Let's get Frankie back on the road (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I just came back from the garage to have a diagnosis and have seen the man in charge of the body.

He said.... hummm the controler lied so you are able to drive it to a garage, he should have said "critical state" and said instead "major damage" BUT it is in a real critical state.
So he took pics, and then we went to his office , and he showed me the pics and said right: this is what we are going to do.... and he explained it all. Long story short.... "it will be nicely done, and you will be able to drive it for about 5 years after the work we'll do on it". Then, he said "But now you must be aware that the underbody is also in a very bad state. I will make a quote for that as well , and you'll tell me if you can do it."

Max is back home with me. And now it's going to be waiting time until he sends the quote! But at least , I now know he's going to do it!!!:clap2::cheers:
Good to hear and I hope that the quotation is also acceptable.

Gyro

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autosleep KemertonXL
Exp
since 2003
Frankie is a cherished MotorhomeFun member and a beacon of support for our community, especially for those venturing from the UK to France. Frankie has been our go-to French friend, bridging language barriers, going the extra mile for Funsters in trouble.

But now, Frankie needs our help. Frankie has hit a bump in the road. Her own motorhome, her companion on countless adventures requires significant repairs. The cost is substantial, and for Frankie, it's a hurdle that at the moment is a little high.

Please show that Funster spirit and let's get Frankie back on the road.

👍 sorted😊. It’s totting up nicely well done everyone.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Frankie is a cherished MotorhomeFun member and a beacon of support for our community, especially for those venturing from the UK to France. Frankie has been our go-to French friend, bridging language barriers, going the extra mile for Funsters in trouble.

But now, Frankie needs our help. Frankie has hit a bump in the road. Her own motorhome, her companion on countless adventures requires significant repairs. The cost is substantial, and for Frankie, it's a hurdle that at the moment is a little high.

Please show that Funster spirit and let's get Frankie back on the road.

Hi

Where can we go to see the progress of this campaign please?

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Done. I think what Frankie does is absolutely amazing. Wonderful lady.

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Done, Frankie, may your future be bright, the way you have brightened the lives of many Funsters.

Jun 7, 2022
Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Happy to help. I've read many threads concerning the wonderful help Frankie has given people in need and the amazing response to this post has brought tears to my eyes.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Désolé pour la réponse lente. Nous sommes en Espagne en ce moment pour retrouver notre famille. On semble ne jamais avoir beaucoup de temps avec cette retraite 😆😆 On oublie toujours les 'tu'..🥴. Nous espérons que tu (je l'ai compris cette fois !) pourras remettre Max en état de rouler. Gardes la tête haute et prends soin de toi.😘😘

Errrr.... Es lo mismo qué en español , verb changes too !!! lol
qué quieres = que veux TU , y qué quiere USTED Que voulez vous
with of course interrogation marks before( upside down) and after

But main thing is.... I did get it all :love:;)

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Done 👍

We have never met but you have always supported people in need, so a little bit of help for you. I hope you and Max are soon sorted

Regards

Trevor

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
the amazing response to this post has brought tears to my eyes.
Gosh ... luckily you can't see me filling up buckets! I never ever thought for half a second that a post telling you that to me too... shit happens, and was in need of strong arms to help me moving , would end like this! And even less when first time I looked on internet for such a forum with this google search "retired people with motorhomes forums" just because I wanted to refresh my skills in English: First line, first click .... and here I am after some 16 years later, with this huge kind family!!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hey gang!

Do you think we should check with Frankie that she will have space to park Max II when we're done?:unsure:

1712142792815.png

ps should we also tell her, naw we're no getting the car as well?:unsure:

And I always thought that FAA stood for Federal Aviation Authority but it's really Funsters Are Amazing!:notworthy2:

Somebody else's turn to keep thread at the top!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back