Anyone fitted an Air Horn to their van ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Beep beep
IMG_4222.jpeg
IMG_4221.jpeg

Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
''... not strident''!!! WTF does that mean! And what is the point of a 'non-strident' horn? Surely the point is to be heard.

Since there's no mention of a 'x db at x metres° rule I think we'll be fine with LOUD! 😊
There are for this purpose two sorts of laws:

• Those that tell everyone what they need to do to be in compliance
  • Those that place discretion in the hands of the authorities to punish you at will

This is an example of the second type.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
He may have been the original, but Clarkson is the one I heard:

Dave
“I always had empathy for Jeremy Clarkson's solution to cars increasingly becoming an insulated, cosy space with music and detached from the real world outside.”

Jezza was doing what Jezza does best and he plagiarized a much more intelligent persons work and idea in an attempt to appear much more intelligent than he actually is . 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Why would you want one.. my horn gets used once a year by my MoT Tester..
IMV horn blasters are a very inconsiderate and impatiently "look at me " sort of driver.
If a pedestrian "should"attempt to step out in front of you then your "weedy wet fart" is more than enough..
Or are you the sort who picks up your work mate at 5.30 in the morning, sitting outside his house with your big, sorry, small truckers twin horns waking up the whole street..👍
I didn’t reply to your post at the time because I felt you assumed too much however I have now had the horns fitted and they are much louder and these were fitted as a result if an incident on the M65 a few weeks ago where I would dearly loved to have had them.
I was travelling east in the nearside lane at around 65MPH and we approached a slip road off, we were carrying on along the motorway. As a matter of course when approaching a slip road I tend to check right in case there is one if those ‘most get past the van idiots’ coming up along side me.
Immediately I had to slam my brakes on as a saloon car getting closer was obviously coming across my offside to exist onto the slip road he was indicating left and was right by my drivers door as though he hadn’t seen me. I was slowing but he still kept coming across and he missed my front end by around 1 foot, I sounded my horn from the point I realised he was likely to hit my offside wing until he entered the slip road. At no time did he acknowledge my existence, no 2 fingers, brake lights or any other indication that he saw me.
I suspect the driver who was on his own probably had music on or headphones. Dee was frightened stiff and I was shocked at how close he was to us.
If something like this happens again I am confident that other vehicles will hear my new horns.
Be assured that they will not be used to wind people up or disturb people at 5.30am I am fully aware of the rules around the use of horns.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I’d love to fit some Turkish air horns on mine but I can’t get my arms in the letterbox they call a bonnet to fit them🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤯🤯

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’d love to fit some Turkish air horns on mine but I can’t get my arms in the letterbox they call a bonnet to fit them🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤯🤯
I told you it was about time you lost some weight. :rofl:
Start by cutting out the biscuits, then Coastal Cruiser. might talk to you again.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back