The most Useless purchase for a MoHo (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
A gift of a folding bucket nine years ago and an oyster opening knife - haven't used either of them.
I remember coming to the rescue of a chap who’d cut his hand really badly trying to open oysters with an ordinary knife on a Eurocamp holiday when the children were small. My first aid kit was even more extensive in those days! It stuck in mind because they were Jewish, I did question the oysters, he said he sometimes cheated on holidays much to the disgust of his strictly Kosher wife. I doubt he did again as she barely spoke to him for days!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I would guarantee an awful lot of money has been spent at shows for the must have stuff and is not used

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I remember coming to the rescue of a chap who’d cut his hand really badly trying to open oysters with an ordinary knife on a Eurocamp holiday when the children were small. My first aid kit was even more extensive in those days! It stuck in mind because they were Jewish, I did question the oysters, he said he sometimes cheated on holidays much to the disgust of his strictly Kosher wife. I doubt he did again as she barely spoke to him for days!
I take my Mrs for those occasions.

My son once got hayfever bad one year and she gave him some medicine he was about 10 at the time... Adult dose he didn't wake up till mid day the next day!

Another occasion a lady fell off a coach in Combe Martin and Mrs patched her up she waited with the lady 4 hrs before ambulance came... She's ok with a Dr no urgency! Not even a an ice-cream for the kids as thank you🤣🤣🤣

Finally a cyclist comes off nr golden acre park Leeds 3drs and 2 nurses in the cars that pulled up!!!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

So it was worth a cut!

Maybe he just wanted to chat you up Carolyn.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Water wings. Every time we stayed in the van we had torrential rain. Sold the van water wings in the garage 😂😂

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
ive never bought a hab service but if i had that would be the biggest waste of money
I bought a damp meter and do my own, I fill out a gas report and an electrical report I do a full damp check and complete a form for that as well. I do this in case I have an insurance claim for total loss. My ACS expires this year but I will still do it myself next year I'll just delete the ACS bit from my forms and hope nobody notices. 😉

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The TV. Complete waste of money. We don’t watch much TV at home so why we thought we would watch whilst away I really don’t know. I certainly don’t go away to sit watching what was known on my first fire station as the idiots lantern. So yeah absolute waste of money.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Bought a couple of windbreaks over the years, never used so ditched each one again!
Charcoal BBQ, messy to carry/use and messy to carry the charcoal!
Folding bicycle, too bulky and then got a toad so bike redundant!

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The TV. Complete waste of money. We don’t watch much TV at home so why we thought we would watch whilst away I really don’t know. I certainly don’t go away to sit watching what was known on my first fire station as the idiots lantern. So yeah absolute waste of money.

I bought a TV when I had the MH in UK and solo, I used it for watching terrestial TV, mainly news and current affairs.

Since I got together with Basia 11 years ago and we now tour the Continent mostly, we have never used it.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Your thought process confused me too. We have a TV on the boat but only turn it on when needed, but would not consider it a waste of money; they're cheap as chips. If and when our van arrives we will still have one and use it on the same basis.
In fact now I come to think of it every operational firestation I ever visited had the latest idiot lantern front and center!:rolleyes:

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I bought a bottle stopper. Not used it once.

Congratulations!

I only put ours in to fool the OH into thinking I am not going to finish the bottle after She has gone to bed.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Bedding, should of asked for advice, before getting sleeping bags, then duvets!
Daughter was happy as she got them, we opted for duvalay in the end :roflmto:

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Bedding, should of asked for advice, before getting sleeping bags, then duvets!
Daughter was happy as she got them, we opted for duvalay in the end :roflmto:

We have had fitted sheets and duvets from the start - just like home, same king-size, so interchangeable. And proper down pillows.

That is why it is called a motorhome

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Folding drainer it has holes in the bottom!

No use for me without a drainer!!
I don't have a draining board either but have a collapsible drainer which sits on a tray placed on top of the hob lids. Beauty of this means I don't have to dry the pots to use the hob as I can just lift the tray with the drainer on out of the way and put it on the sink side.

In this regard the item purchased and never used has been the cloth draining mat to go under the collapsible drainer as it became obvious that I couldn't then move it all out of the way, hence the use of a tray.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can 'beat' the slow cooker brigade!😄 Our Ecopot which we've used a few times works a treat with only a bit of cooking/heat initially then no further need for any form of power to cook the contents.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Mine is a microwave. As my wife told me not to bother. 5 years never used it. Sitting in a cupboard . Still in its box.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back