Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Just seen this at our local Aldi car park. He spent one night on the campsite near our workshop, dragged out his leaving time from midday to 5.30 pm then got thrown off for taking the Mickey..

It won't let me upload the photos but he has parked across three parking slots. No wonder motorhomers are getting less popular.

D.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
:mad::mad::mad: You absolutely right Dave. I adore the freedom our motorhome affords us & I'm of the opinion that wild camping should only every be done in the wilderness whilst observing the countryside code. Leave if your asked to & without quibble, not when its in peoples faces. :mad::mad::mad:

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Aparently you're not a "real " motorhomer, unless you're a FLT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
IMG_20181115_111115.jpg

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Might depend how long he's there, if he's just filling the cassette then maybe not unreasonable.
If hes there for the night though........
If it was the middle of the night perhaps but during a weekday in a busy shop car park with less than 100 spaces in total it is nothing but selfish behaviour

D.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Disgraceful hope he gets caught out by parkrite? Its normally a 90 minute limit. We ve had a couple of issues with it when my wife takes her disabled mother to shop.

No reason at all for him to take up so many spaces regardless so useless FLT

Jon

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Maybe he's just doing his shopping...car park don't look too busy certainly a couple of empty spaces there and no cars driving round looking to park.

I know when I had to park my Frankia at a supermarket to do MY shopping I took up 4 or 5 spaces because there wasn't any option.

Spending money in the store I've not had a shop assistant or a member of the public ever complain.

If there was roadside parking outside the shop carpark I used that first but if no option what can you do.

I see works vans, pick ups etc doing the same thing

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It not always easy parking at the small supermarkets but I can see that he could at least easily back up to the bushes directly behind.
If it was me I would have put my van in that last bay and had the front stick out a bit.
The danger with parking with rear near the bushes as you will get some smart ass park accross the front and block you in.

Although with the length of his van he could probably have done as you suggest and parked in a bay sticking out a little ....Although hard to judge length from that pic.

Certainly with the tax axle I had you couldn't do that. One of the benefits hopefully from downsizing

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You are right but not for too long - they'll be in the shop. I've been blocked in before in the strangest places by many an idiot:doh:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As Northernraider says, there are times in Hypermarket car parks when the only way possible to park is across several slots. We always look to park on the outside edge where on occasions larger slots for vans are but I am sorry Dave, if there is nowhere else to be while we shop, we could raise your ire. (Sorry Dave).
However, as an enthusiastic user of Aires, I can feel my gruntled rising when someone parks badly, limiting the use of the place because they got there first.

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There is no good reason for this vehicle to park like this, it would fit in the end bay with the arse end over the grass behind. Please stop trying to defend this selfish, ignorant, lazy person, parking like this is not dependable and just makes all motorhome owners look bad to the rest of society. We have an elderly couple that float around the area in an rv, they often use this Aldi but even they manage to not block out multiple bays.

D.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There is no good reason for this vehicle to park like this, it would fit in the end bay with the arse end over the grass behind. Please stop trying to defend this selfish, ignorant, lazy person, parking like this is not dependable and just makes all motorhome owners look bad to the rest of society. We have an elderly couple that float around the area in an rv, they often use this Aldi but even they manage to not block out multiple bays.

D.
I don't see grass I see bushes that the back end of the van would damage.

I also don't see where the flt part comes in to be honest.

He paid for the campsite I presume
And i assume he will also pay for his shopping

I for one prefer to defend other motorhomes than constantly look for reasons to complain about them.

Unless they are doing something which is doing damage and in this instance from that photo I don't see that happening

But opinions will always vary.

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I don't see grass I see bushes that the back end of the van would damage.

I also don't see where the flt part comes in to be honest.

He paid for the campsite I presume
And i assume he will also pay for his shopping

I for one prefer to defend other motorhomes than constantly look for reasons to complain about them.

