Is this as good as it seems? EU roaming included. (3 Viewers)

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Anyone used the sims in USA? More fool me I gave them another chance and got them to send me a replacement sim which worked fine in Europe last month. Also worked fine at home yesterday but am now in the US and it’s not even picking up any network 😤

I’ve tried the ‘everywhere’ and ‘ion.otm’ APN but no good.

Have emailed customer support but going by last time I had problems abroad I’ll be waiting for any action.
You haven't said what SIM you have?

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Try

nowmobilenet

Just that as the APN.

It was one they sent me when I had problems.

John

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Lenny and other RWG users, have you decided what to do about your Plusnet mobile sim as they are closing their mobile business. I have Plusnet and wonder if the RWG is a good replacement for mobile home and Europe. Just need about 20 G per month.
Thanks
Chris
Hi i contacted plusnet and said whats the offer for plusnet customers and got free everthing and 125 gig per month for £15 pm..so i took it as its monthly with no fixed contract ..paid the 15.00 roaming fee and it worked fine in France...

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Anyone used the sims in USA? More fool me I gave them another chance and got them to send me a replacement sim which worked fine in Europe last month. Also worked fine at home yesterday but am now in the US and it’s not even picking up any network 😤

I’ve tried the ‘everywhere’ and ‘ion.otm’ APN but no good.

Have emailed customer support but going by last time I had problems abroad I’ll be waiting for any action.
Used for a month in Canada and US, also UK. Global SIM 200gb data only in a mifi. This was May this year, since arriving back they have sent me a new SIM, we have not used this abroad works fine in UK.

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Try

nowmobilenet

Just that as the APN.

It was one they sent me when I had problems.

John
Thanks John. I ended up buying two local (T-Mobile) Sims as there are 5 of us and couldn’t manage without it.
Have asked RWG for a refund and won’t be trying them again.

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks John. I ended up buying two local (T-Mobile) Sims as there are 5 of us and couldn’t manage without it.
Have asked RWG for a refund and won’t be trying them again.
good luck with the refund i waited 2 months but after the bank stepped in refunded in 2 days £36 i would have liked to give them a go but there lack of response once the refund started was very poor ,,great when your not looking for refunds 😢

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
good luck with the refund i waited 2 months but after the bank stepped in refunded in 2 days £36 i would have liked to give them a go but there lack of response once the refund started was very poor ,,great when your not looking for refunds 😢
I had it with them after my April debacle when the card didn’t work in France. When I told them I was contacting the bank they managed to get it done.

It’s great when it works, as it has done for many folk. But when it doesn’t….

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Whilst I had a decent service from CWG, I'm not sure I"d want to use them again, due the amount of uncertainty being voiced. :(

I could certainly have done with that Starlink setup over the weekend, when 22,000 spectators at RIAT were all on a mobile signal. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

These Big Adventures

Free Member
Aug 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
sunliving A75
Exp
Newb
Would someone be kind enough to share any APN details for the GLOBAL SIM please? We crossed into Montenegro a couple of days ago and it stopped working. Have emailed RWG numerous times without response. These were the details that had been working fine until we left Croatia. TIA.

Name: EE Internet
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Would someone be kind enough to share any APN details for the GLOBAL SIM please? We crossed into Montenegro a couple of days ago and it stopped working. Have emailed RWG numerous times without response. These were the details that had been working fine until we left Croatia. TIA.

These are the details I used in my Global Sim, but that was France....

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Try, ion.otm and try, nowmobilenet

No password for either. 👍

js

Free Member
Jul 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Self

I have 2 global sims, 5yr data for my tracker, and 100gb data.
The 5yr sim stopped working after a week in the UK and the 100gb never worked.
I got 2 new sims sent to a friend, and activated them in Croatia.

So..
Croatia - all good
Bosnia - both sims failed to even register on the networks
Montenegro - all good
Albania - worked in western Albania, but not in the east. Would show a 4g connection but no data.
Kosovo - both failed to work
N Macedonia - both failed to work, again 4g connection, no data.
Greece - all goods and
Italy - 5yr sim ok, switched to non global 100gb, ok

Same apn as you. I think that if the apn is correct, then you will see a 4g symbol, and the problem will be somewhere else.

RWG support are dreadful. If they do respond, the only thing they suggest is a reboot. They do not seem to have the capability or even the will to sort out the issues with the global product.

These Big Adventures

Free Member
Aug 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
sunliving A75
Exp
Newb
To be fair RWG did eventually get back to me and apparently it was something to do with their Montenegro mobile partner. Whatever they did it's working again. We're in the mountains at the moment and apart from one area of bad reception so far so good. Albania is next so fingers crossed!

Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
It's a very long thread, so as far as I know if you want a RWG SIM for router and roaming across Europe you will need Data Global SIM at £28 for 200gb.

Reply from RWG today:

"You would need the Global SIM in order to use the SIM whilst in the EU and Internationally. The EE and Vodafone SIMS don't include EU roaming unfortunately.

You can cancel and restart your plan at anytime."

