Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Set off for Littlehampton this morning and 20 mins into the journey my display disappeared and up popped a page of nearest police stations etc without me touching the device. After a lot of button pressing i got back to my route display but it continued to go to different pages so I switched it off. After a while I tried it again and managed to key in the postcode but it started to play up again and eventually I couldn't get away from the pages it was bring ing up - nearest this that & the other, walking directions to places I've never heard of and a load of stuff about agreeing to map corrections. The voice is still working to tell you where to go but it's got to the stage now where the device is putting digits in the destination and not me. It's ust over a year old and seems to be as much use as the box it came in which I'm not happy about at £180. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long winded explanation.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi there is a reset hole on mine (nr where you sit the base into it ...is a pinhole) I use a unfolded paperclip into it, and hold about 4 or 5 secs i think it was

or i would telephone tomtom helpline, they are very helpful( they taught me the tip about the reset )

hope you get it sorted quickly

Kath

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Thanks. I've reset it but also emailed their tech support. It's behaviour is so weird it's hard to describe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Have you got it linked to your computer. ie "TomTomHome"

If you had, your data & setup would be backed up there. You could then reload your TomTom.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Not dirty as it still has the screen cover on it. I haven't hooked it up to my computer yet but should do for map updates

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

betty swallux

Free Member
Nov 5, 2010
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The STD number for Tom Tom is 020-7387-5444, give them a ring and ask for technical assistance they can usually talk you through a fix if one is possible.

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
I haven't hooked it up to my computer yet but should do for map updates

It might be too late then.

They charge for map updates. Expensive they are too unless you got any free map update package when you bought it. But system updates are free. If you can't get any sense out of it you could always try a system update but as I said it may be too late.:Sad:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
It might be too late then.

They charge for map updates. Expensive they are too unless you got any free map update package when you bought it. But system updates are free. If you can't get any sense out of it you could always try a system update but as I said it may be too late.:Sad:

I think it's just under £20 for 4 map updates + 2 free

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
remove the screen cover and all should be ok if not get a sheet of printer paper and go round the outer edge of the tomtom screen with the corner the paper, sometime dust particals and bits of dirt can cause the same effects

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back