Any body interested with the Oxford patriot Seat lock? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi folks.

Just had a delivery of samples for the Oxford Patriot Swivel locking mechanism decal for the windows I was trying to sort out.
If anyone is interested , Pm me and Im sure that a small batch could be made up for all concerned for a few bob. I have just paid £4.95 including the postage for 6.
The fact of the matter is ...they are not available through the Security company as yet. That may alter as they have come back to me stating that the idea is actually well worth pursuing as a company? Will wait and see.
The decals come through in two designs...Clear and White backed. Both fitted internally and can be placed any where you see fit.
I have put both on and prefer the White backed version as it is quite clear. The backing peels off to suit the decal so it would look better if i had removed the surplus before the picture was taken!
Its a thought if nothing else....Let me know either way.
Personally I just thought with the Patriot device I have fitted...It cannot be seen from the cab with the window blinds across, so an attempt to break in would still possibly go ahead? With a decal on show.....perhaps it just may...May deter? I can only hope.

I know there is a typo error in the word Device...Devise! He has accepted he is a Knob! That will be rectified!

Regards Kev

Attachments

• Patriot 1.jpg
    Patriot 1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 752
  • Patriot 2.jpg
    Patriot 2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 736

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
If they can be botered checkingthe seppinks then who gud is it?
If they cannot be bothered checking the spelling then how good is it?

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Pity they could not spell device correctly - makes them look amateur.
As stated previously......It was known when supplied. They are already being done and will be supplied tomorrow. Thanks for the info though....Good to know that you have an opinion too! If you had read it properly you may have already noticed that Yes?

Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Truly amazes me just how clever some folk really are on here? Amazing honestly. Give it a break .....Im sure you too never make mistakes ? Then again...?

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
As stated previously......It was known when supplied. They are already being done and will be supplied tomorrow. Thanks for the info though....Good to know that you have an opinion too! If you had read it properly you may have already noticed that Yes?

Kev
Yes noticed but it does question the product good or bad, I am not the best in the world at spelling or grammar and do get it wrong but as in cutting wood/metal/wallpaper etc, measure twice cut once , it gives the impression that they are not delivering a quality item, Please relay this to * The Knob* he has a good product, with a lot of potential sales but like * women of a certain age* If it is not promoted correctly and spelt correctly then he /she is losing potential customers

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Yes noticed but it does question the product good or bad, I am not the best in the world at spelling or grammar and do get it wrong but as in cutting wood/metal/wallpaper etc, measure twice cut once , it gives the impression that they are not delivering a quality item, Please relay this to * The Knob* he has a good product, with a lot of potential sales but like * women of a certain age* If it is not promoted correctly and spelt correctly then he /she is losing potential customers
Question? ...........Would you buy if it is sorted?

You See to me......It's really not a problem . Why ? Because it would and will be sorted and of that I am sure. Like most things "prototype".....There is always room for improvement.
As said.. Everyone has an opinion. Some just think that their's is more important than others?
What would be interesting is how you would have reacted if it had not got the spelling error (As was stated in the OP) ?
Just wonder if you would have made a positive judgement then?
Hey ...life's just too short to fuss over it. Im sure you agree?

Kev;)(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Question? ...........Would you buy if it is sorted?

You See to me......It's really not a problem . Why ? Because it would and will be sorted and of that I am sure. Like most things "prototype".....There is always room for improvement.
As said.. Everyone has an opinion. Some just think that their's is more important than others?
What would be interesting is how you would have reacted if it had not got the spelling error (As was stated in the OP) ?
Just wonder if you would have made a positive judgement then?
Hey ...life's just too short to fuss over it. Im sure you agree?

Kev;)(y)
What is it?

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
It locks the swivel seat so turn it away from the steering wheel and lock the seat! No way can you drive it! Genius idea pity about the spelinks !

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
What is it ? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Hi Chase

Oxford Patriot make a Motorbike lock that fits through the Brake disc. A number of us have fitted them to the swivel on the seat mechanism to prevent it being turned and driven off . A theft deterrent really. The only issue was that I thought the decal in the side window would help . Oxford Patriot do not supply them as yet but are considering it now its been put to them.
The decal was the first attempt from a guy DazGrafix . The problem being it was misspelt! He has accepted the c..k up and are now being reworked/replaced as we speak. Will be supplied tomorrow actually. Basically its a decal for the side window..like an alarm decal etc

Kev(y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Truly amazes me just how clever some folk really are on here? Amazing honestly. Give it a break .....Im sure you too never make mistakes ? Then again...?

Kev

Making mistakes on a post or in an e-mail is one thing, but making mistakes in a product one has printed and is trying to promote is another level.

I note you liked AC/DC's post #7 which was along the lines of mine.

Geoff

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Making mistakes on a post or in an e-mail is one thing, but making mistakes in a product one has printed and is trying to promote is another level.

I note you liked AC/DC's post #7 which was along the lines of mine.

Geoff
No not really. If you had read the OP you would have noticed that it states quite clearly that it was an error. You just took it down a peg by making it ' an amateur attempt' . Does it really matter ..Honestly?
Hey as stated...you have an opinion.

Regards Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I guess it would even be an added visual deterrent, even if you don't have one fitted 👍
To be honest..yes you are spot on. Most of us have Remis blinds pulled across which would hide the actual lock even when fitted.
It was an Idea to further the fitting of it that bought it about. Just seemed to be the way forward. However it may be spelt!! lol

Kev ;) (y)

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Kev thank you for this, never mind the people who have yet to make a mistake in life.
I would be interested in 4 if you go to production 👍
Thanks for that..I have made a call to DazGrafix for a collection of 30. As soon as they are available I will get back to you

Regards Kev

Ps....Grafix........his spelling not mine! Lol:giggle:(y)

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have some as well and thanks for sorting a good idea
👍
And as long as the finished sticker is spelt right who give a toss
There are a hell of a lot more things in life that we can moan at

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
great idea Kev, looks very good ignoring the obvious

Can I ask, how big a hole needs drilling to accept the lock please?

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I have some as well and thanks for sorting a good idea
👍
And as long as the finished sticker is spelt right who give a toss
There are a hell of a lot more things in life that we can moan at
As mentioned to Winger..Will let you know when they arrive and hopefully...spelling done properly...I can get a few sent out to any one who wants a couple

Thanks in advance Kev ;)(y)

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
great idea Kev, looks very good ignoring the obvious

Can I ask, how big a hole needs drilling to accept the lock please?
Hi Bud..I did mine 14mm. The base of the Patriot lock is seriously hardened. You will need a washer of around 6mm in thickness x 14 mm internal dia to go on underneath . The idea is to prevent anyone with a Battery Grinder trying to grind it off! The washer (6mm) is enough to take up slack but not enough to aid the rogue with the grinder! It just keeps swivelling around! Trust me...I have tried it and tried to get in with most tools portable! It does its job well.

Kev (y)

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
1595105945533.png

Just to show you what one looks like . The Chrome base with the pin ..needs a washer of approx 6 mm thick. The washer when put on first over the chrome pin, takes up a lot of slack under the seat base. When fitted together..it will allow the device to be turned but....It will prevent a grinder getting to the smaller pin part.
These are not cheap by any means. But if you do value your MH...It has to be worth the funds.

Kev

Regards Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back