Let's get Frankie back on the road (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Will do it tonight or tomorrow morning , when I don't have 3 babies doing silly things in my back while I'm typing....cheeky little monsters. Thanks again Jim for your help. It has taken off my chest quite a weight!!!
Wouldn't normally correct anyone but I know you like to get it right. You may 'get it off your chest' by sharing a problem, but it is 'a weight off your shoulders' to resolve it.
Cheers

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Wouldn't normally correct anyone but I know you like to get it right. You may 'get it off your chest' by sharing a problem, but it is 'a weight off your shoulders' to resolve it.
Cheers
OK will try to remember that one..... it might takes some time, and a few more corrections, or not ... as it's the same in French! ;) :blush: Why make it simple when you can make it complicated

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
OK will try to remember that one..... it might takes some time, and a few more corrections, or not ... as it's the same in French! ;) :blush: Why make it simple when you can make it complicated
English is crazy. There're saying in some parts of the UK never used anywhere else

Call someone duck and its a sign of effecting

Change the u to an I and its an insult but is often used in a familiar and jokey way.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Well... yes... and I forgot to say why I have a constant sore left arm .... Tennis elbow with carrying babies and opening the gate. Injection didn't help much. It has been ok for a month , that's all. I now have a "schell"?? around it!
I do intend to take a trip round England. But right now, I think I'll do it in my Kangoo. I don't feel like using small roads... and on the left. So I will leave Max in a safe place like at my sister's, and as my Kangoo is a small Max. I will probaly feel at ease in it. When I will be unemployed I will probably try to improve it all and send pics. Thing is I want to be able to have it as a car as well for when I take my grand children. So everything must be removable easily and quickly. My worst worry then will be ... do I take a beach umbrella... or just an umbrella to put in the center of my table... :p ;)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well... yes... and I forgot to say why I have a constant sore left arm .... Tennis elbow with carrying babies and opening the gate. Injection didn't help much. It has been ok for a month , that's all. I now have a "schell"?? around it!
I do intend to take a trip round England. But right now, I think I'll do it in my Kangoo. I don't feel like using small roads... and on the left. So I will leave Max in a safe place like at my sister's, and as my Kangoo is a small Max. I will probaly feel at ease in it. When I will be unemployed I will probably try to improve it all and send pics. Thing is I want to be able to have it as a car as well for when I take my grand children. So everything must be removable easily and quickly. My worst worry then will be ... do I take a beach umbrella... or just an umbrella to put in the center of my table... :p ;)
There is always a bed for you in Oxford and also one in London!

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Frankie,
Nous sommes vraiment désolés que vous rencontriez des difficultés en ce moment. Nous avons ajouté au fonds dans l'espoir que vous pourrez soit réparer Max, soit obtenir un modèle plus récent.

Bonne chance et meilleurs vœux de notre part. Bisous et amour.
Steve & Sue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
There's space on our drive if you're over this way.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Frankie,
Nous sommes vraiment désolés que vous rencontriez des difficultés en ce moment. Nous avons ajouté au fonds dans l'espoir que vous pourrez soit réparer Max, soit obtenir un modèle plus récent.

Bonne chance et meilleurs vœux de notre part. Bisous et amour.
Steve & Sue.
Where have you gone you 2? I was thinking of you earlier today, decided to come and surprise you whether it's with Max or the Kangoo! Anyway..... you still didn't make your mind up with "tu" and "vous" !!! I am a "tu"
1)"que tu rencontres des difficultés"
2)dans l'espoir que tu puisses (subjonctif présent ici)

Once teacher... always teacher!!! :love: :love: :love: (y);)

I know , I know you feel easier with vous.... And I'm the opposite! But not angry at all by all means!!

Last edited:

davidroxburgh

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 16, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Frankie we have never met but I have watched the many occasions on which you have so freely helped Funsters most of whom you have never met. We do travel to France and one day may have the opportunity to meet you.
Meanwhile I do hope you can overcome the problems with Max and we are very happy to have been a very small part of that. David & Penny

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I just came back from the garage to have a diagnosis and have seen the man in charge of the body.

He said.... hummm the controler lied so you are able to drive it to a garage, he should have said "critical state" and said instead "major damage" BUT it is in a real critical state.
So he took pics, and then we went to his office , and he showed me the pics and said right: this is what we are going to do.... and he explained it all. Long story short.... "it will be nicely done, and you will be able to drive it for about 5 years after the work we'll do on it". Then, he said "But now you must be aware that the underbody is also in a very bad state. I will make a quote for that as well , and you'll tell me if you can do it."

Max is back home with me. And now it's going to be waiting time until he sends the quote! But at least , I now know he's going to do it!!!:clap2::cheers:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I just came back from the garage to have a diagnosis and have seen the man in charge of the body.

He said.... hummm the controler lied so you are able to drive it to a garage, he should have said "critical state" and said instead "major damage" BUT it is in a real critical state.
So he took pics, and then we went to his office , and he showed me the pics and said right: this is what we are going to do.... and he explained it all. Long story short.... "it will be nicely done, and you will be able to drive it for about 5 years after the work we'll do on it". Then, he said "But now you must be aware that the underbody is also in a very bad state. I will make a quote for that as well , and you'll tell me if you can do it."

Max is back home with me. And now it's going to be waiting time until he sends the quote! But at least , I now know he's going to do it!!!:clap2::cheers:

That is all positive and good news. It could have been much worse.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007

That's good. Unless you know this guy and absolutely trust him maybe get a second quote from another garage to compare the price.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
That's good. Unless you know this guy and absolutely trust him maybe get a second quote from another garage to compare the price.
It is already the cheapest one. I've seen it on many other web sites where they put price on for similar things. In any case, I have no time to take Max anywhere else, and keep in mind Max is being dangerous on the road , I have to avoid driving him everywhere + Working all the time, he was the only one closing at 7.00. All the others close at 6.00. Stopping my work as a chilminder at 6.00 he is my best option. I can tell you that the parents don't want me to take days off or even hours off at the moment as they also need to find a childminder... very difficult at this time of year. I don't know him but the people who take care of the habitation work with him. I have also read the comments and they are all very good.

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
You are always quick to help Frankie, glad to help a little back to you.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Frankie is a cherished MotorhomeFun member and a beacon of support for our community, especially for those venturing from the UK to France. Frankie has been our go-to French friend, bridging language barriers, going the extra mile for Funsters in trouble.

But now, Frankie needs our help. Frankie has hit a bump in the road. Her own motorhome, her companion on countless adventures requires significant repairs. The cost is substantial, and for Frankie, it's a hurdle that at the moment is a little high.

Please show that Funster spirit and let's get Frankie back on the road.

Best of luck Frankie. You made our first solo trip to France so relaxing.
Knowing you were on the end of a phone if we needed you made a lot of difference. Luckily we didn't and had a wonderful holiday. That was a few years ago and we've returned every year since(except during Covid) and absolutely love our time in France. All our best wishes for the future lovely lady.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Where have you gone you 2? I was thinking of you earlier today, decided to come and surprise you whether it's with Max or the Kangoo! Anyway..... you still didn't make your mind up with "tu" and "vous" !!! I am a "tu"

I know , I know you feel easier with vous.... And I'm the opposite! But not angry at all by all means!!

Désolé pour la réponse lente. Nous sommes en Espagne en ce moment pour retrouver notre famille. On semble ne jamais avoir beaucoup de temps avec cette retraite 😆😆 On oublie toujours les 'tu'..🥴. Nous espérons que tu (je l'ai compris cette fois !) pourrez remettre Max en état de rouler. Gardez la tête haute et prenez soin de vous.😘😘

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back