Phil Spectrum

Free Member
Feb 2, 2023
Newcastle upon TOON
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 2019
Yes, you can, well at least you can on my RUT995 and I would suspect you can on the other Teltonika routers.
Just bought a RUT995. Can I just put any phone SIM I'm, or does it have to be data only SIM.
I believe I need to start using a SIM in a UK based mobile phone to activate iPlayer etc prior to roaming.
Do I need to tweak any of the advanced settings?
Thanks

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Just bought a RUT995. Can I just put any phone SIM I'm, or does it have to be data only SIM.
I believe I need to start using a SIM in a UK based mobile phone to activate iPlayer etc prior to roaming.
Do I need to tweak any of the advanced settings?
Thanks

Our RWG sim needed to be activated in the UK before we set off over the channel but our 3 PAYG sims did not.

I loaded a VPN with a UK server onto our RUT955 which solves the likes of iPlayer.

The RUT995 will run just fine on the basic configuration via the setup wizard.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
I phoned EE on my upgrade date recently and now have 3 sims, 2 phones and a 4g router with about 250gb in total. I can gift data to the other 2 and all 3 sims have free EU roaming. All for £44 a month. I thought that was good . I did threaten to look elsewhere if I didn't get EU roaming. I previously had 2 sims for £53. You have to phone the upgrade people as other agents don't seem to have the power to give free EU roaming.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Hi, to be clear do you mean in all Europe or all EU?
Things have changed since I posted this. Yes it is all Europe including Switzerland and Leichtenstein when we were there last week. But then I got word from Talkmobile that they were changing my terms. 70gb and only £9.99 and use of my allowance in Europe. I checked the t&Cs and found that they have slapped on a fair usage cap of 15gb.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I phoned EE on my upgrade date recently and now have 3 sims, 2 phones and a 4g router with about 250gb in total. I can gift data to the other 2 and all 3 sims have free EU roaming. All for £44 a month. I thought that was good . I did threaten to look elsewhere if I didn't get EU roaming. I previously had 2 sims for £53. You have to phone the upgrade people as other agents don't seem to have the power to give free EU roaming.
But are they not all limited to 25GB each in EU? And are they not restricted so as you cannot use over use in the EU (i.e. they charge you if you stay in the EU longer than UK)?

I have Vodafone and they have these limitations, hence no good if on the continent touring for 4, 5 or 6 months at a time (Irish passport)

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Had an RWG 200gb mobile sim last year (having same later this year), you have to have it working in UK 1st then you are fine, no issues in France, Spain and Portugal, installed it in my ZST router and ran like a dream, only thing I forgot was once its in the router data is being used not just when you connect to a device.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
But are they not all limited to 25GB each in EU? And are they not restricted so as you cannot use over use in the EU (i.e. they charge you if you stay in the EU longer than UK)?

I have Vodafone and they have these limitations, hence no good if on the continent touring for 4, 5 or 6 months at a time (Irish passport)
Not that I know of but I will have to double check that. I did see a 25gb limit but that was related to buying EU roaming as an add on.

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Sorry guy's what was the verdict on the RWG Mifi as we off to Europe 12th Sept and desperately trying to find a monthly data sim to use for 3 weeks only ! We not big streamer's just need a good internet connection in France, Italy and Spain 🙏

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It's a very long thread, so as far as I know if you want a RWG SIM for router and roaming across Europe you will need Data Global SIM at £28 for 200gb.

Reply from RWG today:

"You would need the Global SIM in order to use the SIM whilst in the EU and Internationally. The EE and Vodafone SIMS don't include EU roaming unfortunately.

You can cancel and restart your plan at anytime."
I used a phone 200gb sim in my router in France with no problem.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sorry guy's what was the verdict on the RWG Mifi as we off to Europe 12th Sept and desperately trying to find a monthly data sim to use for 3 weeks only ! We not big streamer's just need a good internet connection in France, Italy and Spain 🙏
i think you will be fine with a phone sim from my experience earlier this year in France, used mine in a Huawei B535 router

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Same as Manic above, been using 2 phone sims, one in mobile, one in Huawei router whilst in France for past 5 weeks with no issues. Been in the North, East and now on the West Coast.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We used the RWG 200gb 'big data' phone sim in June / July in France and UK. It was just about OK - but speeds were generally very slow and we occasionally had to resort to tethering to our iPhones instead.

We used it in the Huawei mifi with 4g aerial on roof (Motorhome Wifi set up) and it connected to EE in the UK and Bouygues in France on auto connect. It never changed and I confess to chickening out at the prospect of searching for other providers 😳.

We use it generally for surfing and emails - we don't stream TV.

I will hold on to this for our next trip to Scotland as I believe EE is the best option up there and its cheap enough but plan to return to Tiekom in time for our next trip to Europe in the New Year 😁.

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
We used it on our 6 week trip to France in June and July. We were impressed ( we did only travel as far south as the Dordogne). Had great connection at times when our phones did not. We used it with our Huawei wifi. We did on occasion use the search provider function.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back