Upvote 0

M-J

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Price seems fine but I would be checking number of owners and service history (cab and hab)

Also as above check for damp, get any previous reports to see if it’s had any previous issues.

Apart from that check everything for condition as spares can be both hard to get and expensive. For instance when we purchased ours the fridge door was scratched and part of the deal included the dealer getting a new one.

Lovely van (we have the fixed rear double version) ignore anything you see saying British vans are no good. Just be careful and do your research and checks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Must be mad looking at that after considering a Le Voyager.
Got a few days off. Some one looking after the Inn for us booked to see this one and the Le voyager. This one has less miles and is younger. But we think the Le Voyager has a better lay out.

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I may be wrong... But... Isn`t Motorhome depot only acting agents... and sell private M-homes on commission....

If so what warranty will it have...

I like that layout...(y)... means I would not have to sleep with the wife... :giggler:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
Ours is the same, it’s perfect and has got us out of taking family away on numerous occasions already and we have had it less than 3 months.... every cloud!
Sorry you don't see any benefit from taking family members out in your MH.
We have a four berth MH with five seat belts and we enjoy taking three of the grandkids out to places like Poolsbrook Country park and Clumber Park for a day out in the countryside and have a picnic meal outside or round the table inside if the weather isn't too good.
With only two seatbelts we couldn't do that.
Everyone to their own ......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
I may be wrong... But... Isn`t Motorhome depot only acting agents... and sell private M-homes on commission....

If so what warranty will it have...

I like that layout...(y)... means I would not have to sleep with the wife... :giggler:
Yep there only a go between. As for warranty the motorhome will be on a ferry by July and on the continent as long as possible so cant see much point in a warranty. Once we have a front runner we will start looking in to all the paper work and checks you guys are on about

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The voyageur will be a far superior mh.
Its on a mercedes which is rear wheel drive, so nice.
I would double check the weight.
2 totally different mh build wise, but its down to which layout will suit you, and that you might not find out till you use it.

Upvote 0

M-J

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
It looks like it’s had some knocks on the inside, a decent furniture touch up pen will hide most of them.

The most worrying bits are it looks like it’s been smoked in (a big no for any vehicle for me even when I was a smoker). And is that a crack in the clam above the cab?

What layout and features are you after?

Twin bed, island or french bed?
Full oven and hob?
Two side facing sofa lounge or other?

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Yuk suppose they are alright if you don't mind carrying a full set of tools, a staple gun, glue, screws and spare flimsy plastic parts with you. The Swift we had always had something that needed fixing and we bought it NEW. As for the age old adage of the previous owners will have got everything fixed either they got fed up with visiting the Dealer with numerous faults or they have just got fed up with it.

If you look under the nearside bed you will possibly find a heating system. This makes the bed unusable unless you enjoy being roasted alive. Loads of bells and whistles but you would be better off with a garage rather than an extra large bathroom which you only use on odd occasions during the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

obanvanman

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Sorry you don't see any benefit from taking family members out in your MH.
We have a four berth MH with five seat belts and we enjoy taking three of the grandkids out to places like Poolsbrook Country park and Clumber Park for a day out in the countryside and have a picnic meal outside or round the table inside if the weather isn't too good.
With only two seatbelts we couldn't do that.
Everyone to their own ......
We have 2 extra seat belts but no family to take out:crying1:
How sad is that?

Upvote 0

M-J

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Yuk suppose they are alright if you don't mind carrying a full set of tools, a staple gun, glue, screws and spare flimsy plastic parts with you. The Swift we had always had something that needed fixing and we bought it NEW. As for the age old adage of the previous owners will have got everything fixed either they got fed up with visiting the Dealer with numerous faults or they have just got fed up with it.

If you look under the nearside bed you will possibly find a heating system. This makes the bed unusable unless you enjoy being roasted alive. Loads of bells and whistles but you would be better off with a garage rather than an extra large bathroom which you only use on odd occasions during the day.

What swift and age, also which heating system?

I have to admit, I looked at a couple of brand new Bessacarr on Saturday and the build quality was definitely not as good as our 2012.

The wardrobe door was hanging on by one hinge in one and the other had a sliding wardrobe door that hardly functioned.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
So put the Voyager back to pole position?

Upvote 0

M-J

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Old furniture is better quality than newer stuff, lots of people buy new furniture!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
But even the Voyager is over priced. Messaged some one on here about one in the classified section and they have not got back

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
What makes you say that? Quality costs more and that age Le Voyager is a quality van.
I put another thread on here and I think the general feeling was it was a bit pricey for an older van

Upvote 0

M-J

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I would decide on a layout, bed type etc and what you will use the MH for most of the time.

Then see what you can get within your budget, pick one or two models that tick everything (or as much as possible) and then start searching for the right one.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I put another thread on here and I think the general feeling was it was a bit pricey for an older van
That’s only because not everyone is prepared to pay good money for an older quality van, it’s only overpriced if there is another one comparable but cheaper, that’s my take anyway.

Martin

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
What swift and age, also which heating system?

I have to admit, I looked at a couple of brand new Bessacarr on Saturday and the build quality was definitely not as good as our 2012.

The wardrobe door was hanging on by one hinge in one and the other had a sliding wardrobe door that hardly functioned.

We had a 2011 Bolero with Alde Heating. The bed got so hot you could not sleep in it. We had to switch the heating off a couple of hours before you went to bed. The Swift was the cheaper version of the Bessecar. Always finding screws the fun part was trying to find out where they were from. Under the sink was a rotary shelf and I found the screws in the bottom one day and screws had just pulled out of the MDF. Our microwave had little square wheels inside and when we complained we were told that it was our fault because the MH was not level when we used it. Also had door frames coming loose and many other niggles like condensation pooling in the overhead roof and depositing itself on SWMBO at the first roundabout. Never again would I buy anything thrown together in the UK.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Why not look at both, and see what you think.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back