The most Useless purchase for a MoHo (1 Viewer)

TOT

Feb 7, 2022
UK and Ireland
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Over the years like most folk, we have purchased all manner of STUFF for the MoHo and also like most have items stuffed away that never get used:-
Waste-master​
Folding Bucket​
Trolley​
Folding washbasin​
Washing tub​
3 lots of salt and pepper shakers.. (cus they look pretty she says - no luv you cannot see them in the back of the cupboard says me)​
Emergency FrayBentos - exactly how long do they last?​
Waders....!​
Inflatable sit on ring.​
Hab Service coming up so can leave most of the unused stuff out me thinks - just like we did not the previous - not.

So to top all, last week ordered a new Wok only to find that we had ordered an XL version which barely sits on the burner ring at home let alone the one in the MoHo - it actually falls off...!

.................. what is the most useless item you have bought for your MoHo..?

Deleted User
Luckily the other half can’t see this or she would probably kill me…

We have a 230v slow cooker on board, in case we want to “pop out for the day” but you need to leave it plugged in says me…
I cant even GIVE my slow cooker away. Everyone gives the same reason I want rid of it, I never use it and it takes up too much space.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I bought some 18mm sheet marine plywood to make a horizontal divider across one side of the garage and thus emptied all the crap out of it so that I could chuck all the useless stuff away before putting the regular use stuff back. Good plan.

Shelving made (very pleased with that - gazebo, windbreaks and flagpoles fit nicely underneath as intended) and sorted out the rubbish before putting back the useful stuff - only to find out that an old bit of rope was the only bad bit. Everything else was needed so it all went back. Never gave payload a thought, either, despite adding a few tens of kilos. Heavy stuff, that ply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Over the years like most folk, we have purchased all manner of STUFF for the MoHo and also like most have items stuffed away that never get used:-
Waste-master​
Folding Bucket​
Trolley​
Folding washbasin​
Washing tub​
3 lots of salt and pepper shakers.. (cus they look pretty she says - no luv you cannot see them in the back of the cupboard says me)​
Emergency FrayBentos - exactly how long do they last?​
Waders....!​
Inflatable sit on ring.​
Hab Service coming up so can leave most of the unused stuff out me thinks - just like we did not the previous - not.

So to top all, last week ordered a new Wok only to find that we had ordered an XL version which barely sits on the burner ring at home let alone the one in the MoHo - it actually falls off...!

.................. what is the most useless item you have bought for your MoHo..?
Oooo we used our folding bucket and trolley all the time. We never used our windbreak after the first time

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We found that Wastemasters (and their Fiamma equivalent) were well
in evidence at the Spanish camperstops we stayed at.

They were provided by the 'management' at those places for the long
stayers to empty the grey on a regular basis, without having to move
the van.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I cant even GIVE my slow cooker away. Everyone gives the same reason I want rid of it, I never use it and it takes up too much space.
We love our slow cooker but not taken it away, we only use EHU when it's cold, we don't have enough solar to run a slow cooker and when it's a warm day we would be more likely to have a BBQ.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Emergency FrayBentos - exactly how long do they last?
Indefinitely. Trouble is when that emergency eventually arrives that's when you'll know that indefinitely wasn't infinitely.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
All bought and now sold on or binned or donated....

Cheap "traditional" windbreaks.
Telescopic/Umbrella style folding chairs (they always rip at joints).
Ebay Flagpole (snaps with only one lightweight flag on).
Waste pipe extender (Collapse(?) brand - just fitted loonger pipe to MH waste outlet and tuck it under with a bungee).
Portable camping gas stoves.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a 230v slow cooker on board, in case we want to “pop out for the day” but you need to leave it plugged in says me…

I love the slow cooker we even have two - large and small!
Great for all sorts of evening meals when your at work or busy the rest of the day...

I also love my slow cookers. The one in the van has a max rated wattage of 90W and when we are traveling I run it off a 200W inverter - It fits inside the sink as if they were made for each other! There is also a locker with lift up lid (actually forms one of the steps up to the transverse rear bed) just the right size and I keep pre-portioned bags of rice and pasta, instant mash, bags of herbs and spices and stock cubes etc in the slow cooker in the locker when the slow cooker isn't in use so it doesn't take much space.

I always boil the liquid on the gas before adding to the slow cooker that way I just need the "low" setting. I also use it for baked potatoes (wrap in foil, no liquid need) and have also made cake in it with some success.

What we have but found useless????? A multi-language translator. We also have a microwave which is only of use on EHU and is mostly used to store stuff in. :(

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Use our folding bucket all the time.

Windbreak and trolley never get used.

We bought a, large cadac bbq but wished we bought a smaller one, takes up too much room. Bought a drive away awning but never drive away and only use it once a year, again takes up room when travelling, its great when up but a bit of hassle setting up and taking down.

Even the TV gets less use due to poor programming and more often than not we watch our tablets.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Useless, Mrs Bob's navigation skills.
Hi.
Try this out.....Coming down through France to Portyland mid afternoon sunny........ Jennifer " You are going the wrong way.its the other way." Me . Its three o'clock,which side is the sun on..... Its on the right,we are heading south.." ? " No more directions now,she thinks i am Kin to a GPS Satellite.
BE AWARE....If its cloudy................................ next question....... :ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Folding bucket - I use one pretty frequently for grey water when there's no drive-over dump point. But if the ground is slightly uneven, it spontaneously collapses and chucks the soup all over your feet.

Collapsible draining board - ours has a water collection tray. It works, but you've got to be careful you don't soak yourself in the process. Probably would have been simpler if it didn't have any holes in the bottom at all and the water just collected in the bottom to be tipped out.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Love my slow cooker and remoska which I can use outdoors and microwave. Things which have been a waste of money so far and bought “in case” Double skillet and ridge monkey!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back