The Dressing Gown Brigade (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Not used the shower in our van yet. Used the block shower in North Wales as they were superb...........and nobody else in the block, sitting or showering. We did see people walking about in their gowns and PJs, thought it a bit weird.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
D6ABA60A-2A26-4F10-BADD-CF6E18EBA4BB.jpeg
D6ABA60A-2A26-4F10-BADD-CF6E18EBA4BB.jpeg

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We only use the van facilities. A priority for me is a proper separate shower that doesnt need drying, just a daily spray with Mr Muscle.
Obviously with Covid we wouldn't consider using site facilities. We sometimes are paying for facilities we don't use but that happens everywhere. When I was working I often stayed in hotels, which usually had spas,gyms,pools etc which I never used , just a place to eat and sleep

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think a lot of it is down to how much stress it is to clean up afterwards, especially the shower. The interior of some bathroom layouts defies all logic, melamine edging just waiting to get soaked and fall off, more or less the whole area needing to be wiped down dry. I use ours every time as I hate using site facilities but I do have to clean everything down afterwards. I had a strip wash in a bowl outside the van a few weeks back, brilliant, no splashed bathroom to clean up, plus an eye candy treat for the wife :cool:
It must be terribly hard for your wife motorhoming with sight impairment!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
That is the big thing with a few other threads at the moment, on the opposite tack , why do we have to pay for what we don't need or want.?
I think it's like buying a car where the basic spec includes stuff you don't want it's just tough. Theres always the option of going somewhere else.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I very very very rarely use aires or sites (both are the same in my book) but I will never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever use showers that are used by total strangers who frequent aires or sites.

No thank you!

JJ :cool:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No don’t worry Cary.....the dressing gown is fine for the showers, it’s an independent site.

View attachment 425257
I bet Rock Hudson was jealous! :giggle:

I am of the opinion that there is a basic difference in attitude towards this topic depending on the background before motorhoming ie camping (tents) or hotel type holidays.
I am from a camping background, mostly tents and a few caravans, borrowed motorhomes and one campervan, none of which have had what I would call a shower room fit for use so using site facilities is the norm.
If I ever did get a caravan or motorhome with a decent shower room I would still use site facilities unless they were substandard and then I wouldn't be there long.

I look upon the campervan as a mobile bed, cooking facilities and basic toilet, not as a mobile hotel room.
Interesting as we had a similar start but we look upon our MH as being 'self-sufficient' so prefer to use it rather than other facilities.

Quite right,don't use the restaurant either (y)
Ah, but that's because you're too tight! :rofl: [Being a Yorkshire lass I fully understand that mentality! :LOL: ]

O.K. You have convinced me that it is a fashion faux pa.

I will abandon the dressing gown in future and just stick to the crocs.o_O
Er ... I dread to ask this but ... will the crocs be on your feet? :eek:

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
I very very very rarely use aires or sites (both are the same in my book) but I will never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever use showers that are used by total strangers who frequent aires or sites.

No thank you!

JJ :cool:
What, never

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Ooh dear...

I do have to humbly admit to walking the dogs at 6ish in the morning in my dressing gown :crying1:

Only cos SWMBO needs her tea in bed and nature calls first for the mutts.

Hope I'm forgiven and all pictures are subject to copyright !

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ooh dear...

I do have to humbly admit to walking the dogs at 6ish in the morning in my dressing gown :crying1:

Only cos SWMBO needs her tea in bed and nature calls first for the mutts.

Hope I'm forgiven and all pictures are subject to copyright !

I think it's nice to see people relaxed enough to do it. :)... Oh and lucky SWMBO. Good on you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back