Any beetle experts (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone know what these little fellows are, we seem to be getting quite a lot in the house,mainly on the Laundry room floor with the odd ones on the wall they are about between 2 and 4 millimetres long
Never realised what my tiled floor looked like in close up :rolleyes:

IMG_8390.jpg

OP
OP
charliesgrandad
Jun 21, 2018
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks, rb62, I just googled it and yes they do look like weevils but it says weevils came with food /flour /rice grain etc,we don't have any food in the laundry room and that is 3 rooms away from the kitchen, will have to investigate further

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If you have plants nearby that's where the weevils will be ,fuscia are particularly prone to this type of weevil, the grubs eat the roots. The flour/rice type weevils are very much smaller,rather like dust specs in comparison.
These have just come in from the garden and are not attracted to food.

OP
OP
charliesgrandad
Jun 21, 2018
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
After further investigation I was correct we don't keep any of our food in the laundry room, but at the back of one of the larger cupboards is where the wife stores her food for the garden birds, she had opened a new 12kg bag last week and on inspection I have just found the inside of the bag crawling with them, so from now on the bird food goes in the shed!. be nice and feed one species and another invades you:(
Moved bird food to the shed and removed contents and cleaned cupboards and hopefully that's the end of them
Thanks again rb62 for coming back to me so quick

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
she had opened a new 12kg bag
I'm guessing you mean of bird seed.
I buy such bags from Home Bargains but when I open them I decant them into tubs which I bought fat balls in before they became available in boxes. The tight fitting lids keep out any invaders.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back