Alde 3010 circulation pump not running. (2 Viewers)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I have the same boiler but the next one up on the controller sounds like you may have a problem with the pcb if the pump is running from a 12v supply, try bridging the thermal fuse on the pcb and see if the pump runs, see this thread

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
I am 99% sure that yours will be controlling the pump and the boiler control on its own thermostat, otherwise you would not have hot water when the heating turns down as the hot water is just a "jacket" around the central heating tank, on our controller which is slightly different to yours we have the two positions for the pump setting, one controls the pump on/off to regulate heat via the thermostat and the other has the pump on full time and the thermostat controls the boiler temperature but this way the domestic hot water cools down with the heating cooling.

Martin
Makes sense what you say. The thermostat defo controls a relay as I can hear it clicking.

If it gets me through today then so be it, I've got heat at the moment and Mrs Frosty is not moaning she is cold so I'll leave it alone and speak to alde Monday.

if it gets too hot I'll switch the heating off.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Glad you got heat at last.

Our (NEW) Truma went rogue for 3 weeks before we got it fixed and know only too well that fan heaters are not that good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Just got off the phone with Alde. They said that as there is 12V to the unit and you can hear the click when the thermostat is adjusted then the fault is 99% with the PCB and maybe the contacts of the relay have failed.

Only convern here is that they said JP12 connection is a 12v supply when using Gas as a source. The JP10 connection is a 12V supply when using 230V as a source, hence on this model them being wired together.

This implied that there is a relay switching the pump when on 230v and another relay for switching when on gas, so BOTH relays failed at the same time?

I'll get the board out and have a look. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron so if the pump runs when a relay is given the "tap" with the end of a screwdriver, I'll solder a new one in myself.

Will keep the post updated.

We have decided after this weekends shenanigans, that maybe using the Van during winter is not for us, it's too dark and cold and if the weather is bad we are keeping the little boy cooped up in a smaller space with less to do. Might as well stay at home.

So we have cancelled New Years eve at Henley-On-Thames and Morton-in-Marsh afterwards and will bring the van back out in the spring.

Many thanks to the funster who was staying at Ferry Medows who came to offer a Fan heater for us, much appreciated and was a pleasure to meet you

eddyfoo

Free Member
Nov 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
burnster 748
Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I have tested the voltage at the pump and there is no 12v to it so the pump is not being fed 12volt from the Alde system.
Same problem fella ....did you get to the bottom of it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
We had a similar problem on our Burstner A747.

I found the wires going to the top of the pump we’re very tight. If I gave them a slight tug the pump would click in. Follow the wires down from the pump to where they connect or join, it’s a bad connection in there but very little slack in the wires.

Once I had got it working it would be fine until we moved the Motorhome, then we would have to do the same again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back