Anybody have the new 9 speed auto ! (1 Viewer)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Why is it an easy way to have accidents? Its the opposite as you are able to concentrate on what's happening on the road etc more without changing gear although it does come naturally of course but if you don't have to do it at all one less thing to consciously, or subconsciously, think about ... we've had classis cars/campers in the past and although non required double declutch they weren't the easiest either (Commer camper, Bond Minicar).
your Original post said more time to take in scenery ? Should be looking at road

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
your Original post said more time to take in scenery ? Should be looking at road
No I didn't ... I said 'concentrate on your surroundings' ...

We now have an auto Smart ForFour after having several Smart ForTwo autos and loved them, we changed to an auto MH last year and hubby loves it, I doubt we'll ever have a manual again as the autos are so easy to drive by comparison and leave you to concentrate on your surroundings rather than changing gear. This obviously has physical benefits as no more having to use your left arm to change gears or left leg on the clutch and as hubby has a dicky hip this has also proved to be a great help.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I tend to use the handbrake for the steeper hill starts but it's a PITA because you have to lift the armrest to reach the handbrake lever.

Does the 9 speed auto not come with the Hill Holder feature?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Just been reading about the new 9 speed box, vans come with stop start technology do Motorhomes have this too?

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Just been reading about the new 9 speed box, vans come with stop start technology do Motorhomes have this too?

Yes it's called eco pain in the but turns radio off when stopped you can switch it off tho, mine hasn't worked since the engine light came on, Fiat Italy have just rang and said sensor should be with the garage early next week, rang garage and they have had another 6 vans in since with the same sensor problem

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
Yes, mine does. However, it only comes into action if the starter battery is above a certain level of charge. This can mean that it's not always in use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back