Jan 22, 2019
SOUTHPORT
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years off and on
Hi

Just woken up to discover our Motorhome a Burstner Nexxo T660 Reg AU59 BCE has been stolen off our Dive at midnight last night.

I have CCTV Footage showing it being pushed off the drive - but picture is very grainy and no exact detail.

Just on the off chance that its spotted - really appreciate your help.

We are really gutted as it was our pride and joy.
Motorhome 1.jpg
Motorhome 2.jpg
Motorhome 1.jpg Motorhome 2.jpg Motorhome 1.jpg Motorhome 2.jpg Motorhome 1.jpg

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Get it shared on as many sites as possible. Hope you get it back undamaged. Maybe see if anyone can use a drone to look locally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Sorry to hear that .
Another Ford ,may ping an ANPR cam no with no MOT if on the move .or plates not swapped .
How's the insurance work on thst?
Hope you get reunited with it soon

OP
OP
Steve+Maggie

Steve+Maggie

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
SOUTHPORT
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years off and on
Hi
It was alarmed but no tracker - Police have all of the details and I am getting it posted on Facebook, Whats App etc.
Hopefully we will get it back. I have both sets of Keys and Insurance Company (AXA) seem to be OK with everything. Its a real kick in the teeth as we all know the Motorhome is like part of the family. I did take other security measures that I dont want to broadcast at the moment, which I am sure you will understand?

OP
OP
Steve+Maggie

Steve+Maggie

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
SOUTHPORT
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years off and on
No further news - I did call the police and let them know that the Motorhome was hooked up and there may be a chance that fingerprints were left on the plug as they removed it from the socket. Much to my surprise two CSI Officers have called and tried to take prints etc. so really pleased with the response from Merseyside Police.
As for the suggestion that it may be linked to my Upholstery quotes, I dont think so, neither Company saw the Motorhome and this is one of quite a few stolen recently from around here.
Lots of things that I could have done to make it more secure but from the look of the CCTV they had somehow been able to disarm the Alarm - Police say that Ford Transits are prone to this??
Strangely CCTV footage appears to have been blocked from the minute three hooded individuals walked by the house up until it was pushed off the drive. Don't know how this can happen but am busy googling it.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
they had somehow been able to disarm the Alarm - Police say that Ford Transits are prone to this??
If you mean the alarm that came with the van originally then yes as they use keys.
Common problem with the transit. they use a 'Tibbe' master key which then gives them the code for cutting; get one cut & return another night .This then unlocks the doors so disarming the alarm :)They then plug in a laptop to your OBD port & tell the ecu it is a new key ,etc;etc; then start up & away they go. 30 seconds is the norm. they obviously pushed yours away to stop it being heard .
There are loads of threads:( , & ways to prevent the problem ,if you do a search.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry can't help but feel sick inside at the thought of how vulnerable we all are.

Will certainly keep my eyes open locally for you but I suspect it will be soon on its way to Ireland from what others have said in the past. :( Hope there was nothing personal inside that was precious to uou. :(

@SueTayBon for info

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
If your alarm is linked to the locking and unlocking of the cab doors then they probably used one of these which is why the alarm did not go off and then they can override the immobiliser via the OBD port as per the video.

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
they had somehow been able to disarm the Alarm - Police say that Ford Transits are prone to this??

There's the brute-force approach if the Transit hasn't had Ford's security update - just open the lock with a pair of pliers:

Hope your van turns up OK.

OP
OP
Steve+Maggie

Steve+Maggie

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
SOUTHPORT
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years off and on
I have had a good search of CCTV from a couple of other cameras and there is a time line of the last train arriving at our local station and 5 minutes later 3 individuals walking past our gate and then the flashers blinking on the Motorhome. I have called the Police and they are going to check CCTV at the Train Station. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the house. They were in the Motorhome for 20 minutes before it was pushed off the drive?
Interesting that equipment is available to override alarms etc. it has made us feel really uncomfortable.
I am going to wade through a few days before worth of CCTV to see if I spot anything suspicious?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Really feel for you, we had a couple of new cars stolen a few years ago and it’s an awful feeling.
But.....
You need to think positive, if you don’t get it back, there’s no reason the insurance won’t pay up and you can then look for a new van that won’t need reupholstering!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Contact Truckline at Heysham , If it shipped to ROI then that is the way it would go from you. Might not be the same pplate but there will not have been too many going out this week so get the numbers if you can. Police might( might) follow up for you.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I live just a few miles from you Steve. The lock on my van was attacked a week ago. I’m not sure if it was done outside my house or a service station on the M62 because I had entered my van through the sliding door.
7DD24AEE-5CB5-4F3D-8441-AA9F92617FAE.jpeg

They must have been disturbed because as you can see that lock was nearly out.
There have been a lot of vehicle thefts in the area over the past few weeks.
Coincidentally there is a new illegal traveller site on Spurriers Lane, Melling.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
I’ve got a cousin who stays in ormskirk so I’ve sent her a pic of the motorhome just in case she sees it there somewhere....... never know :(

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Steve. We feel for you. hope it all turns out well.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Steve can't image how frustrating / upsetting it is for you, hope you can get it back or sorted quickly with the insurance
Good luck for a quick outcome

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
you can see that lock was nearly out.

That's all they need to do with a Transit - if you were to twist the lock barrel anti clockwise it would disarm the alarm and unlock the van (as demonstrated in the video I posted before). It's possible they could have opened the van.

I think that if somebody wants it they will take it, but Ford should not have made it so easy! :(

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just a few photos showing the reg number AU59

It's certainly a credit to you, looks like new.

But cheer up, get on Autotrader and see what you can do with the insurance money, you'll be all set up for the good weather.

OP
OP
Steve+Maggie

Steve+Maggie

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
SOUTHPORT
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years off and on
Thanks for all your comments and good wishes.
I have sent the details to truckline with some pictures.
What makes it worse is we received some items from Amazon today that we ordered as part of our makeover
Just feel a bit dejected at the moment to think that the cctv was blocked and that they were equipped with stuff to gain entry and steal it.
It’s also worrying that they had been obviously watching the house.
Any way we won’t give up hope of it being found and thanks again for your support

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Contact Truckline at Heysham , If it shipped to ROI then that is the way it would go from you. Might not be the same pplate but there will not have been too many going out this week so get the numbers if you can. Police might( might) follow up for you.

It should also be more noticeable with those wheels which are unusual.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Best of luck with this, for me if not recovered the same day I would rather wait for an insurance payout

There is no knowing what might have happened to it while not under your control

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back