90 Days in 180, Should we be concerned yet? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
I believe not until the end of 2022 when the new European Travel Information and Authorisation (ETIAS) system comes into place.

When this comes into effect ETIAS will track overstay through the Entry/Exit system (EES).

EES will register third-country nationals entering and departing the Schengen Area, identifying anyone who overstays.

But until this happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

My story this year is;

Since June when the border to enter Spain reopened I have been back a forward 7 times not once has a border officer looked at my hard stamps in my passport, on 2 occasions leaving they have not bothered to stamp my passport.

One occasion entering Malaga airport recently when they were really busy they were doing the usual of just looking at the photo and waving people through.

To those of you who say to me when your passport is scanned it’s recorded I don’t believe that’s the case and have never met anyone who does they just think that’s what happens.

So I don’t believe I have anything to worry about this year when I get to overstaying by a few days.

I will let you know how I get on when this happens in November.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Good luck with that will be interesting to hear how you get on but from my experience I went to Denmark a couple of weeks ago by Air passport scanned and stamped both times.

Last week went to/from France via the Tunnel and passport stamped both times also.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
From the ANNEX to the COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION establishing a common "Practical Handbook for Border Guards" to be used by Member
States' competent authorities when carrying out the border control of persons and replacing Commission Recommendation C(2006) 5186 of 6 November 2006 [Updated 8 Oct 2019] Pages 23 et seq:

3.3. Border guards must systematically check third-country nationals against the following
databases:
 SIS (part on documents and part relevant for assessing if the persons in question
may represent a threat to the public policy, internal security, public health or
international relations of the Schengen States)
 SLTD;
 national databases containing information on stolen, misappropriated, lost and
invalidated travel documents; The border guards may also consult other national and Interpol databases.

Full document in hyperlink

EU Border Guard Technical Manual for Third Country Visitors

We have to wait and see whether the Regs are being enforced for everyone, or whether the EU is just looking for professional criminals rather than errant Motorhomers etc. But, just because the Regs may not be enforced at present, does not mean that they won't be in the future as the European Travel market gets back into full operation.

As long as anyone who is caught doesn't then moan on here about EU punishing UK, or claim that there's more serious crimes that need pursued. etc etc, I care not one iota (y)

Steve

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
There is a clamp down on UK/GB cars and vehicles in our area. " Freds " True first name.. car was caught,it was a fine or snatched.... The fine was more than the car was worth,so he gave it to them. This IS true,not many months ago... Portugal IS sleepy town,but,they have computors in all GNR cars and can even tell at the side of the road if you owe any tolls from way back .
They are firm but fair. I was at a routine stop,all paperwork for the car spot on,the officer looked at my UK licence,called his mate over,had a chat to him and came back to me. OOOps i thought. He pointed at the licence and told me to get it renewed,as it ran out in about 6 weeks. Guess who now has a Porty Licence...............
Tea Bag

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012

………..To those of you who say to me when your passport is scanned it’s recorded I don’t believe that’s the case and have never met anyone who does they just think that’s what happens……….
With regards to this aspect of the OP I can personally say when I exited the UK in 2011 and returned a year later the Immigration Officer at the Eurotunnel scanned my passport and then said “You’ve been out of the country a long time, do you own a property abroad?” He clearly had the ability to see my departures & arrivals instantly. I cannot believe things are harder now to detect.

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
To quote Clint Eastwood "do you feel lucky, punk!"
Met a couple in Spain last September, touring with car/caravan, stayed in touch, they only returned recently to UK via channel crossing and got away with it, but were they just lucky!

OP
OP
Captain Lloyd

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
We'll know how they treat over-stayers soon enough. Plenty of fools will play at canary for us. :D
So I flew into Malaga 3 days ago as I have left my MH here, turnstiles had gone now there are 6 border control booths so even though it was busy went through really quickly this time no scanning of passport just stamping not interested in the slightest of all my previous stamps.
As I have said before some of my previous visits my passport has not been stamped so if you were to look at it now it reads I have been in Spain well over 120 days within the last 6 months.
I am convinced nothing is going to happen until this new visa system comes in to operation at the end of 2022.
I’ll cary on being a canary for you Jim.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
So I flew into Malaga 3 days ago as I have left my MH here, turnstiles had gone now there are 6 border control booths so even though it was busy went through really quickly this time no scanning of passport just stamping not interested in the slightest of all my previous stamps.
As I have said before some of my previous visits my passport has not been stamped so if you were to look at it now it reads I have been in Spain well over 120 days within the last 6 months.
I am convinced nothing is going to happen until this new visa system comes in to operation at the end of 2022.
The sad fact is that people in general want anyone to fail in enjoying an overstay instead of wishing them in their way and saying good on you.

Deleted User

The sad fact is that people in general want anyone to fail in enjoying an overstay instead of wishing them in their way and saying good on you.

So it's OK to break the law when it suits?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I was brought up to respect the people and the country in which I was a guest that included their laws and culture , will you be opening a HAND CAR WASH as that is the way many illegals get by in Britain :cautious:
I wonder if it was introduced that vehicles were seized would that change the attitude to breaking other counties laws. :eek:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I wonder if it was introduced that vehicles were seized w
Hi.
Portugal ,vehicles. YES and NOW ( Bit of a Lotto ),can be seized or you are given 24/48 hours to get it OUT of the country. That focuses minds.
Tea Bag.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have to say being truthful ...i don't really have much respect for laws

Morals are more important to me ....i believe all men are equal regardless of what money they have and what job they do and i therefore do not agree with someone else controlling my life, decisions and freedoms 🤷🏻‍♂️ . Noone has to agree with me ...they also have those freedoms.

Many many many laws are just downright stupid and created to appease one group of people while completely disregarding another group of people.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
There was a discussion on Citizen advise Spain, where as the person had to prove they were in Spain the required amount of time to retain residency, and someone gave this advice. 🙂

Also you can apply to the passport office for a record of all your travel - your passport nowadays is always scanned and has been for some time - also you register your passport number with the airline companies who register your travel with them which in turn is submitted electronically to the passport office so you can get a legal activity report on your foreign travel - my friend got one to prove that she came to spain and didn’t leave - the link is on the passport office website I believe or you can call them - you have to send them some documentation in order for them to provide you with the evidence of digital travel record - but it’s there if you need it.

Bob.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Why would anyone support 'enjoying an overstay' when this involves breaking the law?

Steve

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
The reason we have this law, is because people voted for it, we can’t suddenly decide we don’t like it. Unfortunately we are stuck with it, as are other countries outside the EU. If those of you wish to break that law, so be it, but remember to take it on the chin if caught. We are only guests in Europe now.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Why would anyone support 'enjoying an overstay' when this involves breaking the law?

Steve
I have already stated l do not believe it to be a law. An infringement of EU restrictions on none EU residents at most.The point was the subject got jumped in just as you are doing.Armchair warrior sitting judge and jury over someone else’s freedom or way of life.

OP
OP
Captain Lloyd

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years

Steve
I have NOT overstayed, I said my passport has not been stamped twice now when leaving Spain therefore it appears looking at it I have been here a lot longer than i actually have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back