What’s the earliest date we can go away ? (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
March 29th they are changing the stay at home law to add recreation so probably that date for non essential leisure trips just not overnight until the 12th of April.

I was also looking at that date.. 29th as the Step program says "Minimise travel - No holidays"
So hoping that means we can at least take the van on short day trips (y) Obviously no overnight stays until after 12th April. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 153056823_5122691471136553_7275727155387028666_n.jpg
    153056823_5122691471136553_7275727155387028666_n.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 21

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I was also looking at that date.. 29th as the Step program says "Minimise travel - No holidays"
So hoping that means we can at least take the van on short day trips (y) Obviously no overnight stays until after 12th April. Fingers crossed.
As I understand, 29 March is the date the 'stay at home' instruction is officially withdrawn.

But with the added GUIDANCE to try to stay local, at that point until 12 April.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Can someone please answer this question:

Am I allowed to take my moho in for a service on Tuesday 9th March,and go back to collect it on the 12th??? The garage is 30 miles away.

Many thanks,I’m confused!
I dont see an issue for this.

But, others might, and one of those others may be a copper who happens to stop you.

What I would be thinking of doing is, emailing the garage and asking specific questions such as.

Can you tell me if you are open for Service ?
Is it OK to bring my motorhome for the planned service on 9th March ?
I plan on picking it up and returning home on 12th March is this OK ?
I wont be sleeping in the motorhome during the intervening period but returning home, is that in order ?
Could you tell me how you get your customers vehicles to your legally opened garage for a service if they dont drive there ?

Thanks in advance, bla bla bla

And then I would have a written copy of their reply, just in case you meet a jobsworth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And it depends on your personal risk assessment,.

Although I am in the shielding group I have not yet been called for my first jag ..... so say I am lucky enough to have the first jag on 1 March (looking unlikely), 12 weeks after that is 24 May for the second dose and 4 weeks after that for full protection which would be 21 June. Shortly after I feel I will be no danger to them nor them to me I will need to spend a couple of weeks at least at my parents to sort stuff out for them. I am hoping (but not expecting) to be able to go somewhere for pleasure this year but probably it will be well into the autumn.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Just had a site we are booked in for late April call me. Ok to stay but facilities closed as they have full timers on site and there will be no using shared facilities until after May 17th😩
We are not fussed about showers but do like a proper loo👍

So they are saying that they have full timers on site now, who are managing without site facilities, but cannot open the facilities until May 17th as they have full timers on site ?

What sort of logic is that ?

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Can someone please answer this question:

Am I allowed to take my moho in for a service on Tuesday 9th March,and go back to collect it on the 12th??? The garage is 30 miles away.

Many thanks,I’m confused!
We phoned the police yesterday to ask and they didn't know! Where we store our van the owner told us that 4 vans were taken out and told by the police to return. Not allowed out.
Also on here a short while ago a couple who were taking theirs for a warranty service were find £200 each for a non-esential journey. It might be different after 29th March when the advice is changing.
It was deemed non-essential because they also had a car so it wasn't their only means of transport.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We are taking the motorhome to stoke on Trent iveco commercial garage on Thursday as we have a amber engine light warning.
Its probably a simple fix.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
So they are saying that they have full timers on site now, who are managing without site facilities, but cannot open the facilities until May 17th as they have full timers on site ?

What sort of logic is that ?
No, the full timers are using the facilities but they can't allow tourists to use them.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Not at all illogical in my opinion.

Facilities are possibly designated to each person.
Then by the same logic each worker in a factory or office should have the sole use of a toilet ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We phoned the police yesterday to ask and they didn't know! Where we store our van the owner told us that 4 vans were taken out and told by the police to return. Not allowed out.
Also on here a short while ago a couple who were taking theirs for a warranty service were find £200 each for a non-esential journey. It might be different after 29th March when the advice is changing.
It was deemed non-essential because they also had a car so it wasn't their only means of transport.
I could understand the 4 vans being told to go home, not allowed out. They probably answered that the reason for taking the van out was not a legitimate reason for example "taking it for a spin" whereas taking it for a service to a garage which is open for servicing seems quite legitimate, to me.

I believe the warranty traveller, was advised their warranty would be extended because of covid, if that is correct then the need to get it done was not necessary in my view.

If I were doing as Podney is intending on doing, and a ticket were given to me, I would have no hesitation at all in contesting it. In fact, knowing what I know, I would insist upon a contemporaneous interview in their PNB and ensuring my reply to caution +2 was written down verbatim and signed by both parties. I doubt the local AJU would be interested in processing the matter through Court. (under the circs outlined). Taking a PLGV to a PLGV service station which is legitimately open for servicing, and having the email showing a due diligence, seems to be a pretty good defence to me.

The ticket is just the view of that Officer, not a fact of your guilt. No doubt when he/she returns to the station and tells his mates he got a right cocky one who insisted on a contemp not inteview and the facts are relayed and questioned by his/her colleagues, the paperwork wont even go in.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Administration of Justice Unit.

I presume your thoughts would be similar to mine ?
Yes. As you say only the officer's interpretation of the laws and those are not at all clear both nationally and locally.

I would certainly have challenged the ticket. Not sure about the PNB bit but that would certainly tie the officer up in knots for a while!

I would maybe ask for the local Superintendent's name and say I was contacting him/her to ask for a complete and accurate ruling on the law.

Clear as mud is this matter of what is essential or legitimate.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Bit different from having a continuous flow of random people using the facilities though? Anything to minimise risk is ok in my view.

Don't forget last summer when campsites were open, the toilet blocks were open with restrictions to comply with CV_19 rules.

Also, from April 12th the following will be open;

Pubs for outside service, restaurants for outside service, zoos, community centres, theme parks. All will have toilets for customers to use.

Would those places not have a continuous flow of random people ?

But those people who want to minimise risk would surely not be taking the risk of going to the above places would they ?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Don't forget last summer when campsites were open, the toilet blocks were open with restrictions to comply with CV_19 rules.

Also, from April 12th the following will be open;

Pubs for outside service, restaurants for outside service, zoos, community centres, theme parks. All will have toilets for customers to use.

Would those places not have a continuous flow of random people ?

But those people who want to minimise risk would surely not be taking the risk of going to the above places would they ?
Well said.

Anyone seen any CMC CCC info?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No, the full timers are using the facilities but they can't allow tourists to use them.
We we’re on a site during the lockdown before Christmas and the shower blocks we’re allocated to each unit, so one unit say 1 or 2 people had the use of the whole of the gents showers and another unit had the use of ladies shower and so on and the site owners hung a bag of cleaning stuff on the door for people to clean the facilities their selves.
We didn’t both as we have our own facility.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
The CMC did it all very well last year. Regular cleaning, wrist bands for entry. That's why we used CMC sites solely last year and have cancelled CCC who closed all theirs that we wanted to book.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I imagine they are still assessing the situation as 12th April is not a definite date set in stone, it's a 'we would like to let things open then but we will let you know how it goes'
Not tried myself but I understand they are taking bookings. We have one end of April.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
CAMC sites seem pretty booked up for weekends and bank holidays but I guess that is normal . I expect the sites to be packed from the 12th onwards ,kids will be on the Easter holidays so the sites will be extremely busy .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back