Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
Almost a year
My Knaus motorhome on a Fiat Ducato is almost 3 years old and I bought it from another Funster, last June, after seeing it advertised here.
All was well until December when, driving back from London, one of the warning lights started glowing - it was the immobiliser one. And it never stopped glowing.
I read in these forums that this is a well-known problem.
I also read that it might be possible to get Fiat to sort it out, despite it being out of warranty.
I rang Fiat and they organised for a garage to confirm it was a problem - I just sent them a few photos.
The garage contacted Fiat who contacted me and said they would pay a goodwill payment towards a new panel - the usual cost would be around £700 to have it fitted but it would only cost me £309.
I refused this, however, and said I knew it was known problem because of all the postings on this forum.
She refused to budge, though, and said there was no higher authority than her.
It was quite amusing when I asked her for an email address so that I could complain about the cost to me of £309 and she said the email would just go to her.
I spent around 20 mins on the phone, always being reasonable but not really getting anywhere.
She still wouldn't budge. She was always pleasant, though.
And that's how the conversation ended.
Until 24hrs later she rang me to say they had changed their mind and would pay for everything. It is now booked in for Monday at a main Fiat dealer in Wrexham - they, incidentally, have been brilliant, throughout.
A good result all round, really, because when I buy my next motorhome I will be very happy for it to be on a Fiat.
Another good reason to be part of Motorhome Fun, as well, because I wouldn't have contacted Fiat for help unless I was a member, here.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The people power of Fun (y) Great to hear you had a good result & think that maybe not just the shared info. helped but also that you might give feedback to the 23000 plus members plus those that find the forum through Google searches...

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for the info, it pays to be persistent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Great result, I would have buckled at the first offer and been grateful, that would be of course until we met at some point and I found out you had got it for free:), bit like comparing holiday prices with the man in the next room

very pleased for you though, should have you negotiating my turbo (y)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
They're replacing the instrument binnacle on mine too (2012 registered) - same issue but a different light. No hassle experienced and I'm just waiting for the part to arrive at the Fiat dealer.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
(y)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Better to buy a base vehicle without in built defects. In an earlier life I ran a fleet of vans where some financial wizard sourced the fleet from Fiat, what a disaster, would never trust them again.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
These companies will try to wriggle out but just mention taking them through a small claims procedure and see how fast they fold. To do this costs very little but could cost them one hell of a lot and the implications for them could he horrendous ..

I know the Fiat and the Peugeot are on the same base vehicle so why do we only hear the name Fiat when this topic is raised ?

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks to this forum I've spotted mine needs doing aswell.. I probably would have left it

Oct 2015 Ducato - result !

?

Deleted User
Guys are you saying you need new clocks? Spedo, Rev counter and all idiot lights unit? Reason i ask i had a problem with my Fiat Stilo. After joining a Fiat forum i found out the car had a known problem where weak parts were used on the clocks circuit board. My car was well out of warranty but fount this company who fixed clocks and gave a lifetime guarantee for £120. Might be handy to ask if you have a problem and out of any warranty.

http://www.mileagecorrectionleeds.com/test/Contact.php

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back