Busman & PhilandMena breakup tour (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Approached by two couples today while reading book on Aire. Jack & Angie who we first met at Pedro's and a couple who recognised us from Mina Sao Demingos. Apparently, I bought all the good wine from the tiny shop below the shower cabin. It's not true. It's getting very hot here today.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
YIPPEE! One of my favourite Aires has opened up again to motorhomes after local traders ( according to recent post on CamperContact), complained to the authorities in Mertola that they were loosing to much buisness as a result of the police moving on motorhomers when parked in the Sao Domigos Aire. As a result the Aire has been opened up to motorhomes again and when I arrived today thete was only motorhomes using the Aire. The on site cafe manager confirmed it was ok again to park in the bays on the Aire. A faboulous spot, with fishing, swiming, a bourne very close to the Aire, free WiFi and of course a wonderful FLT spot. The word must be out as another 3 motorhomes have arrived as I type this. We stayed at Castro Verde yesterday so we could do maintenance and it's a neat little campsite. Someone has turned the heat on too, now on the high twenties and were seeking shade on the afternoon as it's getting a tad too hot.
A picture taken shortly after we arrived at the Aire. Looks like the local wine is going to be significantly reducedover the next few days.
Once again, upload failure!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
YIPPEE! One of my favourite Aires has opened up again to motorhomes after local traders ( according to recent post on CamperContact), complained to the authorities in Mertola that they were loosing to much buisness as a result of the police moving on motorhomers when parked in the Sao Domigos Aire. As a result the Aire has been opened up to motorhomes again and when I arrived today thete was only motorhomes using the Aire. The on site cafe manager confirmed it was ok again to park in the bays on the Aire. A faboulous spot, with fishing, swiming, a bourne very close to the Aire, free WiFi and of course a wonderful FLT spot. The word must be out as another 3 motorhomes have arrived as I type this. We stayed at Castro Verde yesterday so we could do maintenance and it's a neat little campsite. Someone has turned the heat on too, now on the high twenties and were seeking shade on the afternoon as it's getting a tad too hot.
A picture taken shortly after we arrived at the Aire. Looks like the local wine is going to be significantly reducedover the next few days.
Once again, upload failure!
Phil, is that the one by the river or the one opposite the fire station? We stopped for lunch there on our trip back home but it was a bit too early to stop for the night.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Phil, is that the one by the river or the one opposite the fire station? We stopped for lunch there on our trip back home but it was a bit too early to stop for the night.
It's by a lake Peter. In Camper Contact it is only showing as a service stop with no overnight parking. However the parking is a few hundred metres from the Bourne.
Most of the bays are now taken up by motorhomes with many arriving today after we came, so the word has spread. It truly is an exceptional parking location.
Still unable to load pictures but will try again tomorrow ad I know one of the bars has half decent WiFi.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Aahhh Its not in Mertola then, its the one by the old mines I think. The road to it from Mertola is a real bone shaker. We went there to have a look but there were no spaces left that we could fit into. Ended up staying in the Municipal campsite at a lovely little town called Serpa a bit further North. Well worth a visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Whey he(y)y back on the road again after 10 days in El Puerto de Santa Maria, picked the van up from "The Ranch"
IMG_20180507_151302__01.jpg

Nearly 5hrs later and only 130ml up the road A7 was a nightmare due to big accident :-( now at la Cala de Mijas meeting friends.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
One to put a smile on your chops today.

TWO PRAWNS:
Two prawns were swimming around in the sea one called Justin and the other called Kristian. The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Kristian, 'I'm fed up with being a prawn; I wish I was a shark, and then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten.'
A large mysterious cod appeared and said, 'Your wish is granted'
Lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.
Horrified, Kristian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.
Time passed (as it does) and Justin found life as a shark boring and lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them.
Justin didn't realize that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight. While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn.
He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn.
With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail.

Looking around the gathering at the reef he realized he couldn't see his old pal.
'Where's Kristian?' he asked.
'He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark', came the reply.
Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Kristian's abode. As he opened the coral gate, memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, 'It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again.'
Kristian replied, 'No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, the enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner.'
Justin cried back 'No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed.'.........
'I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Kristian'

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just back from one of our favourite walks round the small lake. Portugal is in full bloom after 5 weeks of continuous rain were in the high twenties and a colour explosion is occurring.
A pictures from our walk? Nope! Lol

Deleted User
Just back from one of our favourite walks round the small lake. Portugal is in full bloom after 5 weeks of continuous rain were in the high twenties and a colour explosion is occurring.
A pictures from our walk? Nope! Lol

Five weeks of continuous rain in Portugal!!......... not where we were, we left Cabanas on Sunday after exactly 5 weeks in which we had some rain on 8 days and of those heavy continuous rain on 3......I keep a diary:)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Five weeks of continuous rain in Portugal!!......... not where we were, we left Cabanas on Sunday after exactly 5 weeks in which we had some rain on 8 days and of those heavy continuous rain on 3......I keep a diary:)
You may well be right! I was not quoting firsthand experiance but only what others have said to me and we both know people sometimes exaggerate. In saying that All the grass we have sen on the plains are lush green so there must have been a decent drop this year.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Decent WiFi at last from local bar.
Picture of the parking bays when we drove on two days ago. Now only a few empty and motorhomes arriving each day. Load of workmen from Mertola arrived today and started prunning trees at end of each parking bay and can only assume acceptance of motorhome parking and making more room for the bigger rigs. Grass cutting and 3 guys tidying up the beach down by the bar front. Note: problem with fresh water at the Bourne, accepts 2 Euro coin but no water. Also, shower head missing on Mena free showers but still warm enough to shower.
20180507_132106.jpg

