May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Just had my first experience of ADAC.
We are at the moment on a residential site in Spain.
Came out this morning, front tyre flat.
Phoned ADAC, they said we will be contacted within the hour.
30mins. later recovery man turns up changes tyre and away in less than 1x hour.
As spare tyre only a get you home, we went to a garage 5x mins away, they repaired tyre immediately, put on motor and we were back on the road within 90mins.
Well pleased.
Malc

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Quite a few are having a good experience with ADAC?. I am advised they are a German Equivalent of the AA/RAC?. Do they cover the UK as well? or just Europe?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Quite a few are having a good experience with ADAC?. I am advised they are a German Equivalent of the AA/RAC?. Do they cover the UK as well? or just Europe?

They cover the UK too, they sent the AA round when I had a problem at home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
ADAC cover any European country and North Africa ... and at a fraction f the cost of AA & RAC
Ao full repatriation cover and other emergency situations.

OP
OP
malheg

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Hello,
Yes we are covered for the whole of Europe, if you require assistance in the UK they use the likes of the AA.
One of the reasons for selecting ADAC was they give 12 months cover for Europe whereas the AA only give three.
Another benefit is my wife and I are covered for any vehicle we are driving.
Malc

RVCH

Free Member
Nov 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Since 2010
I was just about to purchase ADAC breakdown assistance, but I notice there small print on the website

https://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/
"Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany."

Does this mean you're supposed to be a German resident to purchase ADAC membership? Or do you have to join via other means (not using the links on that page).

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I was just about to purchase ADAC breakdown assistance, but I notice there small print on the website

"Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany."

Does this mean you're supposed to be a German resident to purchase ADAC membership? Or do you have to join via other means (not using the links on that page).

Joining online is for German resident just give them a call as we did and ask for a English speaking assistant

RVCH

Free Member
Nov 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Since 2010
Joining online is for German resident just give them a call as we did and ask for a English speaking assistant
Champion. Will do!

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Excellent service.
I saw them in operation many times when in Germany. Swift, efficient, German ! ! !
Mitch.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

They post my documentation to my address in uk,,I pay them from a UK bank account so not a problem and the fact that i speak to them in English really tells them i am not German ,,BUSBY:):)

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have inquired a couple of times as to whether we could have our documentation in English as they have many UK members now, the operator agreed, but said not to hold my breath!.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have inquired a couple of times as to whether we could have our documentation in English as they have many UK members now, the operator agreed, but said not to hold my breath!.

Somewhere on this forum it has been downloaded,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back