I Am Contemplating The Unthinkable... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As a few of you might know I am, and have been for well over 30 years, a dedicated motorhome full timer...

Recently I have been experiencing a series of minor disasters (solvable) on several fronts.

So, I find myself parked on my little piece of Paradise in Central Portugal and, usually at this time of year, I would be motoring south to the warmer climes of the Algarve to hang out with some van friends for Xmas and the New Year.

This year this is not possible.

Due to (temporary) mobility difficulties and weeks and weeks of rain and no sun, I find myself facing a Christmas lying in my drop down bed watching football, Netflix and Amazon Prime!

Yesterday I had the desperately evil thought...

"Why not, just for a change, spend a few days in my flat (fully furnished) where I would have mains electricity, a big fridge/freezer and a microwave, unlimited hot water for showers and a loo you don't have to empty!"

I haven't really enjoyed the very, very few days I have spent in the flat since buying it several years ago. I hate the feeling of living so close to other folk, and hearing their arguments (and worse) gives me a feeling of claustrophobia.

But they say a change is as good as a rest and so, if the land dries out enough to enable me to get the Kangoo up the track, in the next two days I might become a "bricks and mortar" man for a couple of days...

It would be the first Christmas Day not in a motorhome for over three decades...

We'll see...

JJ :cool:

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
double post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
What a shame that you are not able to join your friends this year. If you cannot do the normal thing then it’s a very good idea to do the different, and go to your flat. Hopefully the current situation is temporary and before long you will be mobile, the sun will be shining and the ground beneath your feet will be solid once again.

Happy Christmas!

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Whilst contemplating a period of change why not watch Liverpool on Prime winning the European Cup again in June and then again of course last night winning the World Cup??

What a GREAT idea...

watch an English team who are NOT champions of their league scrape past another English team who are NOT champions of their league either and then claim to be "Champions of Europe". :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe I'll do that after rewatching the real Champions of England (three times in the last five years) winning the domestic treble (quadruple) last season...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you swap to the Julian calendar the New Year starts on 1April. Or you could pretend this is a leap month year with an extra month added. You could then join your friends at the end of January. :)

My point is your friends will still be around when you are able to visit them. :)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear so sorry about the weather . But we are stuck at home. With 2 foster kids And another one coming Back for Christmas day. Both sons And their Wife's And kids And 3more dogs. Oh well Some peace and Quiet Next year . We hope to see you next year . You might have to hide then .

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yesterday I had the desperately evil thought...
"Why not, just for a change, spend a few days in my flat (fully furnished) where I would have mains electricity, a big fridge/freezer and a microwave, unlimited hot water for showers and a loo you don't have to empty!"
Oh dear.
:xwink:

Willhamburger

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
Bagworth Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
any news on a new Motorhome to get you moving again. we are just waiting for mid January so we can get on the road again. Merry Christmas. Hope to see you in a couple of months.

• Thanks
Reactions: JJ
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
What a GREAT idea...

watch an English team who are NOT champions of their league scrape past another English team who are NOT champions of their league either and then claim to be "Champions of Europe". :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe I'll do that after rewatching the real Champions of England (three times in the last five years) winning the domestic treble (quadruple) last season...

I don't categorise fans according to what they are champions of I just think there are us Liverpool fans and then there are the other 'bitter fans'.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It could have been a lot worse.....your flat could have been in the UK. Just make sure the oven works to cook the Fray Bentos Pies. Merry Christmas JJ. :xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Championes, Championes. Nuff said?????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun