Aug

Rally 3f's Meet - With A Difference - 4/8/22 To 9/8/22 - Page 17 More Details #501 (1 Viewer)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Home now after 4 great nights at Drax, thanks to Bob, Denise, Terry & Lisa for all the organising, and Rob & wife for doing the dj’ing.
Great event for raising so much money for the Doncaster hospital cancer care unit. Food was excellent every time.
And weather was a bonus
Put us down for next year
Bob & Val

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Back home safe in Chesterfield. Wow, what a fabulous professionally put together and fun all the way rally.
Thank you Bob, Denise, Terry, Lisa, Kate, Dave and all the others who made this the success it has been. Special thanks to Drax Social Club Staff who went above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect.
It was fabulous meeting friends from the past, some as long ago as Wrenbury and Twin Lakes, and making new friends for the future.
The food was superb, entertainment varied and all top class.
See you all next year. Stay safe everyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We are safely home after a long drive (all 35minutes of it ;) ) and the washing's already done. Thanks must go to Bob, Den, Lisa and Terry and anyone else who contributed to a truly FUN weekend. Renewed acquaintances with old friends and met new ones for the first time, some of whom we have had conversations with on the forum but not in the flesh. Once more the team have set the benchmark for rallies.(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120 low-line
Exp
Autumn 2020
We are safely home after a long drive (all 35minutes of it ;) ) and the washing's already done. Thanks must go to Bob, Jen, Lisa and Terry and anyone else who contributed to a truly FUN weekend. Renewed acquaintances with old friends and met new ones for the first time, some of whom we have had conversations with on the forum but not in the flesh. Once more the team have set the benchmark for rallies.(y)(y)(y)
We were a bit quicker I think, all the way down the m62 to LS26 😁 Love a local rally!

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
We are back and second load of washing done! We have to thank Terry and Lisa and all the other other hard workers,and then I have to thank all my personal medical staff who appeared and treated me after my stupid accident😘😘😘😘 and also the technical branch who got our vehicle started! We oldies are so pleased to be Funsters🤗🤗🤗
20220808_192936.jpg

Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
Thanks very much to everyone involved in making the Drax weekend such a great time. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting Funsters we'd met before and talking to lots of others. Special thanks to the Club for the food, we've not seen such a good Sunday carvery for years, and as for the hog roast it was such a surprise, and absolutely brilliant, not forgetting the BBQ which was so well organised. Hopefully we will be able to come along next year, in the meantime we hope everyone has a great summer.
Jim and Rosemary

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
A big Thank You to Bob Denise Terry & Lisa the .Marshalls. Rob & Co for the Disco
We had a Brilliant time with you all. burgers & buffet & Entertainment were superb. weather fab .great funster company as always .❤️
Drax social club great venue with lovely staff .
Can't wait for the next one .
Happy and safe travels all.

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
We are back and second load of washing done! We have to thank Terry and Lisa and all the other other hard workers,and then I have to thank all my personal medical staff who appeared and treated me after my stupid accident😘😘😘😘 and also the technical branch who got our vehicle started! We oldies are so pleased to be Funsters🤗🤗🤗View attachment 650595
Pleased you had a great time even with a couple of mishaps. Carol was only pleased to help and make your your thumb a bit more comfortable.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
We can only reiterate the comments already made it was a great rally reminiscent of the ones when MOTORHOME FUN was created so well done to Bob, Denise, Lisa and who could forget Mr Fix it himself Terry.
Dax sports club is definitely the place to be for excellent food be it a sandwich or full blown Sunday lunch. The excellent entertainment sourced by Lisa was perfect as was the act donated by Drax chief Dave on Sunday.
Anyway enough of my ramblings looking forward to next year already in the diary.

Thanks again Mick n Sheila aka Runrig xx

ps nobody told us about the gin party though we funster shared everything but there are limits 🍺🍾🍷🍹🎂🥰😃😆🤣

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We are back and second load of washing done! We have to thank Terry and Lisa and all the other other hard workers,and then I have to thank all my personal medical staff who appeared and treated me after my stupid accident😘😘😘😘 and also the technical branch who got our vehicle started! We oldies are so pleased to be Funsters🤗🤗🤗View attachment 650595
Oops…… how did you do that?

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It's all been said above already, however, we too had a fantastic time, and would just like to pass on our many thanks to Bob & Denise, and Terry & Lisa, for all the planning and effort that went in to making the Rally such a great success, and of course to all those who assisted in many ways behind the scenes. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Just brilliant, venue and facilities, organisation and events. Thank you Bob and Denise, Terry and Lisa and all who supported and helped deliver a fantastic long weekend. Roll into the mix a lucky group of funster's and you get perfec.
Thanks again, Eddie and Margaret.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
It’s difficult to add to the above comments with anything meaningful, as it has all been so eloquently conveyed all ready.

Many thanks for all the organisational hours of blood sweat and tears involved in putting on such a fantastic event… Bob, Lisa, Terry and Denise should be incredibly proud of giving 100 odd ‘vans full’ a fabulous weekend and whilst giving everyone such a great long weekend, also raising a very significant amount for a charity so close to the organisers hearts! 👏🏻 👏🏻

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
What can I say that has not been said already? Absolutely nothing except,

A heartfelt THANKYOU to EVERYONE for a fantastic weekend especially to Bob, Lisa, Terry and Denise and all the other Funsters helping.

May I also give a special mention for the staff at the venue, they have worked their socks off to give us a service second to none and always with a smile, that's priceless!

Safe journey everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing most of you next year if not before?

Take care, Owen 😄

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back