90 Days in 180, Should we be concerned yet? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I have already stated l do not believe it to be a law. An infringement of EU restrictions on none EU residents at most.The point was the subject got jumped in just as you are doing.Armchair warrior sitting judge and jury over someone else’s freedom or way of life.
Not at all. EU is the arbiter, not me, in armchair or otherwise; it is an EU Law applicable to Third Countries and breaches can be dealt with by fines, bans and deportations. Breaking a law is not an answer to a perceived restriction of a personal freedom

Steve

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I have NOT overstayed, I said my passport has not been stamped twice now when leaving Spain therefore it appears looking at it I have been here a lot longer than i actually have.
I didn't say you had; I replied to a post supporting overstays. It has also been mentioned on many occasions that the absence of a passport stamp means nothing, because the details are recorded on a variety of databases.

Steve

Deleted User
To make my position clear I have always been of the opinion that if I believe breaking a law would harm no one then I would.
In this case I don't need to but I would if necessary.
My original post was to highlight that many funsters have a 'law is the law' attitude

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Isnt this the same law the same people were breaking last year and its own citizens regularly break?

No.

The 90/180 in Schengen never applied to the UK until this year due to the UK being in the EU.

The "law" people were breaking was individual country requirements for staying past 90 days in one country. You could then go next door for 24 hours to reset the clock or register with the police on the Register of foreigners residing in that country (Spain in this example). Some countries, e.g. France didn't require registration. The only problem could be with the Tax Office if you overstayed 183 days in one country.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I suppose laws have to be made for people with no common sense 🤔 like we all have to drive at 30mph at 3am along deserted streets, because if there were no limits and we were all treated like (licence holding) adults, some idiots would abuse it.
That's just one example but when you think about it, every law is to stop extreme behaviour.

What about these: We all have to pay extra for full sugar Coke because some people are fat.
We all have to pay a minimum price for alcohol because some people are hooked on it.

Silly laws that if broken with common sense do no harm.

Anyway that's enough thinking for today 😏 time for a San Miguel 😛

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I have already stated l do not believe it to be a law. An infringement of EU restrictions on none EU residents at most.The point was the subject got jumped in just as you are doing.Armchair warrior sitting judge and jury over someone else’s freedom or way of life.
But is this not part of the restriction on freedom of movement? Otherwise what would the point of it all be ! Non eu citizens can apply to stay longer than 90 days and if you are not well again you can apply to stay longer than 90 days.

It’s seems straight forward No one is being judge and jury the stipulation is 90/180 or apply to stay longer.

the U.K. have moved away from ‘away of life’ regarding freedom of movement. People cannot expect to have it both ways and we have to respect the EU’s ruling regarding 3rd country visitors and their way of dealing with anyone who overstays just as you would expect our government to do so, otherwise it’s a free for all……

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The reason we have this law, is because people voted for it, we can’t suddenly decide we don’t like it. Unfortunately we are stuck with it, as are other countries outside the EU. If those of you wish to break that law, so be it, but remember to take it on the chin if caught. We are only guests in Europe now.
Not EU,,only Schengen,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
But is this not part of the restriction on freedom of movement? Otherwise what would the point of it all be ! Non eu citizens can apply to stay longer than 90 days and if you are not well again you can apply to stay longer than 90 days.

It’s seems straight forward No one is being judge and jury the stipulation is 90/180 or apply to stay longer.

the U.K. have moved away from ‘away of life’ regarding freedom of movement. People cannot expect to have it both ways and we have to respect the EU’s ruling regarding 3rd country visitors and their way of dealing with anyone who overstays just as you would expect our government to do so, otherwise it’s a free for all……
Not an EU ruling its only in the Schengen zone,,which unfortunately is most of Europe.BUSBY.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Not an EU ruling its only in the Schengen zone,,which unfortunately is most of Europe.BUSBY.

List of Schengen countries​

Austria
Belgium
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What about Gassing,,,BUSBY😄😄
Or maybe using an A frame in Spain(y)

What Could Go Wrong Donald Trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
I’m still trying to find an official calculator.

So for the time being I’m using an app/web based one.

A young man was detained on my flight from Alicante on Sunday. He was being sent back the next day. Though I don’t know why.
Try this.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

I was responding to post #12 which attracted posts that l did not nessasarily agree with.

The posts by some go straight onto you will get what you deserve if you state your opinion on matters and that is not what the topic is about.

l have not heard of any facility that allows a longer stay? although l can appreciate that illness would be an acceptable reason.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Or perhaps stay by claiming asylum after 90 days?
(I don't think the migrants have to do that after 90 days).

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Or perhaps stay by claiming asylum after 90 days?
(I don't think the migrants have to do that after 90 days).
Or just apply and follow the process, migration is not going to go away, people being oppressed in foreign lands, Climate change where there will be little to no rain or maybe too much rain and economic migrants.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The sad fact is that people in general want anyone to fail in enjoying an overstay instead of wishing them in their way and saying good on you.
I don’t think it’s people in general. I only read of this type of person on this forum. On the other forums I use (motorcycling, walking) it’s generally thought to be good on the travellers managing to stay longer, rather than wishing bad luck on them.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I don’t think it’s people in general. I only read of this type of person on this forum. On the other forums I use (motorcycling, walking) it’s generally thought to be good on the travellers managing to stay longer, rather than wishing bad luck on them.
Most people who voted remain love any kind of bad news relating to the UK. I call them "Remainer's relish" stories in the media. A lot of bitterness out there 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back