ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I am always touched by your generosity and kindness. You are such a nice guy. Xx

well tonight girl, i exceeded even my expectations! I shall tell you why!!

I got a call this morning from the large extension customer, asking if I could go over at 1 o’clock today, to discuss a few things!
When I arrived he immediately told me I had got the job, and I start on 20tg of July, after I finish my small job!!

So I’m good now for 12/15 weeks!!

Velma my neighbour, asked if I could pick up a three piece suite for her on Sunday, that she got for free off of Facebook! I of course said yes,,, but I emptied the van, and without her knowledge, went and picked it up an hour ago! I knocked on her door and said I need help unloading the van, she said ok and came out,,, Her face was a picture when I opened the back doors!! Now she has a new floor, sofa and two chairs,, She’s over the moon! It seems that as soon as I help her with something, I get rewarded,, on my way back from getting the stuff, I got a call from a bloke who wants a loft conversion, I had been recommended to him by an architect I know! I explained that I was busy for three months and he said, no problem I can wait, but I’m going over tomorrow to have a proper chat!!

I’m starting to believe in karma!!

I can’t wait for Velma to need something else, I need the work! Lolololol. Xxxx

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I am really pleased for you Ian. :)
Although 2020 will have been a year to remember, for many it will have been a hellish year. For you it'll be one to remember for a different reason, ie, when life gave you a break, and you were able to move away from darker times.
Well done pal, you've more than deserved it. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

P.S. When are we going to do breakfast again? ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Although 2020 will have been a year to remember, for many it will have been a hellish year. For you it'll be one to remember for a different reason, ie, when life gave you a break, and you were able to move away from darker times.

Cheers,

P.S. When are we going to do breakfast again? ;)
Just a reminder there, did you hear anymore from that breakfast club thing again, suppose they have been shut.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Good for you Ian. Your kindness to your neighbour is rewarding you with the new jobs. Word of your quality of work will, without doubt, get around and you will get more work coming in. No more working for others who are just out to make a swift buck off your hard work. Onwards and upwards.
David.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i know you can be quite laxidasical around money ian with these larger jobs its important to get some sort of payment plan in place at the start . Terms and conditions, written estimate of what you have priced to do and stage payment for each phase of the job and a day rate for extras Normally for an extension it will be up to damp course then brick work to roof line , watertight ,interior leave as little as possible till the end
Even if you dont sign contracts an email or text with full details will stand up as evidence there are some very dodgy people out there

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

Cheers,

Couldn't of said it better myself🙂👍
ianthebuilder

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well it seems like the magic is still alive!

took Velma shopping today,, got another call, extension in Great Yarmouth! Seeing them Wednesday,, on my way home from hopton, where my little job is!

I’m beginning to get frightened, every time I talk to or go with Velma anywhere something happens!!

hang on ,, my phone is ringing,,,,,,,,,,, it’s Velma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I’m not answering, I need a holiday next year! Lol xxx

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I am thinking a ing a go at
Well good afternoon,,,

move had a lovely day so far,, B@Q for flooring, only £12.00 per mtrs,, needed 24 mtrs,, and didn’t have one board spare!! Lol.

spent two hours with the kids and mum laying floor,, under instruction of course! Lol

had four cups of tea, and finished an hour ago, just showered cause i was minging!!

now this will be a lesson to all I think!!!

I took Velma to get the floor,, got back, laid the floor ( with underlay etc,, tears in the house when I’d finished, all were well emotionall,,,,

now as I was working,,, I had three phone calls,,, one from a job I priced last week,, Ian, we would very much like you to go ahead with our job! ( small extension for a toilet and basin! ).

and two more calls for local jobs, one garden wall, and one wall to come down between a toilet and bathroom! And gave them rough prices over the phone, both accepted without hesitation! Lovely,,, So the moral of the story is,,, be generous with other people less fortunate, and you will be repaid many times over! Lol. Bonus!! XxxxxxView attachment 401096View attachment 401097
I am thinking of having a go at laminate upstairs do you cut it upside down with the jigsaw and is there a method for laying it properly?

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
well tonight girl, i exceeded even my expectations! I shall tell you why!!

I got a call this morning from the large extension customer, asking if I could go over at 1 o’clock today, to discuss a few things!
When I arrived he immediately told me I had got the job, and I start on 20tg of July, after I finish my small job!!

So I’m good now for 12/15 weeks!!

Velma my neighbour, asked if I could pick up a three piece suite for her on Sunday, that she got for free off of Facebook! I of course said yes,,, but I emptied the van, and without her knowledge, went and picked it up an hour ago! I knocked on her door and said I need help unloading the van, she said ok and came out,,, Her face was a picture when I opened the back doors!! Now she has a new floor, sofa and two chairs,, She’s over the moon! It seems that as soon as I help her with something, I get rewarded,, on my way back from getting the stuff, I got a call from a bloke who wants a loft conversion, I had been recommended to him by an architect I know! I explained that I was busy for three months and he said, no problem I can wait, but I’m going over tomorrow to have a proper chat!!

