Amazing Camera, Yorkshire Walks, BBC4 (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's on at the moment on BBC4. Very much "Slow Television" and I mean that as a compliment, but apart from the scenery the camera she is using is amazing. I had to do a bit of Googling to work out how a 360 camera works.

The most amazing shots are where you can see her hand but not the pole holding the camera. The giveaway is when there is an external shot which shows the shadow of the pole. All done by the software in the camera apparently when it stiches the images together. :)

Subtle use of drone footage too.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Watched this afternoon and i also wondered how it did that with the pole.
Clearly visible in shadow but nothing in view.

Also wondered why there would be a monument commemorating the end of the Napolionic wars on the Yorkshire moors.
Haven't got round to googling it yet.

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
It's on at the moment on BBC4. Very much "Slow Television" and I mean that as a compliment, but apart from the scenery the camera she is using is amazing. I had to do a bit of Googling to work out how a 360 camera works.

The most amazing shots are where you can see her hand but not the pole holding the camera. The giveaway is when there is an external shot which shows the shadow of the pole. All done by the software in the camera apparently when it stiches the images together. :)

Subtle use of drone footage too.

I have one of these camera's, they are brilliant at capturing everthing around you at once whilst only holding 1 camera.
Clever software hides the pole in the stitching process and keyframes allow you to move around the whole 360 degree landscape to your heart's content.

Also allows you to grab still like the one in my avatar.
Here it is full frame-

Graydo
Warwick castle falconry display.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DoP

Free Member
Mar 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Can anyone tell me the make of camera used for the series. I’ve worked with 360 but much bigger cameras. Would love to know the make of this one.
Thank you in advance. Mike B

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back