Share your cycle rides with Photos and Strava (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Well today I managed to get my average speed above 12mph. Road nice and dry but windy.
Loads of PRs on Stava. So new tyres seem to be working ?
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/XCeXgkJV95 ?‍♂️
I'm glad you like your new tyres but I expect the real reason you're getting better is that you fitness and skills are going up.
Keep it up, you're an inspiration to lots.
Phil

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Hi there, I have really enjoyed reading this thread and hearing about everyone’s cycling adventures! I hope you don’t mind if I join in, despite not being on Strava, and also for having an ebike?

I dusted off and charged up my e-bike at the start of Lockdown, and have been out everyday since, and have been really enjoying the quiet roads and lanes around here. It’s a year or two since I last used my bike, but I’ve gradually increased the routes and I do between 15-27 miles a day.

My ebike is a Volt Metro folding bike with 20” wheels and is terrific fun - although I’m thinking of upgrading soon to something that’s better suited to longer routes on roads and the steep hills around here! We live just south of Hadrians Wall in the Tyne Valley in Northumberland so my routes always include plenty of steep climbs!

Heres a screen shot from today’s ride from the OS App that I use to plan and track my rides - who said the Romans only built straight roads!:

View attachment 384291

...and here’s a photo of my bike:

View attachment 384285
Spent many happy hours riding from Wickham, lovely countryside.
Phil

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Last August up in the Pyrenees and early this with my new bike on the moors above Burnley (You can just see Pendle Hill in the distance popping out of the clouds) As they say in these parts " If you can't see Pendle hill its because its raining, if you can its about to rain !"
Qor%%NrtQ8+cu5iK9Ogwug.jpg
6zgzsMs8RP+7dFHamPLmeg.jpg

vYc2BMNxT1Kl9BO5Rih27g.jpg
6SMSh+z2ThKkkP5FqG0nVg.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
I'm glad you like your new tyres but I expect the real reason you're getting better is that you fitness and skills are going up.
Phil
Nice of you to say. Yep fitness is going up and yep getting into it.
But the tyres defo feel faster. Also so many new PRs on Stava in a day says something. The only sections with slow times was heading into wind.
It also helps that the area were in is lovely and hadn't been round here till 2 months ago so loads to see. Plus boredom has a lot to do with it.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Phil

Possibly but it could be a combination of slick tyres offering upto 10% faster speed compared to nobbly tyres based on my experiences, higher tyre pressure (guessing that Innkeeper pumped them up more recently than the previous tyres and possibly better weather conditions with a tail wind (based on Innkeeper's comment above.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Put the tyres up to 65/70 psi before today's ride.
Also got to remember been on my bike every day since Monday I say am having Sunday's off but been told we need to go food shop. So will have monday off.
Then again weather looks good Monday ??‍♂️

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Put the tyres up to 65/70 psi before today's ride.
Also got to remember been on my bike every day since Monday I say am having Sunday's off but been told we need to go food shop. So will have monday off.
Then again weather looks good Monday ??‍♂️
What were your previous tyres pumped up to?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Wasnt really that bothered. Hardly ever use my bike. More of I squeeze and a guess. Sort of yep that will do

When you are shopping for your road bike, consider adding s track pump to the list of things to get - road bike tyres need pumping up once a week or so to keep them optimal. And you'll have plenty of articles to read about what pressure to use for each tyre.

It might sound less exciting than watching paint dry but tyre pressure makes a big difference to comfort, speed, handling and puncture resistance.

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
When you are shopping for your road bike, consider adding s track pump to the list of things to get - road bike tyres need pumping up once a week or so to keep them optimal. And you'll have plenty of articles to read about what pressure to use for each tyre.

It might sound less exciting than watching paint dry but tyre pressure makes a big difference to comfort, speed, handling and puncture resistance.
Not got a road bike yet. That's on the list. Make do with my BSO ( bike shaped object) Will see I we get jobs after lock down ?
At the moment pumps there is a compressor on site and the other 2 wardens will loan me track pumps I have a small pump on bike for emergencies.

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Your doing good. You can just download Stava app. I just use the free one but you can pay for more features.
I also use another app Komoot which is good for planning routes. With komoot first map is free then you can buy more. I again just use the free map.
If you download Stava there is also a motor home fun group

Hi I-K! Thanks for your reply - I’ll go ahead and get signed up to Strava and the MHF Group. It will be interesting to see how the mileages compare on Strava, as there seems to be a big difference in the tracked mileages between my Fitbit (uses GPS on my phone), and the OS App. The OS App gives a higher mileage, so that’s obviously the figure I use! ?

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Spent many happy hours riding from Wickham, lovely countryside.
Phil

Hi PM! Thanks for your reply! Yes, we’re very lucky to be surrounded by lovely countryside up here in Northumberland. I’m guessing you would have cut down from Whickham through Blaydon to get to the Tyne Valley road/lane cycling routes - I ventured north of Matfen the other day and there were a lot of Cyclists up there, but it’s quieter near us - I’m guessing it’s because we’ve got the hills near us! We also really enjoy all the off-road tracks on the various disused wagonways and railways, but I’m avoiding those for the time being and sticking to the lanes. ?‍♂️

Feb 4, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Home and abroad since 2005
Ok, so it’s not on my bike but my usual morning march. That’s the M62 at Jct 28 Just up from Elland Road.
7A3ABC56-94E4-4123-A600-57792820F865.png
6E70D063-9134-4842-ABFC-4A697C5F8616.png
MOT is Marching on Together. A Leeds Utd quote.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
New to this thread and had not realised there was a Fun Strava club so just joined. I had not been cycling for a while so performance not too good!

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
New to this thread and had not realised there was a Fun Strava club so just joined. I had not been cycling for a while so performance not too good!
Will see you on the strava page. One problem and it may just be me. On here you see user name on stava you see really name. It can be hard to work out who's, who

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Will see you on the strava page. One problem and it may just be me. On here you see user name on stava you see really name. It can be hard to work out who's, who

Yes this is true. Both my names are pretty similar between MHF and Strava, like staying incognito :mask:

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Well am rob Sherman on strava if it helps any one name on here should really be exinnkeeper

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I see what you mean, that does make it a bit tricky.

Here is a link to my ride today (hopefully this will work, if not I will have a rethink) only a short test ride. I have a Birdy folding bike which I am going to sell as I do not use it, so have been sorting it out and wanted to check it rode OK.

Jim

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
It says you need to follow me, but that should not be true as my activities are set as visible to all.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
You list your bikes etc in equipment in Strava then just choose the one you when out on each time. I hike as well and you can list your footwear and choose which you wore.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back