The Dressing Gown Brigade (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
On the other hand why would you bother getting dressed for a cold or wet walk across a field and then get undressed in the usually cold verruca infested shower and get dressed again to walk back in the cold or wet. Much quicker easier and more pleasant to just take off our pyjamas in our warm motorhome, step into our warm clean shower that nobody but us has used, do the business them step out again towel dry and get dressed in your day clothes. And no, we do not use site toilets either.

And all of that is even more important when you consider the times we are living in. I certainly would never use a shower or toilet that I know somebody else who I do not live with has just used. Covid has a 3 day life span outside the body and I do not want to take a lottery as to whether somebody carrying it has used the toilet or shower I chose.

As for cleaning down the shower after use we just spray the walls and door with Mr Muscle Shower Shine and just leave it to do its thing.
OK, let me know where you are and I'll come and use your shower!

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
On the subject of toilet blocks the best I have ever seen are Camping Nattterer See in Austria. And Camping la Bella Vista in Southern Spain.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
If a site has facilities, I use them because theyā€™re there and Iā€™ve probably paid for the privilege in their nightly rate.
My question is, why do you stay at a site with facilities?

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
If a site has facilities, I use them because theyā€™re there and Iā€™ve probably paid for the privilege in their nightly rate.
As stated previously
The luxury of choice. I have stayed on many sites both good and bad all over Europe. Firstly I like the ability to put my chairs/tables/barbacue out, secondly I like to connect to electric, thirdly I like the security, after that I pick and choose what others facilities I want to use. You donā€™t have to use every facilty on very site.

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
If all the sites I have stayed on depended on the toilet blocks I believe there would be a lot more staying on aires/wild camping etc. Do you inspect a toilet in a hotel room before you book?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have used on site showers, but it depends on the facilities and the queues. I prefer not to be treading on other peopleā€™s suds and stuff. I like the exclusivity of my own shower!

Guess some of you may not speak to me after this... IF I use onsite showers.... I leave my crocs on. I don't want veruccas. Plus I have a small Dettol spray which I use on the shower floor and showerhead first. (This was pre-covid).

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
As stated previously
The luxury of choice. I have stayed on many sites both good and bad all over Europe. Firstly I like the ability to put my chairs/tables/barbacue out, secondly I like to connect to electric, thirdly I like the security, after that I pick and choose what others facilities I want to use. You donā€™t have to use every facilty on very site.
But, to quote your original post, you said that toilet blocks should only be used by campers.
Now, you have the luxury of choice.
Youā€™ve answered your own postā€™s question.
If someone in a motorhome or Caravan wants to use the block, itā€™s their choice.
If they want to walk from the shower in a dressing gown, again, thatā€™s luxury of choice.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
But, to quote your original post, you said that toilet blocks should only be used by campers.
Now, you have the luxury of choice.
Youā€™ve answered your own postā€™s question.
If someone in a motorhome or Caravan wants to use the block, itā€™s their choice.
If they want to walk from the shower in a dressing gown, again, thatā€™s luxury of choice.
Not biting. Just a general discussion, itā€™s called fun and what Motorhome Fun is all about.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Who said anything about the van not being fit for purpose? You can't tell me that you can have the same shower in your van as you could in your house or in the campsite shower block.

Why go on a campsite and pay for facilities that you don't intend to use, or worse judge others for using facilities they have paid for?
I can ....I love my shower in my van . And the one in my previous van was better than the one I had in my last house.

The few experiences I had of campsite showers I'd rather not repeat

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Why so judgmental? I use the shower block and toilet facilities in preference to using the one in the MoHo. However recent Covid issues means my preference is to use the onboard facilities but will revert once a vaccine šŸ’‰ is available that way there is less cleaning and emptying to do whilst on Holliday.

whatā€™s wrong with dressing gowns or onesies?
Nothing per se - but would you walk down your street in your dressing gown? What is it about camping that results in this lack of inhibition?

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
On the subject of toilet blocks the best I have ever seen are Camping Nattterer See in Austria. And Camping la Bella Vista in Southern Spain.
Have to agree about the toilet block at Bella Vista, but when we were there someone nicked my crocks from outside the van :giggle: Good job I did not leave my dressing gown outside as well:LOL:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Perhaps Jim should launch a new fashion accessory for the well appointed funster - the motorhomefun dressing gown. Imagine your trek to the shower block with the bright yellow smiley face logo prominently embroidered announcing your funster credentials. You'll either have that shower block to yourself, or it could get very crowded :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back