Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
These look a good idea as another possibility for a park up, but does anyone know how you get in without a reservation if you don't carry a printer in your motorhome. Entry seems to require a printed barcode slip to enter.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I would imagine that a downloaded barcode on a smart phone screen, could be scanned at the barrier, just as a paper copy of it would.

Just a thought.

Jock. :)

Edit....... John got in there first. :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
They look really good. Looking at a photo of one of the entry points, looks similar to the Camping Carparks one in that there is a pay machine at entry as well as a read barcode without getting put of MH type arrangement.
So you can just turn up and pay to go in, instructions in English.
However, I am sure a barcode on your phone would also be read by this barrier machine.
Reservations seem free of charge but one I looked at had to do at least 72 hours in advance.
15978BCB-9038-427A-83FE-21D23C4295A7.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
I've never seen these before. Does anyone know if any of them appear on P4N or Search for sites app? As I've never come across them I assume maybe not but I've only used these apps for a couple of years

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I've never seen these before. Does anyone know if any of them appear on P4N or Search for sites app? As I've never come across them I assume maybe not but I've only used these apps for a couple of years
They are on p4n, there is more info on the campingcarpark thread running now.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Yes on searchforsites 👍🏻

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I don't know but apparently the new aire at Arras is operated by them and I entered there in October without a problem.
I think I just paid at the barrier for 24 hours.
Can't recall any barcode difficulties

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thinking about it, I recall the the payment machine printed a ticket which was scanned at the barrier to open it.
I guess booking and paying in advance will generate the same barcode for scanning.
So I suppose what we need confirmed is will it scan from your phone ? I'm sure it would but maybe someone knows ?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Thinking about it, I recall the the payment machine printed a ticket which was scanned at the barrier to open it.
I guess booking and paying in advance will generate the same barcode for scanning.
So I suppose what we need confirmed is will it scan from your phone ? I'm sure it would but maybe someone knows ?
You can’t reserve your place at Arras, or any other site I’ve seen so far on their website.

May 29, 2022
Taunton, UK
Funster No
MH
T Line 743
Exp
Since 2020
We stayed at the Aire Park in Blaye north of Bordeaux, with drive over waste, water and EHU. Lovely spot overlooking the Gironde. As I recall the machine produced a ticket with a barcode on it. All very simple, think we paid E6.50 in October.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We stayed at the Aire Park in Blaye north of Bordeaux, with drive over waste, water and EHU. Lovely spot overlooking the Gironde. As I recall the machine produced a ticket with a barcode on it. All very simple, think we paid E6.50 in October.
Is that the new one opposite the chateau, if so that's a good example of the damage these things are causing, both the Aire right in the centre of blaye and the one in the citadel are now closed since this opened.
Too far far for me to walk I'm afraid, the one in the centre was one of our favourites, gone.

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7010
Exp
Since 1974
My experience of this company and the aires they manage is they are not so user friendly as Camping car parks, poor and slow to respond to queries if indeed they bother to reply.
The entry system normally works well and the bar code mentioned is printed out by the machine with all of the other info for your stay, from comments I've seen they are not so helpful if you rely on English as your language.
Unlike Camping car parks the sites are not uniform in what they offer and not all are open all year.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We stayed in the Biarritz - Bidart aire last week. We arrived in the dark - paid for one night at the entrance and the ticket had a QR code to scan at the barrier. Our ticket did not scan and we ended up having to call the helpline to get in. The aire was scruffy - dirt and gravel surface with lots of puddles and the pitches were all sloping. We didn't look at the toilets 🧐. We did use the EHU, topped up water and emptied grey and black. The aire was in a valley and we were glad of the shelter from the strong winds and in the daylight discovered a potential walk around the local lake.
We left the following morning and our QR code refused to scan to let us out resulting in another call to the helpline 😁
We paid 13 euros but this aire was certainly not up to the CCP standard we are familiar with.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
since 2006
When you look at touts aires, they all have option to reserve, certainly first page full.

….. but not Arras… 🙂
Correct there are many you can reserve and as said Arras is one you can't , the signs at Arras (which is a great set up apart from the fact that "do as you likeys" had sussed the entry system out to get a couple in for free although they couldn't use the services) indicate it was set up by Arras community but run by Airepark. Another i stopped at and you cant reserve was the aire in the car park of the Camping du lac kur in Dijon which was an Airpark and has been taken back over and run by the campsite.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The system at the new Aire at Blaye is not fit for purpose. Tried it in last December and had to call the number twice to get the service man to come and get us in and then out again the next morning. Not just us had the problem. Another guy couldn't get it to work to get in. It was obvious that the service guy was used to being called out.

We will stick with our favourite chateau opposite from now onwards.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The system at the new Aire at Blaye is not fit for purpose. Tried it in last December and had to call the number twice to get the service man to come and get us in and then out again the next morning. Not just us had the problem. Another guy couldn't get it to work to get in. It was obvious that the service guy was used to being called out.

We will stick with our favourite chateau opposite from now onwards.
Yes and as I said in an earlier post it's caused the closeier of the other two Aires right in the centre of town.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes and as I said in an earlier post it's caused the closeier of the other two Aires right in the centre of town.
The one by the harbour can still be used for daytime parking, just no overnighting.

Not sure about the one in the Fort. That was a campsite, not an Aire, and was only open in the summer. Seemed to be open last summer.

Nov 6, 2016
pembrokshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
We stayed there had trouble with machine payed but no tickets so tried to phone help no English lucky French man inside aire came to help waited 3hours man came paper roll inside all cloud up he then gave me paperwork with coed on next morning coed would not work had to pay again to get out this happened again at caen aire ferry 6 o’clock had to pay again to get out so not happy with aire park 12€ each time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back