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Dave, glad to see you two relaxing and keeping the faith. I have now completed my planning for my Journey home and will include Leon and Burgos on our way across Spain after we exit Portugal around the 25th. Fifteen more stops between here and Calais and all FLT spots apart from one which will cosy me 3€. There goes my reputation again. Mind you, they have had to ship more wine into local shop here and my camper is sitting lower on the springs again.
Timed the crossing into Portugal to perfection, averaging 26 Deg which is perfect for us and not too hot to stop us from exploring. Mena sends her love to you both. I guess you must be well up the coast by now! Have you reached Cullera yet ? (Where is that FLT spot by the way)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
What does FLT mean ?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
What does FLT mean ?
Wow! you have been a member since 2008 too. Not to worry.
FLT is short for Free Loading Tosser. A term introduced by some members who are apposed to the way other members enjoy there touring in a motorhome, namely not using campsites or paying for Aires.
Busman Dave and I claim to be FLT experts although I occasional let the side down by going on a campsite/Aire to use the washing facilities etc.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A Guy walks into a seafood Restaurant and after spending nearly twenty minutes looking at the menu, decides on trying squid for the first time. He sees a sign advertising “Choose your own” above a couple of tanks containing live squid. A waiter comes over to him and asks if he is ready to order. “Yes” the guy replied.... “I’d like that green placid one, the one with the moustache”. The waiter advised him that it was not for sale as it was in fact a member of staff. “Don’t be daft” the guy replied, “how can a squid be a member of staff!!?”. The waiter assured him that it was and that he was the pot washer. “Sod off” replied the guy, “the pot washer????”. “Yes indeed sir” replied the waiter, “we always use the mild green hairy lipped squid”....... sorry!!!!!.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Dave, glad to see you two relaxing and keeping the faith. I have now completed my planning for my Journey home and will include Leon and Burgos on our way across Spain after we exit Portugal around the 25th. Fifteen more stops between here and Calais and all FLT spots apart from one which will cosy me 3€. There goes my reputation again. Mind you, they have had to ship more wine into local shop here and my camper is sitting lower on the springs again.
Timed the crossing into Portugal to perfection, averaging 26 Deg which is perfect for us and not too hot to stop us from exploring. Mena sends her love to you both. I guess you must be well up the coast by now! Have you reached Cullera yet ? (Where is that FLT spot by the way)

Planning like that does not sound much like being an FLT ............. :reel:

Make sure you get to the Leon Aire early. There are only about a dozen free motorhome places in the car park. You can park elsewhere in the car park when they are full but you will have to PAY :eek::eek::cry:

Edit. When we went there last year we arrived at about 1pm and got the last free spot

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Planning like that does not sound much like being an FLT ............. :reel:

Make sure you get to the Leon Aire early. There are only about a dozen free motorhome places in the car park. You can park elsewhere in the car park when they are full but you will have to PAY :eek::eek::cry:

Edit. When we went there last year we arrived at about 1pm and got the last free spot
Actually Peter, me ole fruit pastel, it's the planning that has enabled me to incorporate some great senic routes in the northern national parks of Portugal into our journey as we start the long trek home. Something I really enjoyed doing when we were hooked up with @Busman Dave and Maggie. And, whilst on the subject that lucky bustard would coming up smelling of roses if he fell into a sewer but that's for him to explain if he chooses to and not me.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Our last day at Mina Sao Domingos. I love this place, it has everything and is so peaceful. I have tried to load pictures without success but have managed one and that is how we are spending the whole of our last day here. I know of a 6 star Michelin Chef who's company I have recently been in who would love this place
IMG_7161.JPG

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Is that on the Cabo de Gata Dave?
Macenas Plays not far away from Cabo de Gata.
Which I believe is worth seeing and so happens we have booked a penthouse apartment for 14 weeks overlooking the sea at Mojacar playa next January at very very favourable rates lol.
Motorhome parking included :)
IMG_20180510_161453.jpg
IMG_20180510_161622.jpg

Best drinking water around :)

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Our last day at Mina Sao Domingos. I love this place, it has everything and is so peaceful. I have tried to load pictures without success but have managed one and that is how we are spending the whole of our last day here. I know of a 6 star Michelin Chef who's company I have recently been in who would love this place
View attachment 230603
Noted Chef
Ta

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Macenas Plays not far away from Cabo de Gata.
Which I believe is worth seeing and so happens we have booked a penthouse apartment for 14 weeks overlooking the sea at Mojacar playa next January at very very favourable rates lol.
Motorhome parking included :)
View attachment 230813 View attachment 230814
Best drinking water around :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back