Lenny's Looking for Some Sunshine (4 Viewers)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Was looking good started up no errors gearbox working fine.
And then it all went downhill, there is a very steep slope out of the car park about 150 to 200 yds back comes the Traction control problem we have had before. Standing on the spot engine fighting the traction control burning rubber getting nowhere.
After a few restarts managed to scrabble up the hill juddering and burning rubber engine screaming with my foot to the floor. Once it's on the flat it's fine. But not my nerves.

Since the brake fluid was changed a year ago it has been faultless until yesterday.

This is my original thread about the problem.
Someone on that thread said they had problems with traction control when the tread depth wasn't equal on both wheels on the same axle.

Now before I left I did put the new spare on the front but the fronts had only done 7000 and both sides were acting the same so I don't think that's the reason.
When it originally did it the van had done 21k and I changed the tyres round at 10k & 20k so the wear would have been even.

Last time I took it to a well recommended Fiat Professional dealer shortcut to the result.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...mformatic-problems.205323/page-2#post-3631105
Can you not turn off the traction control?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Better put your order in quick, they might deliver before 2025😇

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can you not turn off the traction control?
If there is a possibility it could be the brake light switch have a look at the brake pedal to see where the switch presses. then add something to the pedal to make the pedal push the switch farther up. A small piece of plastic held on with tape would do to rule it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Given the stress levels (sounds horrendous) I'm gonna say you had two bottles of pink stuff and that the bill was €37.20
Not a bad effort only had one bottle of the pink stuff but I drunk most of it.
IMG_20220427_210954.jpg

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
If there is a possibility it could be the brake light switch have a look at the brake pedal to see where the switch presses. then add something to the pedal to make the pedal push the switch farther up. A small piece of plastic held on with tape would do to rule it out.
Traction control is perminantly with x290's that have traction plus. Brake light switch is linked to sorts of electronics on these modern engines.
It probably won't go wrong again for another year I reckon its a software/firmware problem.

Reactions: Les
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Took the tram to Benidorm today, jesus what an awful place.
No culture or character even the old town was naff. Just shops bars & restaurants, uncouthed Brit northerners everywhere it was cold 18° and light rain and they are all dressed in shorts and tee shirts, glad I'm a souther softie.
Appeared to be more northerners than Spaniards.
How on earth could anyone spend a winter there, must be mad.
We did find one quite nice bar by the beach where we had a coffee and they played decent music, Santana/Stevie Nicks/U2/Bob Martley etc.

1040837_copy_1280x960.jpg
1040838_copy_1280x960.jpg
1040839_copy_1280x960.jpg
1040836_copy_1280x960.jpg
1040844_copy_1280x960.jpg

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Bearing in mind we are on mountain roads with lots of steep hills so I'm not in the best state of mind..
2 miles down the road the road is barricaded and closed with no prior warning.
It's a single carriageway road with armco on one side a bank on the other, and we are on hill.
How the feck are we supposed to turn round. Luckily there is a track on our right but its very steep, I put the suspension on high and did a twenty point turn. Except Mijhan is watching the back but while she is watching one side the other side grounds out. Not too bad scraped a garage floor support (not the first time) it's GRP so easy repair and skuffed the bottom of the rear light housing.
Managed to turn round but complete bag of nerves now.

Best motorhome we ever had.

Went anywhere, even in deep snow, Norway -27c in winter.

Only thing that let it down was the robotised gearbox, SprintShift (SprintShit)
577909DC-BB7B-41D0-85E5-B20417817A96.jpeg

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Was looking good started up no errors gearbox working fine.
And then it all went downhill, there is a very steep slope out of the car park about 150 to 200 yds back comes the Traction control problem we have had before. Standing on the spot engine fighting the traction control burning rubber getting nowhere.
After a few restarts managed to scrabble up the hill juddering and burning rubber engine screaming with my foot to the floor. Once it's on the flat it's fine. But not my nerves.

Since the brake fluid was changed a year ago it has been faultless until yesterday.

This is my original thread about the problem.
Someone on that thread said they had problems with traction control when the tread depth wasn't equal on both wheels on the same axle.

Now before I left I did put the new spare on the front but the fronts had only done 7000 and both sides were acting the same so I don't think that's the reason.
When it originally did it the van had done 21k and I changed the tyres round at 10k & 20k so the wear would have been even.

Last time I took it to a well recommended Fiat Professional dealer shortcut to the result.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...mformatic-problems.205323/page-2#post-3631105
Reverse up ?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Took the tram to Benidorm today, jesus what an awful place.
No culture or character even the old town was naff. Just shops bars & restaurants, uncouthed Brit northerners everywhere it was cold 18° and light rain and they are all dressed in shorts and tee shirts, glad I'm a souther softie.
Appeared to be more northerners than Spaniards.
How on earth could anyone spend a winter there, must be mad.
We did find one quite nice bar by the beach where we had a coffee and they played decent music, Santana/Stevie Nicks/U2/Bob Martley etc.

View attachment 611503View attachment 611504View attachment 611505View attachment 611506View attachment 611502
Are you trying to make friends with everyone up north ? North is above Watford lol😇😆

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hey Lenny HB. Just where are you that you can go paddle boarding and so on, in brilliant sunshine at coming up to bed time?

Look at the time on the photos for Post#557.

j

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hey Lenny HB. Just where are you that you can go paddle boarding and so on, in brilliant sunshine at coming up to bed time?

Look at the time on the photos for Post#557.

j
That's the time the photo was loaded to the forum, silly boy.

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
dressed in shorts and tee shirts
You were lucky. When we made a brief visit it was much less. The southerner offering us drugs in the street made us want to leave immediately. Much better class of clothed northerners here in L'estartit.........ooh! that must be us.

Hope the gearbox doesn't give you any more grief.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Come to France Lenny ... yesterday was stonking at Sanguinet, it was lovely and warm - I even got the kayak out for a couple of hours in the afternoon before I started to be cooked! Little Minky had a maiden trip in it which surprisingly she didn't bat an eyelid at, in fact at one point I had all three pooches in it. 😄

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Come to France Lenny ... yesterday was stonking at Sanguinet, it was lovely and warm - I even got the kayak out for a couple of hours in the afternoon before I started to be cooked! Little Minky had a maiden trip in it which surprisingly she didn't bat an eyelid at, in fact at one point I had all three pooches in it. 😄
I thought you were ill for a moment then I noticed one of the Aires is free until May. :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I thought you were ill for a moment then I noticed one of the Aires is free until May. :LOL:
😊 According to a French chap who visited us this morning apparently the other one is also free until May, however I think he's got that wrong as I know it had a notice saying it was chargeable from April when we were there a few weeks ago.

We're not there now as we travelled to Bourg (yes it's free 😄) and spent a few hours this afternoon sitting about under the shade of the awning as it was too hot in the sunshine. 😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back