sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Oooooh, if only. Left hooker manual, or auto?

The only thing too big about it for us Paul, would be the hole it would leave in the bank account. :LOL:
Agreed though, it is an absolute smasher of a MH @sallylillian. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Thanks it is a good we'll specd van. It's a left hooker with the 8 speed ZF auto box, which is a real dream. I know people discuss the retarder option on the Daily but honestly with this box you don't need it, touch the brakes downhill and it drops a gear so aresting the speed very well.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes, I often wonder if N&B know how appalling TW are.

We looked into buying on the continent. Sadly, our vehicle was RHD and so we weren't able to part x on the continent.
Yes believe me they do, but there is some huge Hymer group deal which makes them bomb proof. I have yet to meet a uk NiBi owner who has a good word to say about them let alone use them. No I forgot there is one!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes believe me they do, but there is some huge Hymer group deal which makes them bomb proof. I have yet to meet a uk NiBi owner who has a good word to say about them let alone use them. No I forgot there is one!

Saved me having to correct you there Michael, to be fair to TW (why you may ask?) there may be a couple more but sadly I think they are in the minirity.

Interesting point above about Telmar Michael, it would be on "my wish list".

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Saved me having to correct you there Michael, to be fair to TW (why you may ask?) there may be a couple more but sadly I think they are in the minirity.

Interesting point above about Telmar Michael, it would be on "my wish list".

Martin
Sorry Martin cannot add a funny and a like at the same time? @Jim

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Thanks it is a good we'll specd van. It's a left hooker with the 8 speed ZF auto box, which is a real dream. I know people discuss the retarder option on the Daily but honestly with this box you don't need it, touch the brakes downhill and it drops a gear so aresting the speed very well.

Have you given any thought to price yet?

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Martin ,thanks for posting the link,I’ve passed it on to a good friend of mine that is looking for a good quality used Motorhome(y) It looks a very tidy Motorhome and a very good price .
Brian & Jo

Charming, I tell everybody and that bloody @funflair gets the credit, where's my fiver like:D2:LOL:, chuffing typical.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Charming, I tell everybody and that bloody @funflair gets the credit, where's my fiver like:D2:LOL:, chuffing typical.
Sorry CazPaul I was just commenting about Martin including the link:LOL:
Thanks also for being the OP and starting the thread(y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry Paul I was just commenting about Martin including the link:LOL:
Thanks also for being the OP and starting the thread(y)
Brian & Jo

No probs Brian, only joking, as I said loads of times in this thread if its in good condition, then its a real, cracking bargain. Let us know please if your mate views it and what its like.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Looks like a nice van if they hadn’t somehow managed to fit the steering wheel on the wrong side. Where’s the quality control?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ah but you left it a guessing game Paul:LOL: tell you what I will split the commission with you, tell me how much is half of nothing;)

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It's got E&P as well(y)

Martin

Yes I know and a new Alde boiler, new batteries, its a total steal if in good condition, an offer of 23ish may secure.

May have all been fitted professionally with receipts too, SAP for the jacks, Alde centre for new Alde, bingo.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes I know and a new Alde boiler, new batteries, its a total steal if in good condition, an offer of 23ish may secure.

May have all been fitted professionally with receipts too, SAP for the jacks, Alde centre for new Alde, bingo.
I still can't believe it has no side door to the garage, I know the bumper on this is lower than on ours but I still don't think it would be that easy for getting bikes or a scooter in.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I still can't believe it has no side door to the garage, I know the bumper on this is lower than on ours but I still don't think it would be that easy for getting bikes or a scooter in.

