A few Pictures Of The New Van (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Looks great, with good spec. It appears LHD if so did you order in the UK or import?

Yes its LHD we ordered in the UK due to exchange rate If it was upto me I would of got it in Germany but the boss said NO

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If it was upto me I would of got it in Germany but the boss said NO

IMG_7822.JPG

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Lovely looking van, have fun & many happy adventures:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks lovely, hope you have loads of happy times in it

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
So wheres Charly going to sleep? hope youv'e got some decent wine in the fridge to go with it none of that cheap stuff he!he! enjoy see you at Stoneliegh Rod Mar & Charly

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Enjoy your travels and your van, it's lovely.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
So wheres Charly going to sleep? hope youv'e got some decent wine in the fridge to go with it none of that cheap stuff he!he! enjoy see you at Stoneliegh Rod Mar & Charly

Hi
Charly will have his own bed in the lounge one of the seats turns into a single bed no idea how :D I only buy the best wine I got 6 bottles for 5 euros

It will be nice to catch up with all 3 of you at the show

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Lovely van, could see the gin bottles though ;)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You won't see any bottles we have a drinks cabinet :wine:
Lol I am not surprised, you could entertain HMTQ in that palace (y)

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
9A866BDF-45D7-4515-B608-9322660F4344.jpeg
Nice van, we have just downgraded from an arto 7.4 mtr to a IH 6.3 mtr and love it, can go anywhere with it and fit in smaller spaces. Can sit in bed on cold mornings and drink tea, etc.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Absolutely stunning.(y)

I must make sure not to park next to you on site or I will spend all my time a dark shade of green!

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Do you like it then.

Yes we love the van it’s great to drive and we are happy with the layout the only downside is Carthago we went to the factory in Germany hoping to pick up a few spares we were told no they do not sell to the public you have to go to a dealer ( all I needed was a rubber seal for the waste tank and a door catch I did offe to pay ).

We will be in Germany when the first service is due we contacted 4 dealers in Germany to ask if they will do the service and damp check , we gave them 6 – 8 months notice none of them would do the work god help us if we need any warranty work done in Europe or the UK apart from the dealer who we bought the van from .

I was told the dealers do not want to do the warranty work due to how much Carthago pay for the work to be done and also how long they have to wait for the cash.

We still love the van and we will come back to the UK for the service or we may not even get the service done as I do not think the warranty is worth the paper it is written on , we will do all the fiat / engine service when due .

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had two problems with our Carthago while abroad and under warranty. Both times the nearest dealers weren't interested.
First was in France and we went to a dealer in Caen. The manager just shrugged his gallic shoulders and said they were too busy.
The second time in Valencia I persuaded (pleaded with) them to do a repair for which I paid. Fortunately Spanish labour charges seem to be way cheaper than the UK so it was not a lot of money.

Richard.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Very disappointing re Carthago support.
If you look in their brochure or online it says they have ' service hotline' numbers where you can reach a service employee until 10 pm who will be 'pleased to assist you in case of a problem 365 days a year'.
Dont know if anyone has ever tried one of these and if so what sort of response theyve had?

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Very disappointed to hear that Carthago City HQ in Germany NOW won't sell you spare parts direct. After all, they've got all the spare parts there. Terrible customer service.

We visited about 3 years ago and bought replacement hab door lock, draw catches and wingmirror parts.

I'm sure Hymer at Bad Waldsee (just down the road) would be only too pleased to sell you spare parts, if you had a Hymer. They have an extensive accessories shop linked to Movera where I believe you can also purchase spare parts.

I've heard that spare parts ordered via the Carthago dealer network take ages to arrive and quite often the wrong part turns up.

I requested a 12v wiring diagram from Carthago HQ - no you must contact your Dealer. I told them that my previous van, a Hymer, came with a wiring diagram as part of the documentation. It fell on deaf ears, unsurprisingly !!!

Needless to say, won't be buying another Carthago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back