A few Pictures Of The New Van (3 Viewers)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think Carthago like to keep secrets. Cameras are forbidden in their factory. Maybe there isn't a wiring schematic?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Lovely Van Zepp, hope you enjoy to the fullest extent.
Which dealer did you purchase from?
I would have thought that any dealer you buy a Carthago from has a legal responsibility to carry out any warranty repairs as they are under contract to do so. Any spare part or even upgrade (even at ridiculous prices)should also be available from your dealer as they can put their mark up on the price.
We have just collected our new Carthago C Tourer, none of these problems were mentioned , hope its not going to be a disappointing experience for us.
It will be very much dependent on our service experience over the next two years as to whether we go for an upgrade to maybe a Chic S class next or not.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Lovely Van Zepp, hope you enjoy to the fullest extent.
Which dealer did you purchase from?
I would have thought that any dealer you buy a Carthago from has a legal responsibility to carry out any warranty repairs as they are under contract to do so. Any spare part or even upgrade (even at ridiculous prices)should also be available from your dealer as they can put their mark up on the price.
We have just collected our new Carthago C Tourer, none of these problems were mentioned , hope its not going to be a disappointing experience for us.
It will be very much dependent on our service experience over the next two years as to whether we go for an upgrade to maybe a Chic S class next or not.

We got the van from goeuropean nothing wrong with the dealer I get on great with them .

My problem is we spend alot of time in europe and if anything goes wrong I will have to come back to the UK to get it fixed under warranty or pay to have the work done thats if I can find a dealer who will do the work , I can't even find a dealer in Germany who will do the service and damp check for me I even said I did not want any warranty work done but it was still a big fat NO.

Don't let the above put you off your new van TinaL we still love our new van and we will sort something out , its Carthago I have a problem with they don't give a toss about there customers or dealer network .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We also bought our van from GoEuropean almost 3 years ago and as @Zepp says there is little wrong with the dealer. We always get on very well with the owners and staff. They are a small family business that has grown very quickly, perhaps a bit too fast. They have a reputation for giving a good deal on purchases with a fair PX.
As I see it there are perhaps three problems with Carthago service.

1. Carthago pay the dealers very poor rates for warranty work. With most dealers seeming to have more than enough work at full retail rates why would they carry out extra work at low prices? This I think is a general problem throughout the motorhome industry and not just related to Carthago.
From posts on here it does seem that Hymer might have cracked this problem.
Of course the supplying dealer has an obligation to sort out any problems and I think that most do.

2. Carthago have been changing their spares supply and ordering to a new computer system. This appears to have been a complicated and slow process which has caused lots of delays. I understand that the changes are now complete and things are improving. Time will tell!

3. Carthago sales have gone a bit bonkers in the three years since we first ordered ours. The membership of Carthago Owners UK has gone up by three or four times I believe and many owners don't join owners clubs. The dealers are having problems keeping up with the demand for service, warranty and new vehicle prep work.
Go European had just moved into new service premises when they handed over our van to us and within a year were saying they needed more space.
While chatting to management at GoEuropean they confirmed that they would not carry out warranty work on vans they haven't supplied. They have more work than they can deal with now.

Just my view on the situation and I have to say that after having a fair number of issues under warranty, mostly minor but irritating, the van now is great and we are more than happy with it.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back