Nice Parking (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
A bit of good parking as reported in the Lancashire Post. Screenshot_20200908-094343_Chrome.jpg

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
A village near us has an area in the car park marked Bus Only, it's to allow the bus to turn. At the weekend there were two motorhomes parked there with awnings out. Irresponsible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
A village near us has an area in the car park marked Bus Only, it's to allow the bus to turn. At the weekend there were two motorhomes parked there with awnings out. Irresponsible.
Can you confirm that the local buses were running that weekend?;)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
I know one of the drivers, I really hope he was driving a shift that day.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the bus driver should just turn as normal wiping them out. Fault of the MH's as you can't have an "accident" with someone who shouldn't be there.
i tried that line of defence when i pranged a lorry against a van that was illegally parked my boss was quite clear theat them being illegally parked doesnt mean you can rip the side out of there motor

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I see he owns a swift but doesn’t trust it for a dry night so tows a folding trailer tent as a bedroom. Joking aside, I wonder what if anything happened after photo was take, did it get towed away,fined etc ?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
When I worked our marshalling yard adjoined a railway station. When someone parked a car and it got in the way we would slide a pallet under it and use the forklift to shift it. Many puzzled passengers getting off the train later to find their car had mysteriously moved in their absence.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
When I worked our marshalling yard adjoined a railway station. When someone parked a car and it got in the way we would slide a pallet under it and use the forklift to shift it. Many puzzled passengers getting off the train later to find their car had mysteriously moved in their absence.
Yep i moved quite a few motors out the way using that method when I worked in the factories and warehousing
Another method if they had a towbar was one fork under the towbar lift a few inches of the ground and move it 😁

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yep i moved quite a few motors out the way using that method when I worked in the factories and warehousing
Another method if they had a towbar was one fork under the towbar lift a few inches of the ground and move it 😁

Wasn't the steering lock sometimes a bit limiting on where you could put it?

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
My son told me about this on Saturday when the incident occurred. The lifeboat station have requested that they have barriers installed at the entrance, apparently crew asked the driver to move to enable them to launch the boat and they refused.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My son told me about this on Saturday when the incident occurred. The lifeboat station have requested that they have barriers installed at the entrance, apparently crew asked the driver to move to enable them to launch the boat and they refused.
:oops:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
i tried that line of defence when i pranged a lorry against a van that was illegally parked my boss was quite clear theat them being illegally parked doesnt mean you can rip the side out of there motor
Similar situation once in Hull. I gridlocked the town centre, by refusing to attempt to "squeeze" btween a parked car and one Parked on Double yellow lines with a Blue badge. But boy was I Tempted to rip the hell out of the Blue Mercedes.
Reminds me of being in college doing part of my Marine Engineers Qualifications. I parked in a slot and this Dick who came in behind started to moan about it being "his" slot. I walked away and left him. Came back to go home at 4-30pm to find him parked behind me, blocking my exit. Across the road was the dry-dock where father worked, so I went over, told him what had happened. Whereupon he got the Yard` Fork truck and went over to remove this Mini, which he re-parked in gap between two Buildings Side ways on. It would have been impossible to remove any other way, I often wonder how he got it out again.:giggle:(y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Neither applies.
The journalism exemption to the DPA allows publication.
The HRA only applies to actions of public authorities not to private organisations.
It was the crew member who took the photo who blanked out the plates. Attached is an original copy of the photo sent to Ryan on Saturday at 12.26.
310635E4-7D0C-4438-90CF-EDD3C882ED10.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back