• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 3 Bedroom Detached Bungalow. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
12' ceilings buttons, drop them 4' and put dormers in the roof and you have two more bedrooms, a five bedroomed holiday home.
Many bungalows have good potential for loft conversion olley we have done a few in the past and Dunoon is a nice part of the country...:xThumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Two reasons not to drop, the window height and the period cornice.

Having worked on a couple of mansion and the like conversions (plumbing not building) they just run the lowered ceiling to within a foot or so of the window and then angle it up. At the Bishop of Rochester's Palace Danbury, in one of the flat conversions they simply ran the floor straight up to the window, looked an absolute pig in the room above with a floor level window 18" high.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
That's a good looking property and I know the area well, I am surprised it hasn't sold by now.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Change the agent. They lose interest after about 6 months.

The timing is wrong for us - had things been clearer about what my parents are going to do we could be thinking about moving but we need to stay here for the duration.

Deleted User
I love it but it is almost 9hour drive from where I want to move to. :(
It's a lovely area to live and plenty of good scenic drives, only downside is the dreaded midge in the summer.

Deleted User
They aren’t a problem in town but the west of Scotland is renowned for them.
They have been every time I visited in the summer, particularly early evening, but probably depends on where abouts you are in Dunoon.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Looks like a bit of self promotion on the best motorhome site has boosted online viewings (y)
DF3001C2-51F5-4990-97BF-BB5C322C9111.png

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nice place and nice price.

Good luck

Deleted User
Well thats oor wee hoose in Dunoon sold. :crying:
Congratulations - understand you feeling a bit sad, just waiting for exchange of contracts on the sale of my house and then i will be homeless :(. I love Dunoon area and often visit Kirn which is just along the road. There are some lovely drives and scenery.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Congratulations - understand you feeling a bit sad, just waiting for exchange of contracts on the sale of my house and then i will be homeless :(. I love Dunoon area and often visit Kirn which is just along the road. There are some lovely drives and scenery.
We get the ferry into Kirn, we have had a property in Dunoon my whole life , 63 years. We had looked at a 4 bed detached with a big garden but sadly Mrs bigtree doesn't want to live in Dunoon. I drove over to Portavadie a few weeks ago, came back through a snowstorm.

Deleted User
I went to Tarbert from Portavadie earlier this year, fortunately had sun shine and no snow.
I imagine you see a big difference in Dunoon now compared to when the Americans had their base in the Holy Loch.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Nice one!

The best 2 days of owning..........

The day you buy.............and the day you sell..........(y)

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I went to Tarbert from Portavadie earlier this year, fortunately had sun shine and no snow.
I imagine you see a big difference in Dunoon now compared to when the Americans had their base in the Holy Loch.
Yes the town was busy and booming when the Yanks were there, went downhill fairly rapidly when they left. It is picking up again with younger people trying to regenerate businesses,don't know if you know the Lorne pub it's all done up and doing well.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
No, with a boat you just chuck money at it, you generally make money with houses.

It's not always about the money........it's about moving on(y);)

.........capital gains tax is only paid on second homes.........

tough, but check with an accountant as to 'relief'.......(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
For CGT provided you lived there for any of the time you owned it the gain will be significantly reduced, plus there is a sliding scale due to how long you have owned it

Definitely get advice from an accountant though, but at least £22K of any gain is free if you owned it jointly, don't forget to allow all the fees to sell and buy, including stamp duty if paid when bought

pleased it has sold eventually (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back