365 days european breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I rang the C&CC to speak to the carefree department and was put through to the guy who wrote this email who basiccally said that the ARRIVAL scheme and its 90 day single trip rule is a C&CC product (using RAC) and the additional 180 day cover is a separate product offered by RAC, which only covers MHs up to 8 meters. So I either chop off half me bed room, go for 3 instead of 6 months. or drive to calais for a day trip to dover and back , @2000 miles.
The guy at C&CC stated that maiking ARRIVAL have a 180 day single trip would greatly increase the premium and as most members dont go away for that long wouldnt be right. Surley they could ask the powers that be at RAC to increse the allowable length of Motorhomes who take out this separate single trip extension ?
I have also in addition tried the three suggested insures that BIBA suggested
EMAIL PASTED HERE-

"Thankyou for your email. We do have a listing for Breakdown but we do not have details of there criterias, here are some numbers for you to try,

K Drewe - 01227 785555

Coversure - 0870 458 5651

GMI - 0208 859 7193

You can also find more numbers of our website British Insurance Brokers Association :: BIBA :: if you click on Consumer and then on to the Motor symbol you will get a list on the left if you double click on the Breakdown catergory you will get a list of insurance brokers you could try.

Kind Regards

Tracy

Member Line: 0844 77 00 266 "

They only do recovery with thier insurance policies and as I work in entertainment and have a larger MH find it VERY hard to get insurance. I tried all three and all declined to quote me.

SO what next....anyone any ideas ????

I'll send a link to this thread to mr C&CC. me thinks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you could stay in uk. might be better as you could stop worrying then . leave more room for us ,,, to party on!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Interesting.

When we had the problem with the security code in Morocco, ADAC didn't ask us how long we had been away from home. They just came and took the MH to where the problem could be fixed.

did they not say anything about your MH being more than the 10 meter limit in length ??
I was just about to join ADAC and noticed this ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you have to remember that if your m,vehicle is out of uk for more than 12mths it should be classed as exported n you should tell dvla. thats another reason 365 days cover is not a term used by recovery people. many uk vehicles are used abroad n break this rulling but could be picked up n scrapped by other euro countries . its down to us having to register our vehicles with dvla. we actually pass true ownership to dvla. thats why they can scrap un taxed cars without going to court.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Insurance

Anyone know of a company which will cover a 3850kg mh for 365days in europe.
I have rung round a few and had no luck. Looks like we will have to go without.
There must be a company out there that does, surely?
Get a copy of this months Practical Motorhome There are 5 pages re insurance.:thumb:

S

s700hymmerc

Deleted User
try this then for breakdown,

hi their i have said in this forum before if you have a loydds t.s.b. gold account you will get breakdown cover free , well :ROFLMAO:, but this only works with the gold account it covers the car as well as the motorhome , ours is 4,600kgs, max and 7.3 metres long 2.9, metres high and 2,2 metres wide , and they will pick up , all you have to do is ask .
and it works ::bigsmile:

all the best , take care have fun , ain,t life great, AH!!!!!!!!!!!.

denton.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back