Flt strikes again! (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There was a thread on here not long ago that showed a van overhanging a bay and sticking out in to the road...I think in fact it might have been yourself that posted it.

It was indeed.. another lazy selfish tosser who couldn't be arsed to walk 500 Mts to the car park with large bays for motorhomes..

and I make no apology for posting it..

But it's probably the stupid British legislation at play again that prevents them here.

as above.. Suffolk council have provided parking for large motorhomes in Woodbridge town centre .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It was indeed.. another lazy selfish tosser who couldn't be arsed to walk 500 Mts to the car park with large bays for motorhomes..

and I make no apology for posting it..

as above.. Suffolk council have provided parking for large motorhomes in Woodbridge town centre .
Yes but in this case the shop hasnt provided other spaces so he's limited where he can park in order to shop.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Aldi and Lidl are great in Europe dedicated motor home bays.

But it's probably the stupid British legislation at play again that prevents them here.
Seriously? Would you like to provide a link to the "stupid British legislation" you mean so that we can all see how it applies?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes but in this case the shop hasnt provided other spaces so he's limited where he can park in order to shop.
Exactly what part of "Our parking controls (through ParkingEye) focus on length of time on site and whilst we want people to park within lines, our current system does not monitor that. We happily welcome motor homes into all our stores but with an oversize vehicle obviously would appreciate you avoiding peak times as this could impede other shoppers." means that Aldi hasn't provided space for motorhomes to park? They specifically say that they do not monitor parking within lines so that obviously means they allow multi-bay parking, but not at the risk of impeding others.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

this is an example of how you can park sensibly..

this is me parked at Lidl in Stranraer .. 2017 .. my van is 7 mts long .. using only one bay, arse over the grass https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...23738e1a4!8m2!3d54.8972512!4d-5.0238357?hl=en

IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1605.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Exactly what part of "Our parking controls (through ParkingEye) focus on length of time on site and whilst we want people to park within lines, our current system does not monitor that. We happily welcome motor homes into all our stores but with an oversize vehicle obviously would appreciate you avoiding peak times as this could impede other shoppers." means that Aldi hasn't provided space for motorhomes to park? They specifically say that they do not monitor parking within lines so that obviously means they allow multi-bay parking, but not at the risk of impeding others.
Which he hasnt done as there's clearly spaces empty in that limited photograph.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
What makes him a FLT? Whens he simply shopping for his groceries.

There are too many on here that will too easily accuse people of being FLT When they have no proof or when its simply not the case.

Stop doing it. I fact lets ban all reference to FLT

He is a selfish person that could have parked correctly . Parked across three bays which could prevent others parking and giving an impression to the general public of motorhomers that will not do you or any of us any good.
There is no reason whatsoever stopping him from reversing or driving in to a bay and a bit.
IMO he is the type that gets others the title of FLT which I for one will use if I consider warranted.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No bushes behind you there is there ?

If he had been squashing the bushes you'd have complained about that too

point is, you can generally find spaces without encroaching on another bay.. he made no effort.. Dave said >>

There were several bags available in the car park that he could easily have parked in without hindering anyone else.

Reactions: GJH

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
point is, you can generally find spaces without encroaching on another bay.. he made no effort.. Dave said >>
Yes but as usual there's no photographic evidence of that is there so I base my opinion on the evidence provided which shows no other option and at least 2 empty bays

Had the photos showed no empty bays lots of cars struggling to park my opinion perhaps would be different.

But as it is it's sensationalism at its best

Like nearly every thread ever posted on here regarding the insulting derogatory flt catchword.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
The thread raises two points

Time 'allowed' on a site - OK down to the site rules but when I use sites I invariably arrive after 4pm and leave before 10am but I pay the same as anyone staying the full 2 hours.

Size of parking bays

In the UK I can just get between the lines in a carpark but still overhang in my 5.5m Eriba

In Spain I could comfortably sit in two bays in a carpark in my 8m Mobilvetta A Class - in the UK it would need four bays

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Yes but as usual there's no photographic evidence of that is there so I base my opinion on the evidence provided which shows no other option and at least 2 empty bays

Had the photos showed no empty bays lots of cars struggling to park my opinion perhaps would be different.

