Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Friends getting married at Banwell castle next Friday so be rude not to get there early and have a few walks. Leaving here Sunday morning :Smile: stopping at the C&CC priddy for 4 nights, hopefully nice and quite after Easter.
Dave.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Friends getting married at Banwell castle next Friday so be rude not to get there early and have a few walks. Leaving here Sunday morning :Smile: stopping at the C&CC priddy for 4 nights, hopefully nice and quite after Easter.
Dave.

We had a Friday night at Priddy - C&CC Cheddar site - a couple of weeks ago, to 'shake down the van' prior to travelling to Spain next week.

It's less than 20 miles from home, but it was like a world away - very pleasant. Nice sunny afternoon too. Attractive spot, but much quieter than I expected for a weekend evening - think there were perhaps four or five other units there.

Although we'd driven past the site previously, we'd not stayed before.

Anyway, enjoy your trip. :thumb:

Mike

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Dave,
Beware the bottleneck of Banwell itself and the hideous hill out of there towards the castle - you can be stuck there for ages if you take that route to Cheddar. The castle is easy to get to from Cheddar but coming in from J21 the route is bonkers. Better route J22 then A38. If confused drop PM - we only live a few miles from there.
Trikeman.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Thanks for the info, been through there a few times so know where you meen, Friend says the same as you J22 so who am I to disagree with the locals :thumb:.
And thanks mike I take it the night life in Priddy isn't up to much then :Smile:
It's my first time away in the MH also since I lost my wife so bit of a learning curve.
Dave

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thanks for the info, been through there a few times so know where you meen, Friend says the same as you J22 so who am I to disagree with the locals :thumb:.
And thanks mike I take it the night life in Priddy isn't up to much then :Smile:
It's my first time away in the MH also since I lost my wife so bit of a learning curve.
Dave

Hi Dave, I'm sure you don't need reminding that you have many days to come where you'll picture your wife and what she'd be doing were she with you, so do your best to recall the great times you had and smile at every memory.....all the best...... Griff :Smile:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Enjoy the wedding Busman! Can be difficult doing "occasions" where you would usually be accompanied but it does get easier! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Dave

Very sorry to hear about your sad loss. As others have mentioned, it will feel strange to be out in the van on your own for the first time.

There are a couple of pubs not too far from the site I believe, but we didn't venture out.

The wardens were friendly there.

Hope the wedding goes well.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back