Anti Motorhome / Tourist Trap in Scotland (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Oh dear! From the NC500 wingers
BE9C384B-DDB3-4BA3-A641-0EDC565610C5.png

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Despicable behavior. Although Scotland will be going into a full lockdown from midnight there are still genuine reasons why someone could be driving their MH.

For example Dad took his MH for its MOT today and it had to be driven to and from the test center.

In addition he will be driving his MH to and from work (he's a key worker and not able to work from home) because some drunken **** wrote off his car when they crashed into it after having a couple of bottles of scotch and deciding to drive!

Also, lets not forget those amongst us who live full time in their MHs / campers and don't have a traditional house / flat to go back to.

Personally I have zero sympathy for those that laid the mats and I hope they throw the book at them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I can't see where it indicates it is targeting Motorhomes!
That's right 6 inch nails don't distinguish between cars, motorhomes, nor police cars and ambulances !!!, complete dickheads trick, and the coppers should pulling everything out to catch these dangerous nutcases

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
It's only a thin rubber mat. The nails would just fall over.
If it happens that the nail is falling towards the approaching tyre it would be very effective .
Would you be willing to ride a motorcycle over the mats at speed to prove your point ? :)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If it happens that the nail is falling towards the approaching tyre it would be very effective .
Would you be willing to ride a motorcycle over the mats at speed to prove your point ? :)
It's too far and too cold for me, thanks very much :)

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Despicable behavior. Although Scotland will be going into a full lockdown from midnight there are still genuine reasons why someone could be driving their MH.

For example Dad took his MH for its MOT today and it had to be driven to and from the test center.

In addition he will be driving his MH to and from work (he's a key worker and not able to work from home) because some drunken **** wrote off his car when they crashed into it after having a couple of bottles of scotch and deciding to drive!

Also, lets not forget those amongst us who live full time in their MHs / campers and don't have a traditional house / flat to go back to.

Personally I have zero sympathy for those that laid the mats and I hope they throw the book at them.
Yes, imagine if it was an ambulance!

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Why is there an assumption that was aimed at motorhomes?
nothing in the police report to suggest that.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Not only have they broken every lock down rule in the book, they were not sent straight back to Portsmouth, they were allowed some how to continue breaking the rules by setting up camp on Coldbackie Beach near Tongue.:swear:
I hope they were fined heavily, but no comment from the paper that they had been.:unsure:
The only consolation I can see is they are in a tent, and the weather up there at the moment should sort that out(y):giggle:
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back