Any body interested with the Oxford patriot Seat lock? (1 Viewer)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks Kev, the stickers arrived on Tuesday and have been fixed to the windows. The lock actually arrived yesterday and ‘the hole’ is being drilled today by my mechanic - good timing as the van was dropped off at the garage last night for a minor job to be done🤞

Ginster - sorry can’t comment on this being an easy job - I did get all set up to drill the hole myself and realised I didn’t have the right size bit ! Took the advice on here and’ got a man’ to do!!!😃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Still have a small quantity left of these stickers folks if interested. If any more are required I will have to get some made up again. Its not a problem..just let me know as and when if needed

Regards Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Kev Kev and Carolyn many stickers left? would like to reserve a couple please if there are
Hi there. I have some of external stickers left if thats of help to you. The vinyl is quite heavy duty and long lasting
If you prefer the internal type..Give me a few days and I will order some from the printer

Let me know either way

Kev.

May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Kev
I have actually fitted the lock to my seat base and as you said once the blinds are closed over can't even see the steering wheel lock .Thanks for the effort .I will definitely have a couple if possible .
Cheers
Steve

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi there. I have some of external stickers left if thats of help to you. The vinyl is quite heavy duty and long lasting
If you prefer the internal type..Give me a few days and I will order some from the printer

Let me know either way

Kev.
Hi Kev, I much prefer not to stick anything on the outside, so next time you put an order in for internals, then yes please to 2 for me

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Just put an order in for 30 more for delivery next week. Any one still interested , let me know and I can put some on one side

Regards Kev

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Oxford Patriot make a Motorbike lock that fits through the Brake disc. A number of us have fitted them to the swivel on the seat mechanism to prevent it being turned and driven off . A theft deterrent really. The only issue was that I thought the decal in the side window would help . Oxford Patriot do not supply them as yet but are considering it now its been put to them.
The decal was the first attempt from a guy DazGrafix . The problem being it was misspelt! He has accepted the c..k up and are now being reworked/replaced as we speak. Will be supplied tomorrow actually. Basically its a decal for the side window..like an alarm decal etc

Kev(y)
[/QUOTE]

Careful if you decide to splash out on this idea folks.

I tried mounting two different disc locks on my Aguti swivellers baseplate today and they were not wide enough. Bear in mind the m/c discs are pretty thin. I also tried a throttle lock and a long padlock, they didn't work either!

Hey ho, back to the idea's cave Robin!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Careful if you decide to splash out on this idea folks.

I tried mounting two different disc locks on my Aguti swivellers baseplate today and they were not wide enough. Bear in mind the m/c discs are pretty thin. I also tried a throttle lock and a long padlock, they didn't work either!

Hey ho, back to the idea's cave Robin!
the patriot comes in 2 lengths, did you try the short or long version?

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Wasn't a length problem, it was a width issue.

There's a joke in there somewhere just itching to get out for a Sid James "fnar-fnar"!

The seat base plate is actually quite sturdy, the disc lock couldn't cope with the girth of it. Somebody stop me before I get another ban!

I reckon the seat base is about 7mm and the lock about 6mm. I could get the wee grinder out but I'm not that bothered. I've got plenty of security already and she's well insured...

It was more of an exercise than anything, if it worked goodo, if not, there's other jobs waiting!

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
I fitted mine today (should have took a photo I suppose but didn't finish doing other stuff 'til late). Just waiting on the decals. A big thank you to Kev and Carolyn.

Not sure why but I paid £20 for a blacksmiths 14.5mm HSS drill bit. Like a hot knife through butter.

The Peugot boxer (2009 AutoCruise Gleneagle) has a storage area under the drivers seat. The plastic tray even caught the swarf. Easy Peasy. Works a treat.

I am hoping that and the tracker will be enough? Possibly a tad optimistic?

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Wasn't a length problem, it was a width issue.

There's a joke in there somewhere just itching to get out for a Sid James "fnar-fnar"!

The seat base plate is actually quite sturdy, the disc lock couldn't cope with the girth of it. Somebody stop me before I get another ban!

I reckon the seat base is about 7mm and the lock about 6mm. I could get the wee grinder out but I'm not that bothered. I've got plenty of security already and she's well insured...

It was more of an exercise than anything, if it worked goodo, if not, there's other jobs waiting!
[/QUO

Look at the pictures we have on here and on most fiat ducato motorhomes.thereis plenty of space as you can see with mine. Not sure without seeing a photo of yours turned around why you cannot fit it?
Kev

Attachments

• 1583677334951.png
    1583677334951.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
patriot.jpg

For those insterest in getting some, these are what you'll receive

2x Clear labels and 2 white backing stickers. Got both varieties covered then (y)

For the price whats not to like, and its spelt correctly now :smiley:
Even it you fit them before you get the lock and just swivel the seat round for now its another deterrent to put doubt in the scrotes mind.

Thanks Kev and Carolyn for sorting these and offering them to fellow Funsters

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I've got my seat locked with a "D" lock, but about to replace it with a Patriot + spacer.
I do wonder though how much of a deterrent the backward-facing seat is. If I put my seat-back fully forward, I think I could still sit on it and operate the pedals. I just wouldn't be able to lean back.

What are people's thoughts on that?

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Depends on the van I suppose

Just tried it on ours and there is no way anyone is driving it with the seat facing backwards. The seat will only tilt to 45 before hitting the shower/toilet wall and leaves just enough room to squeeze your legs past the steering wheel. They would have to drive almost standing up which means they can't operate the pedals and their head is up near the parcel shelf. So unless nicked by an umpa lumpa we should be ok

If I can lock ours like that then its gonna make things very difficult for them

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
I've looked at the seat facing backwards and think no one could operate the pedals. Circus acts probably could. Time will tell.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
They would have to drive almost standing up which means they can't operate the pedals and their head is up near the parcel shelf
I be just checked mine again, and it's similar, and my head is up high though I think I could possibly crouch and drive a very short distance. However I've found I can lock it 45 degrees off centre, which would make it nearly impossible to drive, even with the seat- back down.

As an aside, when I was young, my mother had an original Fiat 500 and I could drive it standing up, sitting on the seat- back, with my head sticking out of the sun roof. That was in Kenya, where rules were much slacker. A friend of mine was stopped by the Police, riding three-up on a motorbike and told his L Plate was the wrong size! :ROFLMAO:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
You'll be good provided this chap doesn't fancy your van.

Took him nearly 4 minutes as a lock expert to pick it. I imagine he could do it quicker at a push.
He's got to have some ball to continue while my alarm is going off, oh, then of course he has to pick the lock on my Clutch Claw and then move onto my Stop Lock Pro. :giggle:

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Personally if he was that desperate for it to wait that long...he could have it!
Like him to do the Oxford vertical once fitted though? We that have fitted one...will tell you its a bugger to get to it with the key never mind a Magic key to unlock it!

I wont worry!

;)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back