LIFE AFTER HELGA !!!! (4 Viewers)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
all new builds have to have thermostatic mixing valves usually under the bath but can be in a panel nut has to be within 2m ,i think its 2m may well be less, nanny state at its finest
I didn't know that, we only do heating not plumbing, it's useful information and even though I'm supposed to be retired I will remember that in case I do a bit more.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
all new builds have to have thermostatic mixing valves usually under the bath but can be in a panel nut has to be within 2m ,i think its 2m may well be less, nanny state at its finest

EDIT , never been a spec hear in Scotland but looks like that is what the problem is

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good evening ,,,

had a good day, but didn’t have time to go shopping!

appliances were delivered at 7.30 this morning, and the carpet fitter came about 11, and finished around 3 pm,,,all looks good I think,, I did 3 loads of washing and can’t hardly hear the machine, which is lovely!! 6C532313-9333-42D0-A801-24B6146AE084.jpeg571D2082-BBE9-47AB-B445-9E39341F2A59.jpeg25143550-4B1A-4CFD-B1FB-EA1414058FF2.jpeg330E0CAF-8804-4F29-B7ED-3074F2EBB39E.jpeg17D36585-5614-4C88-9CBD-56E9579E4625.jpegC964BF6B-227C-4DD4-A016-15190900B1CC.jpeg Also, I told them about water, they had a look and the plumber is coming tomorrow morning, to do something under the bath, behind the panel!!

now we have had a development!! A family pulled up today, in a Luton transit, proceeded To unload what looked like an explosion of furniture into the flat upstairs,, over my neighbour, not over me! Lol.
I went out to my van for the hoover and she was outside,, ‘ you live ere?’ She said,, ‘yup’ I said,,,, ‘ well I’ll tell you now’ she said,,,,
I fkn love my music but I know I have to turn it down by ten at night’ you got a problem with that? I looked at her bloke and stood up to my full 5ft 10 ins and said,,,

‘ I fkg will have if I get home and I can’t hear myself think! Lol

they looked a bit shocked! Lol. At least there over next doors flat and not mine! This could be fun! Lmao. Xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Good evening ,,,

had a good day, but didn’t have time to go shopping!

appliances were delivered at 7.30 this morning, and the carpet fitter came about 11, and finished around 3 pm,,,all looks good I think,, I did 3 loads of washing and can’t hardly hear the machine, which is lovely!! View attachment 356151View attachment 356152View attachment 356153View attachment 356154View attachment 356155View attachment 356156 Also, I told them about water, they had a look and the plumber is coming tomorrow morning, to do something under the bath, behind the panel!!

now we have had a development!! A family pulled up today, in a Luton transit, proceeded To unload what looked like an explosion of furniture into the flat upstairs,, over my neighbour, not over me! Lol.
I went out to my van for the hoover and she was outside,, ‘ you live ere?’ She said,, ‘yup’ I said,,,, ‘ well I’ll tell you now’ she said,,,,
I fkn love my music but I know I have to turn it down by ten at night’ you got a problem with that? I looked at her bloke and stood up to my full 5ft 10 ins and said,,,

they looked a bit shocked! Lol. At least there over next doors flat and not mine! This could be fun! Lmao. Xxxxx
Oh for the piece and quiet of a nice motorhome. :Smile:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You seem to be getting along fine with getting things done. (y) As for the neighbours be nice but firm, start as you mean to go on. I used to have a neighbour above me many years ago and she was like an elephant. I didn't stay in that house long.:ROFLMAO:

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Good evening ,,,

‘ well I’ll tell you now’ she said,,,,

Perhaps that's why they had to move from wherever they were before.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Tell us more @JJ ?

JJ :cool:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
All the very best to you in your new gaff Ian. It's looking really tidy, with the carpets laid and the appliances in. ?

Don't give those neighbours an inch, or they'll just take the pi$$. ?

Good luck,

Jock & Rita. ?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,,

well I’m up and into my second brew!

I’m going to be glad to get back to work, my sleep pattern is non existent!!
Nice mild morning though, and lovely and quiet,,

there’s about 25 properties in this little enclave and over the next week or two everyone is moving in,, exiting to see people coming and going,, starting new lives, or just improving from the last one,, there will be many stories to listen to I reckon!

If I was a documentary film maker it would be a good film! The journey people go on, choose, or are forced into by circumstances!

not having had any neighbours fora few years I’m hopeful that the regularity of seeing the same people won’t destroy me! Lolol.

third day in the flat, and I havnt had to empty a cassette!! Bonus,, although I do occasionally reach down to move the catch on the loo to open the flap as I used to for years,, habit I guess! Lol.

