• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 3 bed semi (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Well after losing our dog a few weeks ago the house just doesn't feel the same so we have decided to move on.
So thought I may as well put a link on here as it may be of interest to someone.
I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Depending on what you intend to do you could try letting it out for now, either spend some time in your MH, or rent somewhere different

It will probably get £600 + / month rental income for you

If selling is still your choice, that price should see it sold quickly

Best of luck with the sale and getting used to having no dog around :(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
wow you get a lot for your money up there. we have a similar 3 bed semi on the south coast, valued at 3 times that.

That's the trouble
... when we need to move South .. we need to win the lottery syndicate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Well after losing our dog a few weeks ago the house just doesn't feel the same so we have decided to move on
Seems a bit drastic unless you were thinking of moving anyway ?
Good luck with the move and new pastures to explore (y)
Edit : I pass your way regularly on the way up to Knypersley Reservoir for doggie walks, love that area.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
wow you get a lot for your money up there. we have a similar 3 bed semi on the south coast, valued at 3 times that.
Couldn't even buy a single garage in a compound for that in Brighton, I'd put it around £400k here.

It will probably get £600 + / month rental income for you
Rents are cheap as well about £900 - £1000/ month here but relative to property price makes our rents look cheap.

Good luck with the sale at that price it must shift fast.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
@Paul and Kate so sorry to hear that after the loss of your dog you feel you have to move, such a drastic decision, so you guys must really be out of sorts.
Can I please offer you some sales advice on your home, having been in the loop too many times over recent years, we have learnt a lot mostly the hard way, though not intentionally.
You say you are marketing 5K under book price for a quick sale, hopefully.
Well this means nothing to potential "punters" these days as they will always offer well under the asking price, unless there is a queue of interested parties, having had an "Open Day"set up by an agent.
We have just pulled the plug on an investment property sale and are having to unfortunately re-let, even though that's the last thing we wanted to do (long story)
My advice would be to agree a firm price with an agent, and tell them, under no circumstances, will an offer be accepted below that.
Be prepared for some very imaginative sob stories from punters, even down valuations from, valuation surveyors that listen to the doom & gloom of the Mark Carney (BOE Chairman)speeches.
Our best wishes are with you, and hope that you get an offer soon.
Do not accept any offer, until the valuation/mortgage surveyor has been instructed and a date is arranged, as that proves the buyers have met the lending criteria of their lenders conditions, and have passed all income verification checks.

Les (Retired IFA, Mortgage Broker)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve been looking at property and the longlense trick is a night mare what looke#s like a huge expanse of parking when you check it on streetview can barely hold a small car

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
For that price they would probably get a cash buyer so no need for valuation /Mortgage surveyor.
How do you keep your brick driveway weed free is what I would like to know :eek:

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
For that price they would probably get a cash buyer so no need for valuation /Mortgage surveyor.
How do you keep your brick driveway weed free is what I would like to know :eek:
We have a company called Green thumb come and weed kill 3 times a year.

Seems a bit drastic unless you were thinking of moving anyway ?

It was always the plan when the dog went.
We both don't want children and haven't the time for another dog.
So with all that and getting the mh and getting away most weekends we want something smaller with no gardens to maintain.
We have seen this
I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it: <Broken link removed>

Weve instructed the estate agents no offers will be accepted below the 115000.

Got one viewing booked for tonight.
One thing that will help is the lady who's coming tonight is a first time buyer so no chain her end.
The couple who own the apartment we like are willing to move back with their parents to help the sale if their place.
If push comes to shove Kate and I will go and live in the mh for a couple of weeks.
Fingers crossed exciting times ahead.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009

So with all that and getting the mh and getting away most weekends we want something smaller with no gardens to maintain.
We have seen this
I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it: <Broken link removed>

One thing that will help is the lady who's coming tonight is a first time buyer so no chain her end.
The couple who own the apartment we like are willing to move back with their parents to help the sale if their place.
If push comes to shove Kate and I will go and live in the mh for a couple of weeks.
The new property has been removed by the agent. :(
Good luck with the viewing

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
The new property has been removed by the agent. :(
Good luck with the viewing
Yes we know:whistle:

Tbf their agent was shocking.
They've been on the market 5 months 2 viewings which one cancelled and the agents never let them know.
Weve heard nothing from their agents asking how the viewing went or asking for feed back.
Think they are trying to save a few quid.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Good luck Paul & Kate... (My adopted Son & Daughter .. :D)

Lovely looking and well kept house, should sell quickly...

