Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
BMW Motorrad

Verified Account

3 hrs · <Broken link removed>
You have probably heard of active cruise control in cars. Well, we have some big news: ACC will be available for the #K1600GT and surely seen on other bikes in the future, too!
🙌

➡️
www.bmw-motorrad.com/en/shorturls/acc.html
The new ACC provides maximum comfort for the demanding touring motorcyclist by automatically regulating the speed set by the rider and the distance to the vehicle driving in front. The system automatically regulates the vehicle speed when the distance to the vehicle in front is reduced and keeps the distance defined by the rider. This distance can be varied in three stages. Both the riding speed as well as the distance to the vehicle in front can be set conveniently using a button. #MakeLifeARide #BMWMotorrad

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I thought cruise control had been available on some bikes for ages..

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
I loved adaptive cruise control in cars I've owned but thought these systems want to drive closer to the vehicle in front then I would choose, regardless of the degree of adjustment provided. In the case of a motorcycle that would scare me.

Still it's good to see BMW updating it's now somewhat dated flagship model. Must be time for a thorough upgrade of the K1600 though.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
If anyone is wanting to buy a BMW motorbike, I can highly recommend Allan Jefferies BMW.
Louise, the owner is fantastic and her company really do know how to look after a client.
I bought all of my bikes from there and couldn’t fault them.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I like a cruise control on a bike.. takes a lot of the effort out of it when on long journeys ..
Sadly BM do not have it as an option for the F800 GT, and the aftermarket one is about £800 !!
So I have designed a bar end throttle lock for it ( similar to what Touratech and the like make for the GS's
Took less than an hour to make and I have found it will also fit most of the other F800 bikes in the range

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back