Where would you go in the winter (UK only)? (1 Viewer)

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
I`m waiting for Global Warming, to make the south coast like Spain(y) I`m working on a scheme to do away with all this "Green" stuff and bring back some pollution, that should speed it up a bit.
Have a word with the Chinese I believe they're good at that sort of thing ;)

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Westacott farm abbotsham road just south of Bideford open all year - small Farm site but clean and you can see the sea. I stayed there in November last year - breezy but still nice And quiet

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
NOW, your talking (y) , My weapon of choice is the Full size Dodge Ram Pickup, the older ones with 8.1? litre `Gas Engine.

Like your style young man.

Would still be happy with a Challenger same as in Vanishing point.

A 57 Bel Air would be acceptable as well 😊

If you get me one I’ll t and t it etc 😉😊

Ohh or a 55 as in two lane black top 😉
The lady in that was a bit tidy in that as well.
Wonder what she’s like now 🤔

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Like your style young man.

Would still be happy with a Challenger same as in Vanishing point.

A 57 Bel Air would be acceptable as well 😊

If you get me one I’ll t and t it etc 😉😊

Ohh or a 55 as in two lane black top 😉
The lady in that was a bit tidy in that as well.
Wonder what she’s like now 🤔
55 yes 57 no
Xa superbird oh hell yes
The lady 😥 RIP many years ago

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
My late parents moved from London to Sutton on Sea when they sold their Council house. The first time I visited them I was struck- literally- by the cold easterly wind!
Blimey sold their council house did the council ever find out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We have been in Norfolk and North Yorkshire during the winter since we have had the Rienza. We usually visit York Christmas Market staying near the park and ride. The Duetto wasnt quite as weather proof for winter travels. This was one of the reasons we changed vans.
The only time we had any problems were during the mini beast from the east. Our water was partially frozen for a couple of hours in the morning. Having said that the water taps on the site was frozen all day.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The southern part of Dorset has it's own micro-climate. Shielded by hills to the north and the sea to the south, it's a lovely place to live

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We spent 2 months last winter on a campsite near Lowestoft and hope to do the same this winter.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The southern part of Dorset has it's own micro-climate. Shielded by hills to the north and the sea to the south, it's a lovely place to live
I`d forgotten that. But it can also be very wet!. Portland is a bit Draughty though!. Especially up on the "bill in January. Not so bad in the bottom of the quarry. Used to love Weymouth, Spent several Xmas & New Year there in the 80`s, Rallying with the Dorset Centre On the School, near the Hospital. Was pub on the harbour, did Fish and Chips on a Friday, worth the ride from Yeovil just for that.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I might make it the 20 miles to Newhaven and once I get there thank goodness there is a ferry to France. :giggle:
Having driven through France a couple of times in January, I wonder where, many Sites and Aires are closed, even as far South as St Jean-de-Luz, we where overnighting in Snow!, on the camp-ground roads as the grass wouldn't take us.? The "better" condition had to wait until we where over the "top" and south of Pamplona. Having followed the snow plough one year!.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Only trouble with Norfolk in the winter is the sugar beet, which means lots of mud on the road and dirty motorhomes
We’ve never had that problem in Norfolk.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We spent 2 months last winter on a campsite near Lowestoft and hope to do the same this winter.
Where’s that please?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Turkeys come from the supermarket, don’t they? 🤓

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I'm thinking of heading south for the winter (but staying in the UK). Where would your favourite destination be?
If you plan for damp,wet,cold , then everything will be a bonus 👍

I would suggest a “2 location” break close to public transport links with local interest places to see (Nat Trust?)
Maybe Torbay/Dorset??
Or the Lakes

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Having driven through France a couple of times in January, I wonder where, many Sites and Aires are closed, even as far South as St Jean-de-Luz, we where overnighting in Snow!, on the camp-ground roads as the grass wouldn't take us.? The "better" condition had to wait until we where over the "top" and south of Pamplona. Having followed the snow plough one year!.
Didn't say I would stay in France. :giggle:
Although this year in Feb the weather was so good we stayed in south west France for 3 weeks, better weather than we have had in Spain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back