Busman & PhilandMena breakup tour (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
We leave Greece on 15th May then perhaps south of France
Going to miss you, safe travels and thanks for the heads up on that parking on Harris behind the dunes, great spot.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well, we partied hard last night and departed from Dave and Maggie earlier this afternoon
It's been a real joy travelling together and we have had a great adventure with them. However, the adventure continues for us both, with Dave snaking his way round to Greece and with us now sitting in the Aire in Mata Rota. Incidently, anyone coming round to Portugal via Seville, the last Spanish fuel station (Sars) is 3 k from the boarder and 1.20 per litre. The first fuel station we saw in Portugal after crossing the boarder was 1.30.
We will continue to upload pictures when we can get decent WiFi connection. Here's one from last night when we were playing silly buggers and drinking all of my red wine and our stairwell earlier today.
20180501_121631.jpg
20180430_213457.jpg

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
This is turning into a mutual appreciation society.
Had a fantastic time touring with Phil & Mena, wasn't planned but both couple's wanted to see a different Spain and we did. Loved travelling with like minded FLT's
Latest :)
IMG_20180501_131824.jpg

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Now in Portuguese bar sampling good Portuguise wine and waiting for tonight's big game to start. Liverpool on here again tomorrow night so here for at least two nights.
20180501_194230.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Is this pushing the boundaries of being a FLT to far. Got the offer of a flat in the centre of Puerto for x amount of days for zilch :) and the chance of a ticket for the MotoGP (cockup on mine) Sunday. Also free parking at their vineyard while at the flat.
Feeling blessed :)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Is this pushing the boundaries of being a FLT to far. Got the offer of a flat in the centre of Puerto for x amount of days for zilch :) and the chance of a ticket for the MotoGP (cockup on mine) Sunday. Also free parking at their vineyard while at the flat.
Feeling blessed :)
Brilliant Dave!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Slipped up there Phil the car park is free and nicer.:)
Agree Dave, a couple of motorhomes on there bit decided to go into Aire. 4.50 euros per 24 hrs so happy with that. That was a brilliant game of football. Looking forward to tomorrow nights game. Mena says she is missing you and Maggie.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree Dave, a couple of motorhomes on there bit decided to go into Aire. 4.50 euros per 24 hrs so happy with that. That was a brilliant game of football. Looking forward to tomorrow nights game. Mena says she is missing you and Maggie.
How many litres of Eurofizz have you had? When did I become Dave?:ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
How many litres of Eurofizz have you had? When did I become Dave?:ROFLMAO:
Lol! What can I say ? Guilty as charged. Beautiful morning here today, bright and warm, although forecast is not great for today but after that, every day above 20 deg. Will get some photos in later and post if the Wifi is man enough.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Not surprising if you were sitting in the bar all night watching grown men kicking a plastic pigs blader around. :D2
As you don't understand the offside rule it's no wonder you have no concept of the art and skill involved in our national game. Might as well discuss the inns and it's of thermo nuclear dynamics for all the good it will do. You sad man Lenny, you must spend more time in my (and Dave's) company so we can straighten you out and show you how to enjoy the finer points in life, ie one Euro bars and the art of being a FLT. Love you.:drinks::drinks::drinks::dance2::dance2:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
As you don't understand the offside rule it's no wonder you have no concept of the art and skill involved in our national game. Might as well discuss the inns and it's of thermo nuclear dynamics for all the good it will do. You sad man Lenny, you must spend more time in my (and Dave's) company so we can straighten you out and show you how to enjoy the finer points in life, ie one Euro bars and the art of being a FLT. Love you.:drinks::drinks::drinks::dance2::dance2:
Already a practiced FTL and a connoisseur of 89 cent Lt boxes of wine.

One you will appreciate Phil, hop on the train to Conceicao and go to "A Charrete" restaurant. Have the economic menu, you get bread & olives, either fish or meat for the main the fish comes with salad as well as chips, you get either a whole Sea Bass or two Sea Bream or Two mackral no choice whatever they have that day, desert, coffee & ½ Lt wine each all for €8.50 each and the food is very good.

upload_2018-5-2_11-41-49.png

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Did you say hop on a train!!!!
Anyway, I appreciate the recommendation and thank you.
Now for some important stuff.
On offer for under 2 euros a bottle, average price in uk between 6 - 7 pounds.
Check out this great Wine from @esporao. I just scanned it with the @Vivino app. http://www.vivino.com/wines/111604237?utm_source=app
Whoops that was supposed to be a picture but link was copied instead. Never mind here's a picture of the main street in Manta Rota but the part we like the most is their magnificent beaches and were heading there shortly.whoops! Upload failed.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Train:- Try it local trains along the coast are brilliant and ideal for FLT's, over 65 show your passport ½ fare that is already cheap and a lot of the time the conductor is too busy talking to the driver to be bothered to collect the fares, it makes even a FLT feel guilty.

We found the Portuguese keep all the best wines for themselves, you never see the good ones outside Portugal. The good ones are a bit dearer €4 - €6 a bottle but some are outstanding.:)

Deleted User
One you will appreciate Phil, hop on the train to Conceicao and go to "A Charrete" restaurant.

Commonly known as the 'Stagecoach' didn't even know it's real name before:)

Cycled past today after a nice round trip to Cacela Velha, not been in this time but Menu Economico has gone from the sign, that doesn't mean they don't still do it though.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Lol! In local bar to watch Liverpool who kick off on 10 minutes as you can see the bar is rammed and I'm a Man U supporter. Plenty of Brits in the Aire and none here.????
Picture will not load!!!!

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Moved off our Dez Rez by the beach
IMG_20180501_131824.jpg
and moved the MH to a lovely private parking while me & maggie sample the delightsd of a central located apartment by the Plaza Espana in Puerto :)
IMG_20180503_111754.jpg
IMG_20180503_111830.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back