But as it is it's sensationalism at its best

Like nearly every thread ever posted on here regarding the insulting derogatory flt catchword.
I think the point is really that he didn't simply stay to shop (and if the car park was as empty as it appears there's no problem with him doing so). He stayed at least 5 1/2 hours. That's the part that is taking the mickey and drawing attention to selfish parking.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think the point is really that he didn't simply stay to shop (and if the car park was as empty as it appears there's no problem with him doing so). He stayed at least 5 1/2 hours. That's the part that is taking the mickey and drawing attention to selfish parking.
No

The claim was that he overstayed the campsite he was on by 5.5 hours

No one knows how long he was in the aldi carpark

And personally I'm curious as to how the op knew it was the same van.
Did he speak to the campsite owner before he spotted this van parked or after and happened to bring it up in conversation to him.

If motorhome fun is going to play the part of the courtroom and posters the part of judge and jury then it's only fair that the accused have a defence lawyer to ask these questions.

It can't be both ways ..

Either the car park was very busy with no other parking bays the accused could park in

Or it wasn't that busy and by the comment @GJH made above regarding aldis non enforcement of using bays unless busy then he was doing no wrong.

Really if threads are going to be constantly posted on here using the term FLT then they should be required to provide more evidence

It would be required in a court of law before tarnishing someone's good name so why not here.

Personally I'm sick of seeing them

Still never seen a single photograph proving waste dumping etc either.

It's just a popular subject to stir it in my opinion.

The comment I made above was that aldi and Lidl both provide motorhome bays throughout Europe...some you can even stay overnight.

But in the UK I'd imagine they would have to conform with the often mentioned 1960 camping and caravan act
That was my point about UK legislation

I assume both brands are owned by the same company here and elsewhere in Europe so there must be some reason why the dont provide bays here.
And i doubt it's because they haven't noticed a need or demand for them.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We “downsized” to a PVC last November but we still can’t fit into a standard parking space. We overhang the allocated space.

What the hell are we supposed to do?

It’s time that supermarkets realised that, if a motorhome parks in their “car” park, they are probably contributing to their profits.

The term “Free loading tossers” winds me up.

We usually use “proper” sites, so it doesn’t apply to us, but why does everyone seem to take delight in denigrating anyone who has the temerity to want to park their motorhome and go about their daily business?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
No

The comment I made above was that aldi and Lidl both provide motorhome bays throughout Europe...some you can even stay overnight.

But in the UK I'd imagine they would have to conform with the often mentioned 1960 camping and caravan act
That was my point about UK legislation

I assume both brands are owned by the same company here and elsewhere in Europe so there must be some reason why the dont provide bays here.
And i doubt it's because they haven't noticed a need or demand for them.

Well our local Lidl(200m away) in Poland do not provide MH bays. But they would be stupid to do so, as there are few MHs in Poland. However, there is always plenty of normal bays and if one parks on a double fore-aft bay I am sure nobody would care a toss. Pragmatism seems to rule OK in Poland.

Geoff

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Oh dear, that could so easily have been me. In shopping parks I try to back over open waste ground using just one parking spot. Otherwise two, fore and aft, if available. Failing that, as per the photo using 3-4 slots if the car park isn’t too busy. Ultimately, I’ll take my custom elsewhere.

I thought this was responsible behaviour, but it seems not. :oops:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Oh dear, that could so easily have been me. In shopping parks I try to back over open waste ground using just one parking spot. Otherwise two, fore and aft, if available. Failing that, as per the photo using 3-4 slots if the car park isn’t too busy. Ultimately, I’ll take my custom elsewhere.
I thought this was responible behaviour, but it seems not. :oops:

Most of us with MHs park well away from others in any carpark, knowing what damage can be done to our 'delicate' bodywork by careless car owners and we aren't a problem................except to the 'jobsworths'

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
What's an FLT?

I really do not know (or care too much) but like several daily 'american' abbreviations like 'Lol', 'OMG' etc I think I must be losing the plot.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What's an FLT?

I really do not know (or care too much) but like several daily 'american' abbreviations like 'Lol', 'OMG' etc I think I must be losing the plot.
It's the lovely term the Herbert's use to describe those motorhomers who tend not to use campsites.

It stands for "free loading tosser" hence the reason people take offence.

But even in this instance where the opening statement clearly said this camper owner was on a paying campsite and now parked in a local store probably spending money in that store ....still called an flt :)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It's the lovely term the Herbert's use to describe those motorhomers who tend not to use campsites.

Oh and free Aires do you think? ------------------- or is France far too far for these bigoted Herberts.:france:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back