Martin

Scooter maybe difficult but bikes will just lift in through the back door, certainly not a deal breaker for me if its in good condition.
I do hope @Brian and Jo mate has a butchers and lets us know.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
My friend has just e- mailed me to say he is looking for some thing a bit newer,But Martin ,one of the reasons he also gave was the lack of that garage door.
Brian & Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Scooter maybe difficult but bikes will just lift in through the back door, certainly not a deal breaker for me if its in good condition.
I do hope @Brian and Jo mate has a butchers and lets us know.
I’m sure someone is going to have a excellent bargain (y)
Brian & Jo

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
My friend has just e- mailed me to say he is looking for some thing a bit newer,But Martin ,one of the reasons he also gave was the lack of that garage door.
Brian & Jo
I would have to have a look and try climbing in but my gut tells me it would be a No No, as for newer vs older I would rather have an older N+B than a lot of newer stuff, but I would say that:LOL: wouldn't ;).

Martin

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
I would have to have a look and try climbing in but my gut tells me it would be a No No, as for newer vs older I would rather have an older N+B than a lot of newer stuff, but I would say that:LOL: wouldn't ;).

Martin
Regarding age Mart ,I think your probably right. But on a new one once you get through the inevitable teething problems hopefully you end up with the van you want;)
Brian & Jo

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Brian & Jo
That would be a stumbling block for me too, and I've got no intentions of ever having a scooter/motorbike. :(

Cheers,

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Just noticed someone has stuck that awful gutter strip over the rear garage door, a classic sign of the door leaking, I have seen quite a few niesmanns with the rear door leaking like this, so that's a downside. Needs a thorough check.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just noticed someone has stuck that awful gutter strip over the rear garage door, a classic sign of the door leaking, I have seen quite a few niesmanns with the rear door leaking like this, so that's a downside. Needs a thorough check.
My friend & I dropped in for a quick look on Tuesday :(. Very tired van, lots of surface rust on chassis area ,poor repair on near side rear upright panel,cabinets and lockers loose and heavy signs of wear, table tops appear to have been hand painted with a satin top coat, large stains on blinds and also signs of damp above cab bed and drivers side..Apart from that a nice van :whistle:.Couldnt comment on mechanics.I dare say with some real hard bargaining on price then it might be a good buy for someone but it does need lots of TLC.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
My friend & I dropped in for a quick look on Tuesday :(. Very tired van, lots of surface rust on chassis area ,poor repair on near side rear upright panel,cabinets and lockers loose and heavy signs of wear, table tops appear to have been hand painted with a satin top coat, large stains on blinds and also signs of damp above cab bed and drivers side..Apart from that a nice van :whistle:.Couldnt comment on mechanics.I dare say with some real hard bargaining on price then it might be a good buy for someone but it does need lots of TLC.
A doo er upper for you Paul.

The damp signs on the roof would be from the cab mask to roof join that you do need to keep on top of, it is Sikaflex and then taped over in the factory but the tape needs redoing every 5 years or so, I did ours with 25 year guarantee roof tape.

Thanks for the feedback @kip

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

The damp signs on the roof would be from the cab mask to roof join that you do need to keep on top of, it is Sikaflex and then taped over in the factory but the tape needs redoing every 5 years or so, I did ours with 25 year guarantee roof tape.

Martin

Yes thanks @kip .
Doesn't sound very well looked after then Martin does it? although with a bit of TLC if everything works inside could be a good one. At least with the new tape should be good as no long lasting damage possible due to the construction.
When something seems to good to be true it usually is.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yes thanks @kip .
Doesn't sound very well looked after then Martin does it? although with a bit of TLC if everything works inside could be a good one. At least with the new tape should be good as no long lasting damage possible due to the construction.
When something seems to good to be true it usually is.
After reading @kip's description Paul, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole............no matter how good I was at DIY. :(

Cheers,

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
After reading @kip's description Paul, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole............no matter how good I was at DIY. :(

Cheers,

Yes, about 8 grand too cheap and that's the reason why, few worrying parts cupboards loose etc.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I’m with Jock if someone hasn’t looked after their van I wouldn’t buy it.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes agree fully, if they havnt looked after the habitation side then they will certainly not have looked after the engine.

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
On and of for many years now permantley

Martin
What sort of tape to you use for that job. I presume you sikaflex then tape over top or otherway round.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back