What’s the earliest date we can go away ? (1 Viewer)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I'm not arguing with you.
The Defence of the Realm is firmly the responsibility of the UK Gov. and not the Scottish Parliament regardless of the makeup of the Services or the geographical location of that defence.
Just being light hearted and passing on my experience of the amount of Jocks I served with. (y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Earlier, somebody gave a link to the official information on the Government website:

In relation to 12 April and English holidays, this is what it says:

Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

So does that mean that campsites will not be able to open showers and toilets (because they are shared facilities)? :unsure:

I realise it won't worry many on here, in any case... ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Looks like our Easter plans are out then, we were heading to Brighton. I booked our years worth of trips a few months back so no problems with losing just the one weekend if we get away for the rest of them.

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Earlier, somebody gave a link to the official information on the Government website:

Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

So does that mean that campsites will not be able to open showers and toilets (because they are shared facilities)? :unsure:

Yes

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
This is why it confuses peaple, if welsh sites open then peaple from England and Scotland are going to go to wales to get away and then the welsh are going to moan about the English and Scots coming into wales. Surely we are all the United Kingdom and should all be singing from the same hymn sheet So we all know where we are. :unsure:
I don’t care which campsites open first ,as long as it’s the English ones 😀.

camp sites open ,no facilities.No camper vans

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
A large proportion of the British Army is made up of people north of the border.......England would have to do some serious recruiting to replace them.;)
Don't think so Only 4 regular inf bn and each bn has a company of Gurkhas or Fijians.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

So much is opening on 12th April, such as zoo's, theme parks and pubs outdoors. These places must have toilet facilities therefore why could campsites not have toilet facilities open ?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Take a look in the Corps.....RE’s, REME, Sig’s.......can’t move for them. ;)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Was it you who said on another thread you hunt them? :giggle:
You can hunt the wild ones but in certain secret locations they are being farmed but because if the difficulty of trying to ensure no in breeding in the farmed stock, some live capture is still required to give the blood stock greater diversity.
it is known that in Ayr there are fruity puddin farms who are currently trying to cross breed them with Haggis to create a fruity Haggis something akin to a Christmas Pudding with legs for the Veggie/vegan markets. 🥳

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
You can hunt the wild ones but in certain secret locations they are being farmed but because if the difficulty of trying to ensure no in breeding in the farmed stock, some live capture is still required to give the blood stock greater diversity.
it is known that in Ayr there are fruity puddin farms who are currently trying to cross breed them with Haggis to create a fruity Haggis something akin to a Christmas Pudding with legs for the Veggie/vegan markets. 🥳

I’ve heard there is a variety.......on the border......that could contain English DNA. :whistle:

Only a rumour of course.:giggle:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Do the breeders breed right and left handed haggis? Or do they all run around the mountain the same way?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
So much is opening on 12th April, such as zoo's, theme parks and pubs outdoors. These places must have toilet facilities therefore why could campsites not have toilet facilities open ?
Fair point, I guess...

I was thinking about what happened on a number of campsites last year.

Additionally, last July we went on holiday to Scotland - Dumfries and Galloway. All public toilets were closed because of Covid, even though the holiday industry had officially opened?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Fair point, I guess...

Additionally, last July we went on holiday to Scotland - Dumfries and Galloway. All public toilets were closed because of Covid, even though the holiday industry had officially opened.
Probably just money saving.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Anyone know when the english motorhome dealers can reopen?
I received an email from mine telling me they are preparing to open and will be in touch regarding the couple of small warranty jobs, hopefully all will be open soon.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Fair point, I guess...

Additionally, last July we went on holiday to Scotland - Dumfries and Galloway. All public toilets were closed because of Covid, even though the holiday industry had officially opened?
Shows the intelligence of Local Council Managers..BUSBY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back