Now some info,,,

rang the council yesterday, re council tax,,,
Apparently I’m band A and my liability is £72.00 per month, based on 12 monthly payments,, having not paid it for years, I don’t think it’s too bad!!

Spoke to the councils waste dept, to try and get my bins,, but I was refused any due to the fact that from this year they have to be paid for, and the refuse dept havnt recieved payment from the housing yet, they are aware and that will be organised soon, but till then I have to be creative about my rubbish disposal,,, I only have one black bag at present, but it’s a pain!!

gas and electric are with Eon at the moment ( existing supply) so I contacted them and they are sending all relevant paperwork, I don’t know who to use yet, but I shall give them a chance to quote etc!
And I have a new smart meter so that’s interesting!!

yesterday I was surprised as well, a team of blokes turned up, and proceeded to erect a satellite dish on the side of the building,,ahh I thought, someone is having sky tv? But no!!

it’s a communal dish supplied by housing association for anyone who wants sky, you just get a subscription now and away you go!
they also fitted an Ariel in the roof for freebies etc so that’s good!!
I made them a coffee and as a thank you they made up and supplied me with an Ariel cable, fitted it and tuned my tv in to terrestrial tv also! Bonus,, and I thought that was nice of them!

I have a plumber coming before 12 today, to sort my bath water out, which I hooe will sort problem,, I want another bath! Lol.

this afternoon I’m going out to look for curtains/ blinds, I havnt made my mind up yet, and I do want a nice reclining chair, I’m not bothered about the sofa yet, or bed, but if something catches my eye then that could happen!

right, that’s this mornings update,, catch you later,, xxxxxx

ps, just watched Ricky gervaise at the awards ceremony! Lol funny!!! Lol.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Apparently I’m band A and my liability is £72.00 per month, based on 12 monthly payments,, having not paid it for years, I don’t think it’s too bad!!
Does that include the 25% single occupier discount?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
gas and electric are with Eon at the moment ( existing supply) so I contacted them and they are sending all relevant paperwork, I don’t know who to use yet, but I shall give them a chance to quote etc!
And I have a new smart meter so that’s interesting!!
bulb are very good, competitive and their electricity is from completely renewable sources.
I have a refer a friend link that will give us both £50 off our bill if you go with them, have a look at their website
www.bulb.me/helen4067?utm_campaign=account-referral-share&utm_medium=copy-link&utm_source=copy-button

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Curtains or Blinds?
Curtains will make the rooms seem more cosy and will absorb more noise-stops a room sounding hollow.
Blinds are probably less faff to install, won’t feel as cosy and if you use Venetian blinds will need cleaning/dusting!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
With your water rates there is a tariff called Solo that makes it cheaper for singles.
Yes, but Ian's water bill should be doubled to take account of the amount of tea he drinks!:wink:

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Right first hurdle to overcome!!

plumber has been, turned up valve under sink, not any noticeable difference! But he’s not legally allowed to do anything else!
removal of the valve/ thermostat would be the answer, so I’m going to speak to the housing and see if they would let me pay to have it taken out or bypassed! It’s all to do with a death of a child apparently, now all taps on bath are only set to around 46degrees,, no bloody good to me!

I don’t mind paying to remove, and I won’t mind paying to replace if I leave, but we shall see what they say! Stupid regulations, cold baths, and showers!!

will let you know how it goes! Xxxx.

on the other hand I could say nothing, get it taken out privately, and take a chance, but I shall speak to housing first! Xx

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Take the bath panel off then the valve cover and see if you can wind it up ?

Obviously I’m not telling you to do it and all risk is down to you ??

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008

plumber has been, turned up valve under sink, not any noticeable difference! But he’s not legally allowed to do anything else!
removal of the valve/ thermostat would be the answer, so I’m going to speak to the housing and see if they would let me pay to have it taken out or bypassed! It’s all to do with a death of a child apparently, now all taps on bath are only set to around 46degrees,, no bloody good to me!

I don’t mind paying to remove, and I won’t mind paying to replace if I leave, but we shall see what they say! Stupid regulations, cold baths, and showers!!

on the other hand I could say nothing, get it taken out privately, and take a chance, but I shall speak to housing first! Xx
You can’t make tea at 46 degrees ??

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

they will not let you take it out ian best not to mention it, find a plumber who will take it out for cash and leave the valve under the bath so you havent stolen it

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is your shower electric or off the same circuit, if electric can you have that running into your bath as well that's what we do to fill ours quicker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back