I think I know what you are going for (On the quiet.. :wink:)..

<Broken link removed>

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well after losing our dog a few weeks ago the house just doesn't feel the same so we have decided to move on.
So thought I may as well put a link on here as it may be of interest to someone.
I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it:
Your place will be snatched up,a lot of property for the price.Good luck with the sale & best wishes for your new adventure.(y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Paul and Kate I think it may be £10k overpriced.

Properties sold nearby

• 29 Sep 201837 Moorefields View, ST6£79,000
  • 04 May 201827 Moorefields View, ST6£126,000
  • 23 Mar 201849 Moorefields View, ST6£78,750

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
@Paul and Kate that flat will be leasehold, just look very carefully at the lease terms and length, some are quite onerous :confused:
And the service charge. Sometimes you could keep your existing property (with all that parking)and pay someone to do gardening for what you would pay in service charges on a flat.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

We have seen this

So sorry you struggling over the loss of your little one ... I hope you find happiness in your new move and proposed lifestyle ... The flat looks like it can be made really nice very easily. Again, the problem I have is that even flats where I desperately need to move to would cost around £200 thousand .. and much smaller than that one. :( I am too old to take out a mortgage for the difference I need.

Up until now I have never realised the full differenxe between N and S ...

You have received some brilliant advice above .. @big map really knows her stuff. She helped me out on another matter when I was at the end of my tether.

Sorry this message is so long but you are so sad at the moment that it would be easy to lose money and then have regrets in the future. Biggest of hugs you two lovely people .. .. I mean that ..

Go through every option you can. X

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Paul and Kate Will you have to put your motorhome into storage as there is only one allocated parking space? If so as @Rapphil has suggested above the storage cost and service charges might be more than employing someone to keep on top of the gardening (you might even be able to have a cleaner and someone to do the ironing too :D a nice little bonus)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
@Paul and Kate I think it may be £10k overpriced.

Properties sold nearby

• 29 Sep 201837 Moorefields View, ST6£79,000
  • 04 May 201827 Moorefields View, ST6£126,000
  • 23 Mar 201849 Moorefields View, ST6£78,750

With due respects.

But did those have the same kerb appeal and were they as tidy as Paul & Kates...????

Priced accordingly in comparison to the three you have listed, which were 5 to 11 months ago in view of property up North is moving... be it slowing down in comparison to the south where it seems to have stagnated and reduced even a little..

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
@Paul and Kate that flat will be leasehold, just look very carefully at the lease terms and length, some are quite onerous :confused:

978 yrs left (y)
Ground rent is 100 per year and service charge is 80 per month .
@Paul and Kate Will you have to put your motorhome into storage as there is only one allocated parking space? If so as @Rapphil has suggested above the storage cost and service charges might be more than employing someone to keep on top of the gardening (you might even be able to have a cleaner and someone to do the ironing too :D a nice little bonus)

The mh is already in storage.
That's a lot cheaper in stoke as well.
Secure compound,24hr security 300 quid.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
With due respects.

But did those have the same kerb appeal and were they as tidy as Paul & Kates...????

Priced accordingly in comparison to the three you have listed, which were 5 to 11 months ago in view of property up North is moving... be it slowing down in comparison to the south where it seems to have stagnated and reduced even a little..
@old-mo I was stating that I thought the property that @Paul and Kate are thinking of purchasing is overpriced. I think the property that they are selling is priced to sell very very quickly.

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
978 yrs left (y)
Ground rent is 100 per year and service charge is 80 per month .

The mh is already in storage.
That's a lot cheaper in stoke as well.
Secure compound,24hr security 300 quid.
A bargain then good luck with the move.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back