The most Useless purchase for a MoHo (5 Viewers)

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Alloy wheels! We bought our "dealer-specced" motorhome with alloy wheels which were already on it. These cost stupid money and do exactly the same job as the original steel wheels. We were losing the will to live at the time after travelling the length and breadth of the country to find the right van so just couldn't be bothered arguing. Why do you need alloy wheels on a motorhome? It's not a pretty thing and it's hardly going to affect the handling or performance!
Agreed. We insisted our dealer refurbish/replace the alloy wheels before purchase as they looked scruffy.

Five years later we had to get them done again, and that cost £500. One year on, and they are already looking secondhand. I think you can only diamond-cut alloy wheels two or three times.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Will need to come back and read all later. Use a draining mat to stop the cooker lid from rattling, may even have used it as a draining mat a few times remoska cadac used every trip folding bucket too. Wind breaks not a waste of money as they were left behind at a festival but a waste of space drive away awning have never driven away yet but the tunnel makes a good wet weather kitchen and awning is used as sleeping accommodation when we take the grandchildren away. We also take it away if we are stsying on one place for more than a few days.

Jul 1, 2018
Selsey, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Caravan - Swift Chal
Exp
since 2017
Folding drainer it has holes in the bottom!

No use for me without a drainer!!
No no no, the folding drainer is brilliant. We bought ours with a matching tray that the water drains into. Any tray could be used really. We found it to be very handy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Interesting point about hose length. I just bought my first Cadac this week and it says the hose mustn’t be longer than 1.5 metres and my first thought was (just like you’ve experienced), what about fat splashes. I think I’ll use a ‘generous’ 1.5 metres.
Cadac now sell a 5 metre hose. Go figure!😃

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Cadac now sell a 5 metre hose. Go figure!😃

I believe most of the portable gas bbq manufacturers recommend a hose length of 1.5m, so wonder if it’s more to do with it being a trip hazard than anything else?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Yes true. But what a faff. Much easier to use a quest pop up.
Phil
Can't get 3 camp beds in there though. John takes a heavy bag of electrical stuff/ tools etc which is rarely used, he ditched my small container with bits and pieces, batteries, small screwdrivers, etc, guess which one we needed when we were away. Collapsible collander never used as i carry a steamer and use the pan from that.
A rarely used ridge monkey but that is in dobbie, who has been rarely used as a camper since we got the smaller coachbuilt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back