Unless they are doing something which is doing damage and in this instance from that photo I don't see that happening

But opinions will always vary.
so you prefer to judge from one admittedly poor photo rather than take my word that there was no good reason to park like this? Yes he paid for one day and night on the campsite but then dragged out moving off his pitch by 5.5 hours and finally had to be told in no uncertain terms to sling his hook or pay for another 24 hours. I don't believe he had even been into the shop based on what the campsite manager told us. There were several bags available in the car park that he could easily have parked in without hindering anyone else.

D.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
a true FLT making it worse for others.

What makes him a FLT? Whens he simply shopping for his groceries.

There are too many on here that will too easily accuse people of being FLT When they have no proof or when its simply not the case.

Stop doing it. I fact lets ban all reference to FLT

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Shopping centre carparks are for ..clue is in the name.. CARS .. not motorhomes, not caravans, not trailers, or tractors .. yet I've seen them all at our local Tesco's.. yes even a tractor.. well, it is Suffolk .. .lol

seriously, generally there is no provision for motorhomes or any vehicles that can't fit in one bay ..

doing so when it's busy and using up several bays is just plain selfish and spoils it for other motorhomers who use sensibly..

Be sensible and considerate ... and we can all get along.. put two fingers up and we end up with height barriers..

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
QUOTE="scotjimland, post: 3085942, member: 15"]Shopping centre carparks are for ..clue is in the name.. CARS .. not motorhomes, not caravans, not trailers, or tractors ..[/QUOTE]

Best no go shopping on my motorbike then :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
so you prefer to judge from one admittedly poor photo rather than take my word that there was no good reason to park like this? Yes he paid for one day and night on the campsite but then dragged out moving off his pitch by 5.5 hours and finally had to be told in no uncertain terms to sling his hook or pay for another 24 hours. I don't believe he had even been into the shop based on what the campsite manager told us. There were several bags available in the car park that he could easily have parked in without hindering anyone else.

D.
That's my point I'm not judging you're doing enough of that for everyone aswell as posting the pic for all to join in.

But as you say plenty available bays so he isn't denying anyone a parking space.

You are obviously willing just to accept the campsite owners statement. It's his campsite and his responsibility to move someone off it if they overstayed their time.

Just another thread having a pop at someone from what I see.

It's a shame the owner isn't on here to put his side accross.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What makes him a FLT? Whens he simply shopping for his groceries.

There are too many on here that will too easily accuse people of being FLT When they have no proof or when its simply not the case.

Stop doing it. I fact lets ban all reference to FLT
Exactly

But it's always a good thread for folk to jump on the bandwagon isn't it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's several years ago, now, since I contacted the major supermarkets about parking for customers in motorhomers and documented the results Here.
It seems to me that the response from Aldi, especially the point about not impeding other shoppers, was perfectly reasonable and one that no responsible motorhomer would disagree with.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Shopping centre carparks are for ..clue is in the name.. CARS .. not motorhomes, not caravans, not trailers, or tractors .. yet I've seen them all at our local Tesco's.. yes even a tractor.. well, it is Suffolk .. .lol

seriously, generally there is no provision for motorhomes or any vehicles that can't fit in one bay ..

doing so when it's busy and using up several bays is just plain selfish and spoils it for other motorhomers who use sensibly..

Be sensible and considerate ... and we can all get along.. put two fingers up and we end up with height barriers..

There was a thread on here not long ago that showed a van overhanging a bay and sticking out in to the road...I think in fact it might have been yourself that posted it.

Hard to tell from that photo if he could have put that van in a bay and only stuck out a little bit ....but if he was there's no doubt some that would complain about that too.

All this stuff about motorhomes getting other motorhomes a bad name is frankly nonsense.

If that was a local authority roadworks pickup or a lwb Merc sprinter parked there it wouldn't get every other workman a bad name.

By all means yes park as sensibly as possible but I'd be more inclined to be saying to aldi
You have customers here who need a larger space how about providing a couple in your carparks.

That's what motorhomes should be saying ...Not jumping on every case possible to have a pop.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back