Share your cycle rides with Photos and Strava (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
It would be frustrating to have this thread, dedicated to cyclists, becoming another rehash of ant-cycling comments.
It's not anti cycling, I'd love to go out on the bike, but here in France when a Gendarme with a pistol tied to his waist points at the bikes locked to the back of our moho and says they must not be used I get the message loud and clear.

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Italy, Spain and France effectively banned cycling weeks ago so I'm not comfortable with 1000's of MAMILs still doing 50 miles a day in the UK. But it's allowed, so they will, even if it isn't in the spirit of Stay at Home.
Am years of doing 50 miles in a day. Also what are MAMILs?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Am years of doing 50 miles in a day. Also what are MAMILs?

Middle Aged Men in Lycra.

I don't know what your fitness etc. is like but if you do little and often, I would guess that you could be up to 50 miles a day by Autumn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Am working on it. Doing 10+ miles a day set a goal of 100 mile in a week. So we will see ?‍♂️
That is the best way to do it, just ride some each day and let it build up, as it will without you noticing. The problem is you may find your rides take long as you get bikefit, don't worry just check the milage you are doing. You may be out on the bike longer but have a look at the distance you are covering!
I also try to do a 100 miles a week but I mix it with walking 20 miles a week. So lockdown isn't so bad as I'm by myself and still staying fit ready for the return to Belgium and Nederlands as soon as I'm allowed.
Phil

Tribbtravs

Banned
Oct 13, 2017
Funster No
Am working on it. Doing 10+ miles a day set a goal of 100 mile in a week. So we will see ?‍♂️
I think a weekly goal is good. I joined a club about 10 years ago and the first ride of 27 miles nearly killed me. They were good to wait for me as i was miles behind. One of the riders told me to try and get out about 4 times a week and you will improve. He was right. I was at the back for quite a while but then I could feel my fitness really start to kick in. A couple of years ago my fitness was probably better than it had ever been.

Tribbtravs

Banned
Oct 13, 2017
Funster No
Forgot to put a photo up
FEFC6912-CB51-4BF2-BF80-87B0D681532F.jpeg

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
Wife and I went out for a ride today, keeping it short so she can build up the distance. Anyway I had planned a 25 mile route through to Croston village and return with Komoot and then saved it to my GPS. Set the bikes up, selected the route on the GPS and we set off. When we got to Tarlton, north of Southport I realised I had selected the Crossens Loop not the Crosten Loop. This route was 37 miles! To save the day we took a detour via Churchtown and ended up only doing 29.5 miles.
Moral of the story.....I need glasses for cycling :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Before I forget Innkeeper, and please forgive me if I'm teaching you (or Grandma) to suck eggs but please remember to service your bike with lubricating the chain and keeping the tyres pumped up correctly.

Also, do you wear cycling glasses to protect your eyes? Cheap work glasses from Screwfix can be good.

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Innkeeper did you manage the magic 100?
Phil
Yep got up to 105 miles had a rest day today.
Glasses wise just wear my normal specs or sunglasses.
Maint wise just the odd bit off 3 in1 and odd spray of WD40. Both well away from brakes.
Still waiting for my shorts to come. Also ordered a new set of go faster/futher tyres and tubes.??‍♂️

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Yep got up to 105 miles had a rest day today.
Glasses wise just wear my normal specs or sunglasses.
Maint wise just the odd bit off 3 in1 and odd spray of WD40. Both well away from brakes.
Still waiting for my shorts to come. Also ordered a new set of go faster/futher tyres and tubes.??‍♂️

Good news all around apart from the shorts.

You might consider an alternative to 3 in 1 when you get your road bike.

Apr 19, 2018
Funster No
Hi Rob, I am now following you on Strava. If you get many more followers you will soon be an influencer.:giggle:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Also connected with you, bye 'eck you live near trout fishing paradise:p

Mar 3, 2017
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinberg Carloft
Exp
Getting the hang of it from 2017
13 miles off 400 for the month, a short MTB ride should sort that out by Thursday if I can find a dry spell this week

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
New PB for the hill I couldn't get up when I first tried at the beginning of the month
Screenshot_20200429-123643_Strava.jpg

Made up. Wait till my go faster tyres get here?
Also my Stava thing from today's shop run.
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/q95W0MvY45 ?‍♂️?

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Hi there, I have really enjoyed reading this thread and hearing about everyone’s cycling adventures! I hope you don’t mind if I join in, despite not being on Strava, and also for having an ebike?

I dusted off and charged up my e-bike at the start of Lockdown, and have been out everyday since, and have been really enjoying the quiet roads and lanes around here. It’s a year or two since I last used my bike, but I’ve gradually increased the routes and I do between 15-27 miles a day.

My ebike is a Volt Metro folding bike with 20” wheels and is terrific fun - although I’m thinking of upgrading soon to something that’s better suited to longer routes on roads and the steep hills around here! We live just south of Hadrians Wall in the Tyne Valley in Northumberland so my routes always include plenty of steep climbs!

Heres a screen shot from today’s ride from the OS App that I use to plan and track my rides - who said the Romans only built straight roads!:

C741CAAA-2E7B-4566-8B1B-A47DDA6FB3F8.jpeg

...and here’s a photo of my bike:

BD6A36EF-F279-4E2E-A026-419EC48C7154.jpeg

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Hi there, I have really enjoyed reading this thread and hearing about everyone’s cycling adventures! I hope you don’t mind if I join in, despite not being on Strava, and also for having an ebike?

I dusted off and charged up my e-bike at the start of Lockdown, and have been out everyday since, and have been really enjoying the quiet roads and lanes around here. It’s a year or two since I last used my bike, but I’ve gradually increased the routes and I do between 15-27 miles a day.

My ebike is a Volt Metro folding bike with 20” wheels and is terrific fun - although I’m thinking of upgrading soon to something that’s better suited to longer routes on roads and the steep hills around here! We live just south of Hadrians Wall in the Tyne Valley in Northumberland so my routes always include plenty of steep climbs!

Heres a screen shot from today’s ride from the OS App that I use to plan and track my rides - who said the Romans only built straight roads!:

View attachment 384291

...and here’s a photo of my bike:

View attachment 384285
Your doing good. You can just download Stava app. I just use the free one but you can pay for more features.
I also use another app Komoot which is good for planning routes. With komoot first map is free then you can buy more. I again just use the free map.
If you download Stava there is also a motor home fun group

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back