I’m starting to believe in karma!!

I can’t wait for Velma to need something else, I need the work! Lolololol. Xxxx
Chuffed to bits for you Ian good luck

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016

I am thinking of having a go at laminate upstairs do you cut it upside down with the jigsaw and is there a method for laying it properly?
I laid the boards like a brick wall pattern. I find it more accurate to use a hand saw.
One important trick is to make sure you don't end up with a tiny slither of material upto the walls.
Phil

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
ianthebuilder every time I see another job you have done I can’t help but be amazed at the speed you work at with great results.

If you were closer to Peterborough I’d be constantly throwing work your way.

Glad everything is going well for you.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Ok, good morning,,,,

well it’s bloody roasting outside already!!
I have the blinds closed in my window and I have a fan on max already! Can get like an oven in here! Luckily the door to the hall, which leads to the bed/ bath is the start of my cool area, at least ten degrees cooler in the bedroom than the lounge, bonus!!

rightan update on work!
Went to see a little proposed garden wall yesterday, price came out at £1200, gave customer the price and now it’s up to him!

also looked at a knock through,anotger £1500 or thereabouts, again, it’s up to him!

but I did have a strange call yesterday evening,,,, The-customer for large extension I had priced, at the rate of £1400 per sq mtre, 39.3 sq mts, rang me and asked if I knew how to solve a little problem he had found, while exposing his bathroom floor,,, a couple of the joists are rotten and not being supported,, so when the wall downstairs comes down It may move a bit,,, I explained a way to renew, with trimmers and more joists, hangers etc and he was well pleased,,, in fact he was so pleased he asked me to come over today at 1pm to discuss the job!

now I also took the time to explain to him about the cost + 20% pricing structure that silver fox mentioned to me,, and he sounded well impressed, saving money is a huge bonus!!

well, I shall update this afternoon or evening, and let you know what’s occurring!!

on Monday I start my little wc extension
And all materials and skip are expected Monday morning!

have a smashing day,, laters! Xxxxx
Don't forget the Building Regs application!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Just follow the instructions that are included in every pack and then you can't go far wrong. Don't forget there should be no waste except where you have to go around door frames etc. What comes off at the end of each run, starts the next. Just buy a fine bladed saw and cut from the top. Measure twice and cut once. (y)
Ps don't use a jigsaw for straight cuts.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None

depends hammie,, get a jigsaw and try it on a piece! And I find that the better quality the laminate the easier the fit, but you have to push hard! Lol. X

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,, well this morning is the first morning of my proposed and promised run of work,, I’m glad I have something to do now I get up so early!!

so off to great Yarmouth way this morning, arrive around 7 am, get set up,organised, and kettle on,, miss the traffic going, and hopefully miss it coming home later!!

so today’s plan,, dig and concrete foundations, concrete, and cut the outside skin of bwk out for the internal doorway!
Also fix the wall starter bars, expose cavities, and load out for tomorrow!

if we have time I will make a start on the drainage, break into manhole etc!
Stewart is working with me today, and tomorrow morning, so we should get plenty done! If the weather holds!

materials and skip due for delivery today, so if they turn up all should be good!
I will take pics and post this evening!

the overall size of this build is 1.4 mtrs x 1.8 to 2 mtrs,, so not big but lots of work,, a small house really, just like chasers Rayburn housing! Lol

ok, I’m drinking my second brew, gonna shower, and get sorted,, have a lovely Monday, chat later! Xxxx

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Good morning,, well this morning is the first morning of my proposed and promised run of work,, I’m glad I have something to do now I get up so early!!

so off to great Yarmouth way this morning, arrive around 7 am, get set up,organised, and kettle on,, miss the traffic going, and hopefully miss it coming home later!!

so today’s plan,, dig and concrete foundations, concrete, and cut the outside skin of bwk out for the internal doorway!
Also fix the wall starter bars, expose cavities, and load out for tomorrow!

if we have time I will make a start on the drainage, break into manhole etc!
Stewart is working with me today, and tomorrow morning, so we should get plenty done! If the weather holds!

materials and skip due for delivery today, so if they turn up all should be good!
I will take pics and post this evening!

the overall size of this build is 1.4 mtrs x 1.8 to 2 mtrs,, so not big but lots of work,, a small house really, just like chasers Rayburn housing! Lol

ok, I’m drinking my second brew, gonna shower, and get sorted,, have a lovely Monday, chat later! Xxxx
Still getting people admireing your excellent brickwork (y) :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back