ADAC RENEWAL - OH SO EASY! (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I now that it is a thread that has been posted many times, but I have just renewed my annual membership and it took me all of five minutes with a perfect English speaking gentleman in Germany. Using Skype, it cost me next to nothing with my prepaid credits, and my Halifax Clarity card means no foreign transaction charges.

The magic number?? +49221 472747 (and I believe the +49 bit is the 0049 of the German country code.

Happy? You bet!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for the info John, I've just joined and received my membership card, ill need that number to renew.
I rang a few times through skype with a few different numbers. twice I was told there was no English person to speak to me.
I hope I don't get the same problem if I really need them which I hope will be never!
I've keep that number, just in case. (y)

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
Had reason to use ADAC this year when we broke down in Germany - very impressed with the service given. Can you give me an idea of the cost to join them direct rather than going via an English company?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Had reason to use ADAC this year when we broke down in Germany - very impressed with the service given. Can you give me an idea of the cost to join them direct rather than going via an English company?
I paid €84 with an extra one off payment of €4,not sure what that was for except admin?

Dec 15, 2011
Southwest Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Adria
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks for the info John, I've just joined and received my membership card, ill need that number to renew.
I rang a few times through skype with a few different numbers. twice I was told there was no English person to speak to me.
I hope I don't get the same problem if I really need them which I hope will be never!
I've keep that number, just in case. (y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I joined for the first time this year and did it all by email. The email address I recommend is:

Ann-Katrin.Zintl@sby.adac.de

Membership details confirmed in less than 24 hours. All correspondence in English. :)

I was also given an alternative:

amanda.moser-wickles@sby.adac.de
but I think the Ann-Katrin one is preferred by ADAC.
I tried emailing them and the reply came back in German. I translated it and it said as I had an english address they advised me to use an english breakdown company.

Dec 15, 2011
Southwest Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Adria
Exp
Since 1996
I actually had quite a good to-and-fro email conversation with her as I had a couple of questions, and she answered them all within a day or two.

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
I use Comfort Ins and they use R A C breakdown they put us on ADAC in Germany and they were brilliant and through Comfort it was £58 00. Ps. And they all spoke English.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Probably because they couldn't translate
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Into German ..just sayin:xgrin:
Renewed mine a few months back ,Skype and Clarity card also ADAC Plus. English speaking guy way very helpful.
Hopefully if I ever have to use them it will be as easy .

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Probably because they couldn't translate
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Into German ..just sayin:xgrin:
Renewed mine a few months back ,Skype and Clarity card also ADAC Plus. English speaking guy way very helpful.
Hopefully if I ever have to use them it will be as easy .
That would be funny. trying to translate that! Or even spelling it out, it would take ages as our proper address did.ha ha

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Yes it is 109€ for the partner plus which is husband /wife both covered & it is for whatever vehicle you are in . So if you ahve cars/motor bikes etc all are covered with the one payment , along with all sorts of other benefits.

As to the OP I joined using a spanish debit card & when I phoned the following year & asked about the renewal & was it automatic , they said yes & it was. Just the same as a dd.

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi - another thanks for the phone number, have just rung them (thru Skype) and got put thru to a English speaking operator. But when I told him I wished to pay by credit card (Nationwide) he told me that they don't accept payment by card anymore but would arrange payment by bank transfer so gave him bank sort code and account number and all sorted in minutes. He also asked if I wished to set it up as an automatic renewal which I declined seeing as it was so easy just to call them each year. Just to add, I didn't think to ask if they would accept my bank debit card, perhaps I will next time.
cheers
Clyde

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I paid by credit card, Santander,waited for the membership card to arrive and they had only put me on cover so I had to ring again to add my husband, she said she would take around 20€ but they took 77€.
I couldn't get through again as it was so near christmas so emailed my request for a refund for the extra amount. She replied within a week to say it's been refunded.

Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I have got this thread as "watched" as I will definitely be joining ADAC when my RAC cover run out this year. I did look into ADAC a couple of years ago when I was going on a motorbike trip of Europe- but I had found mixed reviews at the time and didn't have the nerve to follow it through.

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We broke down in Ukraine this year and got recovery through ADAC. Bit of a pain as we had to stay with the vehicle until it was back in the EU (Slovakia). Service was very good given the circumstances and they arranged a taxi from Slovakia to Budapest and flights home for me, my wife, and son (15 y.o.). This was all covered and I only had membership in my name. Not sure if I should have had a family membership??

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That's all you need . You only need the partner plus if you want your partner covered separately for when they are driving on their own.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Just being lazy here, so can anyone tell me whether ADAC membership, for me and Mrs (ADAC Plus?) here in UK, will cover breakdown of either my motorhome or the scooter carried while anywhere in Europe, AND cover me and Mrs in either of our cars, or the scooter, here in UK? What about when we're travelling in non-owned vehicles, here or Europe?
Finally, is there any restriction on the ages of our vehicles? I run a 1996 car and don't see me changing it for a few years yet.

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Renewed ours beginning of January over the phone cost £2.50 for the call.
But I haven't received new cards dated 2017 should I off done ??????

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just being lazy here, so can anyone tell me whether ADAC membership, for me and Mrs (ADAC Plus?) here in UK, will cover breakdown of either my motorhome or the scooter carried while anywhere in Europe, AND cover me and Mrs in either of our cars, or the scooter, here in UK? What about when we're travelling in non-owned vehicles, here or Europe?
Finally, is there any restriction on the ages of our vehicles? I run a 1996 car and don't see me changing it for a few years yet.
Yes with ADAC plus ,your both covered in whatever your driving in U.K and Europe and I don't think they have a vehicle age limit.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
No vehicle age limit. Son's recently been helped out (recovery etc) in his 1984 van.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Renewed ours beginning of January over the phone cost £2.50 for the call.
But I haven't received new cards dated 2017 should I off done ??????

I've only ever had the one original card.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back