36mph in a 40 | Page 2 | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

36mph in a 40

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 690
Exp
9 years
I m quite sure the driver deserved it, or the officer wouldnt have wanted to waste his own time.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Rule 264
You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
From the map view the dual carriageway was between 2 roundabouts, half a mile apart. He could could have advised he was in the outside lane as he was turning right at the next roundabout and was therefore in the correct lane.
more like 200 meters and at the next roundabout it has marked lanes. He was likely in the outside lane to go across the roundabout towards Broadstone and canford heath estate, which you cant do from the middle lane. Left is tower park, middle to Dorset way towards fleetsbridge and right for broadstone/canford heath

I honestly think the driver was in the right lane and should challenge the charge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
How long would you have to be in the outside lane to be lane hogging?
My understanding is that in normal circumstances you over take and move into the left lane, lane one or two.

You do this if it’s going to take more than a few secounds before you need to over take the next vehicle you are catching and move out again.

Ive never figured out why drivers on a virtually empty motorway stay in lane two or three.

Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
West Country Motorhomes
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Rhino Installs
Johns Cross