LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We're going to tour France in the last week in June/ first week in July and again to include a family visit to Spain for three weeks in September. Do I need to but a card or are they just for low season? I realise there is a site book included but we have quite a bit of site info. (n)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The acsi card covers June and early July and also September so if you are using sites then it will be worth it. You will pay extra for additional family members though.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Low season varies from one site to another. To be sure you can check on the Csmpicard website before ordering

Generally June and Sept are low season

Enjoy your trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> ACSI Card, do I need one?

I've long held the view that you need all the help you can get.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
The main thing to check in September is when the sites close, once August is done they start to shut up pretty sharpish but you'll find one somewhere close to where you want. Well worth the money as you only need a few nights to recoup your outlay. (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yes only need 2 or 3 nights and its paid for.
We travel every September and use it a lot.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
June is low season practically everywhere and the first half of July is OK in a lot of sites. September will be fine but a lot of sites close towards the end of the month. I don't know why as down south the weather is usually excellent in October.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Cos the site owners want a holiday too and they don't want to have to pay their seasonal staff any more than they have to, is why!

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks for the replies. :)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We have had the ACSI book for the last 4 years and its well worth it.Like others have said it will
pay for itself,and its a good resource to find campsites even if out of low season!:)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
There is a decent selection of naturist sites available in the ACSI discount scheme.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Really depends where you are staying, this year is the first time I have managed to get a worthwhile discount. First time I bought one a few years ago, on a German site I saved €1 & they still wanted you to pay for showers which are supposed to be included in the deal. Last year I tried it again, site in Greece were the same price with or without the card. I tried again this year and a site in Granada was €7 cheaper(only worth €3.5 to me as I don't need mains). Then again I rarely use sites.
If you are going to use sites it's probably worth risking a tenner.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We have one every year and usually go for most of june and 2 weeks in Sept. We usually return roughly 3rd July as the french hols start then so gets very busy. ACSI sites are really great and the card has saved us a fortune every year. This year lots of sites end ACSI rates around 2nd July but some go on to 10th. Sept usually re-accepted. Can't go wrong. If you buy via subscription get a little discount, from vicarious books. Also, get the best from the card by using the app, it works offline too. We have noticed a few are not on the list this year, including Aubagne, think that may be cos of the european football stuff which begins 10th June and goes on for 3 weeks I think ?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
You need to be aware that that there are two types of ACSI cards.

The first is a ACSI Club Id Card and the second is the ACSI Camping Card.

The former is only an ID card and will be accepted by campsites in lieu of surrendering your passport.

The latter is a 'discount' card that is provided as part of the purchasing of the ACSI CC Sites book.

You should also be aware that there are two ACSI campsite books.

The first contains sites that participate in the 'discount' scheme (applicable in low season) and will contain your discount card. (There is also an App version of this).

The second contains all the campsites in the discount scheme PLUS all ACSI accredited/certified/inspected sites.

Thus there are two opportunities for confusion:
1 - That the Club ID card won't get you a discount.
2 - That you won't get a discount from a site that is accredited / certified / inspected and not part of the discount scheme.

Ian

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Yes, an ACSI card can bring you substantial savings but don't always assume it's the only way to get them. Ask for their best rate. If the weather is not brilliant or the site not full then you can often negotiate down with no effort at all.

The CCI card that you get for insurance purposes brings discounts on campsites too and sometimes bigger ones than ACSI. Flash that as well as your ACSI and ask for their best rate.

NB also that French sites often have a considerably reduced rate for MHs who don't want full services.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back